Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
andy57 Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
A
I have an opportunity to pick up a Winchester model 70,stainless in .375 H&H magnum,CRF, factory Tupperware stock and sights. Trying to decide if it is a bargain ,has only had 20 ads through it. Pictures show it to be in excellent condition,although I have no real need for a big bore it intrigues me. Guy is asking just under $1000 is that a good value? Thanks

1st John 4:7-8
BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This was a topic in the Winchester forum a few days ago.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...stainless-classic-375-price#Post15573386

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I think if you can get it for below $1000 it would be a fair price. I purchased one in 2013 for $750 in similar shape that you describe and felt I got a good deal. In todays market that $750 would be $1000.

A
andy57 Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
A
Thanks for replies, I missed that post. I will have to check it out. Again. Thanks

1st John 4:7-8
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by andy57
I have an opportunity to pick up a Winchester model 70,stainless in .375 H&H magnum,CRF, factory Tupperware stock and sights. Trying to decide if it is a bargain ,has only had 20 ads through it. Pictures show it to be in excellent condition,although I have no real need for a big bore it intrigues me. Guy is asking just under $1000 is that a good value? Thanks

5, 6 or 7 digit classic? That is my only question. Like I said in the other thread, easily worth $1,200.00. I ran across a supergrade classic 375 H&H yesterday, but the shop wanted way too much money for it ($1,800.00)...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Buy it!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That is a very good price in January of ‘21.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

5, 6 or 7 digit classic? That is my only question. Like I said in the other thread, easily worth $1,200.00. I ran across a supergrade classic 375 H&H yesterday, but the shop wanted way too much money for it ($1,800.00)...

The 7 digit stainless classics were never made in the 375 H&H. 2002 last year they were catalogued. 2003 was the switch to 7 digits and 375 H&H stainless is absent from the catalog. If one can get one for $1200 they better jump on it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
That's not a bad deal. Those are great guns. I picked up mine here on the Classifieds a few years ago, seems it was $850 or so. I had it chopped and fluted, NECG irons installed. I re-bedded the Tupperware with Steel Bed. I sorta like this stock, the way it feels and fits. And I don't worry about scratching it.

I probably have $1,200 in it by now, would take a good bit more than that for me to turn it loose. They really shoot, very accurate guns.

I've posted this one a number of times. Just wanted to give an idea what 21" looks like, It sure does handle better than the OEM 24" heavy barrel.

1.5-6x42 Zeiss Victory worth more than the gun, but you can't shoot what you can't see. I've had the comment from an Africa hunter, what a good rig this would be for Leopards. .375 H&H classic round, Victory scope legendary for low light clarity and definition. I think that's probably right, although I have no plans to hunt Leopards. I need to kill a few WT's with this one. There always seems to be a project or two ahead of that idea. But, who knows, maybe one of these days

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I just bought one in similar condition for $1,200. I would most definitely buy one for just under $1,000. In fact, since you don’t have a need for it, I’d be happy to buy the one you know about as a back up should you decide you don’t want it, after all.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF,
That rifle is cocked so better be careful putting it away....lol

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I had it chopped and fluted, NECG irons installed.

That looks REALLY sharp! Who did the work. if I may ask?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Karl Kampfeld is one of the best for flutes, etc. Also good for builds, finishes, etc. I've had competing smiths compliment his work. Ya really good especially when yo competition says you good...

He can do the chop, crown, fit NECG irons, etc. Nice guy to deal with, prices reasonable, turnaround time not bad.

http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/boltfluting0914_008.htm

Aussiegunwriter,

The way my safe is set up, I store bolt guns with bolts open. They take up less room that way.

Cocked, but no round, no BOOM... grin

DF

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

DF,

My grandpa would have kicked my azz if I left a rifle like that.... The only time its cocked is when its hot and ready to go...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The way my safe is set up, I store bolt guns with bolts open. They take up less room that way.

Cocked, but no round, no BOOM... grin

DF

me too

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

DF,

My grandpa would have kicked my azz if I left a rifle like that.... The only time its cocked is when its hot and ready to go...

Or maybe for a photo op... grin

Grandpa would have understood... cool

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I paid 1200 for a like new 5 digit stainless classic 375HH here on the campfire about 3 maybe 4 months ago. I was happy to pay the 1200 because they don’t pop up all that often and when they do people buy them right away. There was one for sale here for 1350 about a year ago, I hesitated and it sold in less than an hour of being posted.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
They’re generally very good, sometimes need tweaking. They have the desirable old style trigger, are generally very accurate. And they aren’t making any more. BACO’s are good but to those preferring New Haven guns, prices will not be going down. Glad I have mine.

DF

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They’re generally very good, sometimes need tweaking. They have the desirable old style trigger, are generally very accurate. And they aren’t making any more. BACO’s are good but to those preferring New Haven guns, prices will not be going down. Glad I have mine.

DF

Very few BACO stainless 375’s out there. SHOT special and limited number. They usually bring as much or more than the Classics.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

DF

Very few BACO stainless 375’s out there. SHOT special and limited number. They usually bring as much or more than the Classics.

If I remember right the stainless BACO’s were put in laminated stocks.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
728 members (09wingates, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 73 invisible), 2,926 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,552
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.