Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

It did. The source of the problem is in people's hearts and minds, not some pictures or laws. I don't blame the gun for violence either.

I know men in their 40's and in their 20's that don't want to get married or have a long term relationship.

It's not due to being morally bankrupt. It's due to the family court system in the United States.

And this is becoming more common every year and will only get worse until it's addressed.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Laws create economic incentives that change behaviors. 80% of divorces are filed by women. In general, it's not men that are leaving marriage, it's women. Why? A very large factor in all this is how the family court systems made it easy for them to take another persons future earnings and possessions.
Yep. Clearly.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I find it sorta funny that a bunch of older men would have an opinion on the younger generation's sexual and marriage habits when they all brag endlessly about the sexual exploits of their past....and fall over each other to high five the 14 year old being screwed by the civics teacher.

Today's young people exist in the appropriate time.

Whats next? A home ownership thread?

Things change.

Maybe its a good trend. Fewer marriages equal fewer divorces.

Some jackleg working for the Catholics named O'Malley gonna tell me and mine whats up?

Uhh....no.

The majority of those passing judgement think the family court systems are perfectly fine.

Men in this country love to call other men deadbeats because a woman or a judge said so.

Since women are doing 80% of the leaving, who are the real "deadbeats" when it comes to relationships and marriage?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
I find it sorta funny that a bunch of older men would have an opinion on the younger generation's sexual and marriage habits when they all brag endlessly about the sexual exploits of their past....and fall over each other to high five the 14 year old being screwed by the civics teacher.

Today's young people exist in the appropriate time.

Whats next? A home ownership thread?

Things change.

Maybe its a good trend. Fewer marriages equal fewer divorces.

Some jackleg working for the Catholics named O'Malley gonna tell me and mine whats up?

Uhh....no.

The majority of those passing judgement think the family court systems are perfectly fine.

Men in this country love to call other men deadbeats because a woman or a judge said so.

Since women are doing 80% of the leaving, who are the real "deadbeats" when it comes to relationships and marriage?

Yeah.

Women. F’kem.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Yeah.

Women. F’kem.
Yeah.

Literally. And figuratively.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Yeah.

Women. F’kem.
Yeah.

Literally. And figuratively.

You understand.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Love me some va jay jay

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The no-fault divorce has been a bad thing overall,. . . .

You believe that people should be forced to stay married unless they meet criteria from a state-approved list of transgressions?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

You believe that people should be forced to stay married unless they meet criteria from a state-approved list of transgressions?

The state has much to say about it especially if they have to pick up parts of the welfare ticket that sometimes follows.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe that when someone signs a legally binding contract, that they should be held to it. And if ‘they’ want to break that legally binding contract and get out of it, especially just because they want to, that ‘they’ should be the one’s to foot the bill for ‘all’ of doing so.

If you loaned someone 20,000 dollars and you both signed a legally binding contract whereby ‘they’ were obligated to pay you back, I think they should be held to it, and I don’t think ‘they’ should be able to get out of it just because they wanted to...and be given a huge financial incentive for doing so...and have ‘you’ not only take the loss...but also have ‘you’ foot the bill for ‘all’ of it.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Tyrone
You guys bring up a lot of good points.

I think a lot of it has to do with expectation. For me, marriage was something I thought successful people did, not something for the poor. I didn't even start looking for a wife until I had a relatively stable, good paying job. Also, sex was so available, what if I married and something better came along?

Those are both pretty FU sentiments, but they are even more common today. All that waiting for more, waiting for better is really a form of depression or causes a form of depression. You should see some of the kids I work with - yes, they have a decent job, but they have no hope or vision for the future, no idea about fulfillment. And, they even look depressed.

I got married when neither of us had a penny to our name. Had a kid soon after. Had negative pennies to our names. Climbed out of the hole because this is America and I can.

Marriage isn't tied to money, it's tied to commitment.

BGG,
And when did you get married?
Sure, that worked in your day, but watch the video I posted above. That's not what women expect. The current trend is for them to expect a man:

At least 6 feet tall. (14% of men)
Bachler's degree or greater, no trade schools, because men in the trades are "low status" (25% of men)
6 figure income (10% of men)
6 figures of home equity
6 figure bank account

How many of those had applied to you at the time you married your wife? I'm guessing maybe the 6" in height, maybe the degree, but none of the rest?
Too many modern women are not looking to build a future with a good man in the same way that your wife did. Instead, they expect to wait at the finish line, and scoop him up as he crosses, so he can rescue them from the 200k in student loans and credit card (70& of all student loan balances are held by women, and 80% of all consumer debt is held by women) after they had all their fun in their 20's hooking up and partying.

Tyrone,

Glad you did it right. Guys who follow your model, wait until they are in their 30's and established have the most options in the dating market. The current trend if for the most options to be available to guys between the ages of 32 and 36, and up to 45 depending upon their resources, and for them to snap up the most desirable women, being those between 22 and 26, with low body counts, so they have not lost their ability to pair bond, and not so educated that they have 200k in debt and unrealistic expectations regarding what men bring to the table.

Of course this leave a lot of highly educated, debt ridden bitter 30+ year old women who can't find a man to meet their white knight standards, unless they are willing to look to guys 20+ years older. This will be very good for the market for cat food and pet toys, but not so good for sales of double cemetery plots, unless one is for her cat.

Only been married 20 years this May. You are correct, in that the 6' mark is the only one I met, and that only barely.

