Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Has anyone ever tried these?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1008840659

I'm not a fan of the factory provided Ruger scope rings, but I am a fan of Burris Signature Z rings, and this adapter that was actually designed for mounting a Laser scope allows me to use the Z Rings on a Ruger Model 77. The rear mount raises the scope ring height so it is level with the front ring. I recently bought one of the Lipsey Special African rifles in 280AI, and I shot it Saturday using the iron sights. It settled in on zero at 50 yards after just a bit of sight adjustment, and I confirmed that it was still on horizontally and about 1 1/4-1 1/2" inches high at 100 yards. So now I'm planning to mount a 3.5x10 Leupold scope on the rifle as it appears to be a good shooter.

I have used these on four other Ruger 77 long action rifles to utilize using the Burris Z rings, and I have not had a problem with any of the four. One rife that they are used on is a Ruger African in 375 H&H , and it and none of the other three rifles have seen a scope impact change with over 10 years of use on the 375 H&H. The other three Ruger 77'ss are chambered in 25-06, 30-06, and 338 Win Mag.

If you read a couple of the reviews of these at the link you might think that the mounts leave the scope wobbling in a 10 mph breeze. I haven't seen this at all on the four previously mentioned rifles, so I'm not sure what I'm "doing wrong" when I attach these mounts. The only negative I've seen, and its minor, is that the scope sets maybe 1/8" higher than it would using the Ruger rings. When the rife is brought up, you still get a very clear and immediate full sight picture through the scope, so I see no really big down sides to using them.

They are an additional "something" to see when looking at the rifle, but I don't find them objectionable at all. If used on short action Model 77 rifles, they might be a pain in that the mounts would protrude considerably into the action opening and might cause ejection and loading problems. Not so on the long action Ruger 77 rifles, even though both mounts do overlap the mounting spaces slightly but they do not interfere with bolt cycling or loading and ejection on the long action Ruger 77 rifles.

Thoughts?..

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used one briefly to mount a red dot on a 77/22. In general, I prefer simple over complicated, so not a fan. If they work for you, congrats.

Never had any issue with Ruger rings, or the Warne or Leupold ones that fit the dovetail.

I like the inserts in Burris Sig rings, but the Zee rings take a set once tightened and are the devil to get off of a rail, and back on too sometimes. Gotta pry the slot open with a screwdriver.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I been using Warne ruger rings.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
That doesn’t look like Ruger’s traditional blue ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
target gray....

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've used them, makes your scope sit up too high. Best rings for a Ruger are Warner verticals.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I've used them, makes your scope sit up too high. Best rings for a Ruger are Warner verticals.

With all due respect, that has not been my experience.

In fact, the scopes on the rifles that I have used them on all sit lower to the action/barrel profile than some recent pictures shown of scopes mounted on Ruger rifle using other ring options. All of the rifles I have them on with the exception of the 375 H&H have 1" tubed scopes with 40 MM objectives. The scope on the 375 H&H is a straight tube 1" scope.

As I stated in my op, the scopes are in the range of 1/8" higher than they would be by using the Ruger supplied rings. This does not affect scope function at all on a normal hunting rifle. On a 1K yard target rifle, having the scope sit as low as possible would probably be a consideration in using something like these Burris adapters.

Thanks.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 16 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 723 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,665
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.