Print Thread
Hop To
B
Benbo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
JB, somewhere I read something you wrote about a gun shop in Kentucky that had about anything a looney might want..... I believe you said you’d try to go there once a year or so.... ring any bells? I was looking for a pre safety marlin 336 in 35rem and thought I’d see if maybe they had one. Thanks.

GB1

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Probably Whittaker Guns. I don't think they list used guns on the website so you'd need to call/visit.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Whittaker Guns

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, Whittaker Guns. If they don't carry used firearms anymore it's news to me. I'd call them and ask.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
R
R
https://www.whittakerguns.com/

Like most shops these days they don’t have the inventory they usually have but still a great place to visit.

IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Yep, Whittaker Guns. If they don't carry used firearms anymore it's news to me. I'd call them and ask.

Sorry, my post was meant to indicate that they don't post used guns for purchase on the website. In store is another matter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Whittaker Guns is open Tuesday thru Saturday, from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Give them a call.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
B
Benbo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks all

I’ll look at the mileage from my house and may just head out on an adventure

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can drive about 45 minutes south of Whitakers, and visit another gun shop. Uncle Lee's. It is actually owned by Bud's Gun Shop, and they have a large selection of guns.

If you go to Whitakers, be sure and eat at the Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro. Truthfully, I don't care for their barbeque, but it will be a great dining experience.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
You can drive about 45 minutes south of Whitakers, and visit another gun shop. Uncle Lee's. It is actually owned by Bud's Gun Shop, and they have a large selection of guns.

If you go to Whitakers, be sure and eat at the Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro. Personally, I don't care for their barbeque, but it will be a great dining experience.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Last time I went to Moonlite, I said they had better take my picture if they ever wanted to see me again, BBQ sucks but there are other good places to eat around there. The little bar across the street from Whittaker's has good food.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pullit
Last time I went to Moonlite, I said they had better take my picture if they ever wanted to see me again, BBQ sucks but there are other good places to eat around there. The little bar across the street from Whittaker's has good food.

I mentioned the Moonlite, because a lot of people like it. I like their buffet, but not the barbeque. I'm more of a fan of the style of barbeque that's cooked here in my part of the state, and also in bordering Tennessee. Thanks for the tip about the bar across the street. I've heard it was a good place to eat.

BTW, Hickory BBQ in Owensboro is pretty good.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yeah the buffet at Moonlite is not bad just not a fan of their BBq. Mutton is not my thing for sure.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I mentioned the Moonlite, because a lot of people like it. I like their buffet, but not the barbeque. I'm more of a fan of the style of barbeque that's cooked here in my part of the state, and also in bordering Tennessee. Thanks for the tip about the bar across the street. I've heard it was a good place to eat.

BTW, Hickory BBQ in Owensboro is pretty good.

+1. I don't like their BBQ, but the buffet on Friday, with the fish, is excellent. Unfortunately, I don't think the buffet is open right now, because of the Covid. Too bad, they have excellent desserts on that buffet, not to mention the other good stuff.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thats exactly were i eat at when i make a trip to whitakers ,every few years ,..good food

NRA Life Member
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by qotsarock
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Sorry, my post was meant to indicate that they don't post used guns for purchase on the website. In store is another matter.

I few years back Whitakers OLD website they kept a running list of used guns that was super easy to search and I bought a few guns off it, that went away when they "upgraded" the web presence.

Ted
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The little bar across the street from Whittaker's has good food.

And real cold beer...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (12344mag, 160user, 338reddog, 35, 300jimmy, 2UP, 24 invisible), 1,671 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,598
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.