I'm not absolving the modern man of any culpability, but (and there may be built in bias?) I believe we're for the most part, the same we always were. Biologically women are too, but societally it is the fairer sex who have changed in the last couple generations. Some good, but far and away for the bad. Used to be being a slut, or a gold digger carried a certain amount of shame. That is gone now. Utterly. Some would argue that's for the better. I'm not one of them.

To be fair though, in decades past, how many women stuck around an [bleep] husband who smacked her around and cheated on her at the drop of a hat? The stigma of being an unwed mother, or whore kept them at home in a situation that sucked. Now there is far less compunction to even try and stick around to work out a rough patch. No incentive to have a successful happy marriage. Almost nobody even actually raises their own kids anymore.

MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I believe that when someone signs a legally binding contract, that they should be held to it. And if ‘they’ want to break that legally binding contract and get out of it, especially just because they want to, that ‘they’ should be the one’s to foot the bill for ‘all’ of doing so.

If you loaned someone 20,000 dollars and you both signed a legally binding contract whereby ‘they’ were obligated to pay you back, I think they should be held to it, and I don’t think ‘they’ should be able to get out of it just because they wanted to...and be given a huge financial incentive for doing so...and have ‘you’ not only take the loss...but also have ‘you’ foot the bill for ‘all’ of it.

Sorry but that’s a dumb analogy

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've heard some chilling child support stories that young guys are getting saddled with from the leftist infested (and black female judges infested) court systems here. And they are crippling. Baby Mamma just goes out and gets a new boyfriend to put a check in the man box and she's off and running to Talbot's. The kid doesn't know any difference and typically grows up with multiple "Daddy"-bots.

My younger brother has told me some horror stories of younger guys who work with him that have good jobs getting saddled with ridiculous child support to where they don't have enough left to take care of themselves. Where these judges and courts come up with these numbers, I have no idea.

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/17/21.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Tyrone,

Glad you did it right.
Oh, no! I think I did it fairly wrong!

On the positive side, I don't think I could have found a better wife. So I didn't do it completely wrong. But, it took me that long to figure out what a good woman is like, or, I was too caught up in chasing sex, not believing that I'd ever find the right woman. I think culture is totally counterproductive to the formation of stable families. I finally had to say in my own mind "screw all that stuff, I have to do what I think is right".

Another misconception is that you have to be rich or well off to be happily married. Sure, it helps, especially for materialistic individuals. But it sure isn't totally true as BillyGoatGruff pointed out. He had the sense that I lacked and as a result, he has gotten to have many more happy years devoted to a wife and family than I have.

My wife sometimes says "If we could have just met 10 years earlier." Personally, I don't think it would have done any good. I would have foolishly wrote her off in pursuit of something "better".

I didn't have sense so much as got lucky. smile I fully intended to get married and have a family, but didn't intend on doing it at 21. I did have a set of criteria, and prayed deeply that I didn't create a life by accident with the wrong woman before that. I'm not a very religious man, but one of the things I absolutely credit the Creator with is bringing my wife and I together. That she's still here is another miracle lol.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd held off and married later what difference it would've made, I missed out on some things for sure, but it's an exercise in mental masturbation that I've found to be waste of my time. Like planning what I'm going to do with the money I'm never going to win from the lotto.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

80% of divorces are filed by women. In general, it's not men that are leaving marriage, it's women. Why? A very large factor in all this is how the family court systems made it easy for them to take another persons future earnings and possessions.

I really don't see that 80% figure as proof of anything without more context. Are there any studies on that? I also think that there is a lower chance of women getting future earnings or a disproportionate share of property than in the past, when the stay-at-home wife/mom got to continue staying at home at ex's expense. This is especially true with dual-income and short "starter" marriages. I also have seen men who don't file for a divorce for reasons that have nothing to do with affinity for their spouses. I remember one guy who showed me some pictures of his girlfriend's boobs. He always was talking about how much he disliked his wife. When I asked him why he didn't get a divorce, he said something to the effect of: "I can't do that because my girlfriend would want me to marry her."

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I agree that family court is fugked. Absolutely. But to not get married, because you plan on splitting the sheets later and getting taken to the cleaners doesn't make sense to me either.

Don't want to have a kid with that chick? Don't fugk her, or for christ sakes use one of the million options out there for birth control. Crying foul because you're expected to pay for the upbringing, then you ought not extoll any perceived virtues of bygone eras about how modern men are puzzies.

Yes before you liberated men flame me, I agree the amounts being levied in judgements against the fathers are criminal.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Feminism has destroyed modern females

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If marriage was easier to enter and painless to get out of.....there would be more successful marriages.
Uh - that might be a truth - or - at least a cogent point. But, in a thread this thoughtful, acceptance of your premise is probably going to call for considerable explanation and example.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
Feminism has destroyed modern females

Yes it has. It's also turning men into wusses.

Today's woman is a "strong, independent woman!" who "doesn't need a man!" Most men, even today, don't want that. Men need to be needed, like it or not. If we're not needed, what the hell are we doing there anyway? Men are not "intimidated" by these "strong, independent women", they just don't want to put up with that schidt. It's not what they want.

So, you end up with generations of men and women that get together to screw, but, since they can't stand each other, that's about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You believe that people should be forced to stay married unless they meet criteria from a state-approved list of transgressions
I had not ever thought about that concept, but you stir a bit of interest. Given some bad circumstances, judgments and outcomes from the current setup - noted in this tread - maybe such criteria for granting of divorce would be better than what we are doing now. Can you give a short list for consideration?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (338reddog, 35, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 007FJ, 19 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,584
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.