Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
WANTED....Calf Elk/Moose/Coyote Decoy... for Wolves

Is there a Taxidermist or someone out there that can make me a life-like movable..flexible elk/moose calf decoy... and a coyote as well? It doesn't matter if it looks like a calf moose or elk... or even something that might pass for a deer... as long at it looks like some type of big game animal that is being harassed or pulled down by a coyote... which looks life like as well. Each animal can be hollow for light weight packing, as long as the head/neck area and the legs can be floppy and movable. Think of it like puppets. It needs to be somewhat 3 dimensional... NOT flat like cardboard or a picture. The legs can dangle or be floppy, as long as the body...neck and head area has some kind of full looking form to it. I think a taxidermist would be able to whip up something close for me... and I'll pay as well... I just need the correct contact.
My plan is to make the coyote look and act like it's trying to pull down the calf so that I can blast charging wolves with a shotgun at point blank range.... without being eaten...LOL. Closer the better....WOW.

I know this sounds crazy to many... but Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DanBrothers

Is there a Taxidermist or someone out there that can make me a life-like movable..flexible elk/moose calf decoy... and a coyote as well?.........

I know this sounds crazy to many...

I won't comment on the set-up but you can buy inflatable cow decoys.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Look at Montana decoy

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by smokepole

Is there a Taxidermist or someone out there that can make me a life-like movable..flexible elk/moose calf decoy... and a coyote as well?.........

I know this sounds crazy to many...

I won't comment on the set-up but you can buy inflatable cow decoys.

Oh f***k I'm dying here.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

DB my man this has got me thinking. I hear there's lots of wolves running the halls of Congress (you can hear the prey screaming), maybe a cow decoy strategically deployed in the U.S. House Chamber on January 20th would be just the ticket to collect some wolf pelts.

I recommend a 300 Blackout with a BIG can and a surreptitious escape plan whilst packing all those pelts.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
JFC this is the silliest thing I have heard. Sounds like something VG or Jag would come up with. You seriously want to pack some 3D moose and coyote decoy around N Idaho? You really need to see the country to see how goofy this sounds.

The only reason to use a decoy is so call something in real close and wolves are hard to do this to. First thing they will do well before they get close is circle downwind. Wolves aren't coyotes, they don't make mistakes. If you are the coyote sniper you claim to be, then you don't need a decoy and you would be shooting them way before they could ever see a decoy. Load your crap up and head west. You are either serious or not.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
If you understood my plan...then you would help me get the decoys made...thanks

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bring snowshoes instead...

Yes, I have hunted and killed wolves in the mountains this time of year.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you understood my plan...then you would help me get the decoys made...thanks

You spelled out your plan and it’s goofy. Get yourself in shape and, like said above bring snowshoes.

Ya and I have killed wolves too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
MFer I can’t tell if this guys wolf threads are for real or not. This one didn’t disappoint.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

DB my man this has got me thinking. I hear there's lots of wolves running the halls of Congress (you can hear the prey screaming), maybe a cow decoy strategically deployed in the U.S. House Chamber on January 20th would be just the ticket to collect some wolf pelts.

I recommend a 300 Blackout with a BIG can and a surreptitious escape plan whilst packing all those pelts.

Forget it. Ain't nuthin going to home on that Pelosi, even if she was in heat..

And wolves do make mistakes, just not often. I've seen a few. All a hunter needs is one... which is where that pelt on my wall came from.

Last edited by las; 01/15/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Lol......

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
This guy has to be a troll

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I go back and forth on that myself Mik. He's an odd dude...

In Idaho and western Montana the wolves I have been around are in fairly accessible country this time of year, I presume because most deer and elk have migrated to the low country. I have to wonder if those wolves that do remain higher up where snowshoes would be helpful are less pressured, and maybe more concentrated due to the difficulty of getting around, both by them and the elk that seem to winter in concentrated pockets of higher country where the snow isn't quite so deep, and windblown. The wolves that hunt those elk all winter might be more vulnerable or "easier". Packing a 3D decoy in there isn't something that would be of interest to me, but whatever.

Maybe I just have no idea either.....

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

sounds like a good plan take some video please

Is there a Taxidermist or someone out there that can make me a life-like movable..flexible elk/moose calf decoy... and a coyote as well? It doesn't matter if it looks like a calf moose or elk... or even something that might pass for a deer... as long at it looks like some type of big game animal that is being harassed or pulled down by a coyote... which looks life like as well. Each animal can be hollow for light weight packing, as long as the head/neck area and the legs can be floppy and movable. Think of it like puppets. It needs to be somewhat 3 dimensional... NOT flat like cardboard or a picture. The legs can dangle or be floppy, as long as the body...neck and head area has some kind of full looking form to it. I think a taxidermist would be able to whip up something close for me... and I'll pay as well... I just need the correct contact.
My plan is to make the coyote look and act like it's trying to pull down the calf so that I can blast charging wolves with a shotgun at point blank range.... without being eaten...LOL. Closer the better....WOW.

I know this sounds crazy to many... but Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.