Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

My 2 grand sons and a great grandson were here for Christmas.. Decided they each needed a knife. I had 2 Case stockman, and 1 other brand which the name escapes me.

Decided they should all have a carry knife so I gave them each one.

I have a small Western 6504 whittler I have carried for many years. It takes a good edge and is just the right size for a pocket..

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
I stopped carrying, modifying, and buying benchmade when I found out they were anti gun.

My pocket knives are mostly SOG, Benchmade, Buck, and Spyderco.

When hunting, I carry a bigger pocket knife, but for every day carry it is an orange Spyderco Dragonfly.... the smallest knife that is big enough to hold.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have a couple.. of these. Good knife for the money.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Son bought me a Buck 112 for Christmas, even spent the extra money to have my initials put on. Nice son.. He likes the Kersaw Onions, thinking of one of those as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Buck 112 Auto.

Interesting.

DLT has 'em in stock, so, hell, I went ahead and bought one. smile

https://www.dlttrading.com/buck-112-auto-ranger

Nice. Tell us what you think of it after you get it.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Buck 112 Auto.

Interesting.

Like.

the Buck 110 Auto Elite I looked at on amazon with s30v steel is 249.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWH2PGX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AI452NY1S1NVD&psc=1

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Spyderco Delicia for me most of the time. If needing something slightly larger than the PM2.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I only carry a Benchmade Warren Osborne design mini-barrage with a S30V blade. My daughter and I shared deer camp with Warren on multiple occasions and he was a true treasure. His knife design is still my favorite and I remember him fondly every time I use it.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Try a fixed blade carried in a horizontal aka scout sheath. If you don't need a fashionable handle and leather sheath, Spyderco knives with the kydex holster and G-clip are very handy. Benchmade has a little model with leather sheath and S30V blade. CRKT has one that is fairly economical. You probably already have a fixed blade you could get a sheath made for.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
More a want than a need as I have a boatload of them. Opening a pocketknife with conventional nail nicks is very awkward for me so the several flippers and assisted opening blades I have suit me just fine.

Thinking of an automatic for EDC. Strictly light duty chores. Really not interested in an OTF model if that helps.

Your thoughts, please on what's out there.

Best side opener's made IME:

http://www.protechknives.com/product-category/automatic/godson/

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Any knife as long as as it has a good Lockblade ,1.5 - 2 inch blade has a blade that is easy to sharpen on a stone in a few minutes and is Lightweight for carry .

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deflave
More a want than a need as I have a boatload of them. Opening a pocketknife with conventional nail nicks is very awkward for me so the several flippers and assisted opening blades I have suit me just fine.

Thinking of an automatic for EDC. Strictly light duty chores. Really not interested in an OTF model if that helps.

Your thoughts, please on what's out there.

Best side opener's made IME:

http://www.protechknives.com/product-category/automatic/godson/

I've had the Protech TR3 for years and it has been flawless.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by johnw
Benchmade Barrage

[Linked Image from images.knifecenter.com]

A tad big for most jeans pockets, but I wear carpenters or bibs and carry this in the ruler pocket. Bought it at Presley's Outdoors in Bartonville, Illinois in April of 2010 while I was working an outage at Powerton Station in Pekin.

As near to perfection in a folding knife as I have found. Mine has been used hard, put up wet, and still looks pretty much like new. The 154CM blade is harder than Chinese arithmetic, and requires some effort to sharpen. But, OTOH, I have few knives that hold an edge as well either. I cut anything and everything with it and sharpen it yearly, or so.
When I first bought this blade I thought the grips looked maybe a bit uncomfortable. I was wrong. Within a day of acquiring this knife it had become a part of me. As natural and easy to use as can be without being attached by blood and bone.

If you must have something smaller they make it in a Mini-Barrage. I have no experience with this model, but it looks sized to actually fit a pants pocket.

I have both the Full Size and the Mini Barrage. Have carried them for many years.....great knives!

Also carry the Boker Kwaiken Aoutmatic.....sharp blade!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Froggy, I've had the full size for a few years. Nice knife but never got too excited about it.
Many thanks for sharing.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Kershaw Clash my edc

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by cra1948
Kershaw Leek. I think they are a great EDC. They open at least as easily and quickly as the best automatics and are priced a whole lot better. it's made in USA.

They are a nice size for an EDC, hold a good edge - probably the best non-obtrusive EDC available - IMO

drover

After losing my second Benchmade and loving its unique easy open build I looked for an American made piece for maybe a bit less $$$

I bought two different model Kershaw and love the Scallion best. Smallish size makes it ride in the pocket nicely even when seated. Keeps an edge and is much easier to sharpen than the BM.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My Daughter and son in law recently bought me a Buck 110 auto for my birthday.

Was packing a smaller Benchmade auto in a belt sheath, but decided if I was going to pack in a sheath, I may as well pack a little bigger knife.

Am VERY pleased with my Buck 110 Auto.

Virgil B.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Microtech Brend2 and have tried to like it but it has too many flaws. Handle has too many edges, action has less power than I like, and the blade is the toughest to sharpen of all my knives due to the geometry. https://www.pvk.vegas/Protech-Brend-2-Small-Automatic-Knife-p/1pt-1206c.htm

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're willing to pay for the best then:
https://chrisreeve.com/products/sebenza-31-plain

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
145 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,897
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.