Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I just got an 80C tripod yesterday and the 52mm ballhead will be here today. Tripod is stout for sure.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You guys have some fancy tripods for sure.

I have had good luck out of the death grip for our hunting needs. I couldn’t piece together a tripod with a saddle for what I paid for it or I would have gone a different route for sure

It will be used in the morning by my nephew on the Tn youth hunt out of a blind

If I was shooting Comp or very weight conscious definitely wouldn’t get it. For a .75 mile walk in and out it’s not a issue.

If you check budsGun shop online they had the Best price for it I could find anywhere. Bass pro matched the price and I picked one up in person.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
The 22 lbs models are plenty. They handle my 18 lbs match rifles without issue.

Thanks Jordan. Appreciate the input!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by kevinJ
You guys have some fancy tripods for sure.

I have had good luck out of the death grip for our hunting needs. I couldn’t piece together a tripod with a saddle for what I paid for it or I would have gone a different route for sure

It will be used in the morning by my nephew on the Tn youth hunt out of a blind

If I was shooting Comp or very weight conscious definitely wouldn’t get it. For a .75 mile walk in and out it’s not a issue.

If you check budsGun shop online they had the Best price for it I could find anywhere. Bass pro matched the price and I picked one up in person.

I think I’ll get one. I want to dump my cabelas points anyway now that they’ve turned into what they have. No further than we would carry it weight isn’t going to be a issue here either. I also think it would show me if I needed or wanted to invest in a better one.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Kaleb. Where you live in Tn? Could possibly let you check it out before you buy it. I’m in Maryville. Shoot me a PM if your close

Bass pro price matched budsgunshop online for me and that was the lowest price I found it at btw. Could have changed by now though

I mainly got it for my kids, but have also used it with success for myself. If I was a Comp shooter or at the level of aalf I would probably have invested more. But I’m not! Lol

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Some photos I had on my phone of it and in use. Deer was my nephews first deer last fall

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Cool.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by CApighunter
I just got an 80C tripod yesterday and the 52mm ballhead will be here today. Tripod is stout for sure.

I bet the same deal as the ballheadz, same company /factory... This one has flip locks.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089ZZTD74/ref=sspa_mw_detail_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
For hunting I use one of these:

https://triclawps.com/collections/all

and Slik 340DX legs. The setup is strong and fairly light.

For competition I use Slik 700DX legs and a leveling base with QR Arca adapter. The Arca setup is more stable and compact than the cradle, but also less versatile (rifle needs Arca rail on the stock/chassis). If your hunting rifle has an Arca rail near the front action screw, then that setup is pretty awesome, but the cradle is pretty darn stable as well. I use the cradle and smaller tripod legs for hunting because not all the rifles I hunt with have Arca rails (most don't), and the setup is lighter and more portable with the smaller legs, but still plenty strong for sporter-weight rifles.

Triclawps on my wish list after much mind fornication. Under 11oz, USA and forever warranty.

Here's something for the elite. It's only $117...... Per month.

And a recommendation from PETA.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/02/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Very cool kevin! I’m in southern middle pretty good ways off but I appreciate it. I’m thinking it will work for us. A lot of the time I wouldn’t have to walk over a few hundred yards when we hid would be used.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by aalf
My setup is 4 lbs, 4 ozs, but a tad more money than the DG:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very nice setup, AALF.

MM

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I ended up with these. Haven’t got a saddle yet, so haven’t had a rifle on it. But the legs seem very sturdy, and the ball head very smooth.

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 12/15/20.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Tag

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I ended up with a Triclawps that Jordan brought up. They say they went with the polymer as superior to aluminum and I think they are right on. I'll spare ya'll the view from the couch pics, but, it holds my heaviest rifle steady with eaze. Good chit man.

https://triclawps.com/products/triclawps-solo-saddle

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I ended up with these. Haven’t got a saddle yet, so haven’t had a rifle on it. But the legs seem very sturdy, and the ball head very smooth.

John

Here’s a few pics of my Innorel setup. Works great with an MPA chassis.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John, what made you choose that model over the 80C or the 90C?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
As others have likely said, skip the grip and direct mount everything. Much better setup.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Partagas
John, what made you choose that model over the 80C or the 90C?

ST344C’s load capacity is significantly higher than the RT80c and it’s not as big or heavy than the RT90c and carries nearly as much load.

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 01/19/21.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Over the years I've used any numbers of shooting stix, bi-pods and tripods

I have the carbon fiber model DGBP.

It works well for what I do which is mainly stand hunting, consequently weight is not a factor. I'll set it up and leave it until I leave

I find it to be plenty steady for any type of rifle I employ

I recently purchased the ATN HD 4K pro night vision scope for night-time varming and hog hunting.

I can set it up with the rifle securely positioned toward a point of impact and use wi-fi to stream to my tablet.

Don't have to keep my eye glued to the scope. Makes a big difference at night.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/19/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
GWB, that is badass.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 57 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,912
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.