Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Buying an upper and the guy offered to sell me a Colt bcg and CH for an additional $250. In this market we’re in would it be smart to just take it?

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/16/21.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Depends on how bad you need it. I wouldn't pay that for one.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Is it brand new

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Someone linked a company called Specialized Armament out of Peoria, Arizona in a recent parts-is-parts thread. They had new Colt BCGs for $250. In normal times, that would be a bit much, but these aren't normal times. I ordered it the first week in December IIRC, and got it a couple of days ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Buying an upper and the guy offered to sell me a Colt bcg and CH for an additional $250. In this market we’re in would it be smart to just take it?

That's been the going rate for a Colt BCG for some time if that's what you want.

But, today, there's nothing really special about a Colt BCG & it's a plain jane mag phosphate BCG.

Lots of other BCG's that are at least as good or better.

Here's the website I've been using for Colt parts..............when they are available.

Colt Parts

MM

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Don’t really need it, just thought I’d grab it if it was about right, right now. I’d be happy with a tool craft.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Don’t really need it, just thought I’d grab it if it was about right, right now. I’d be happy with a tool craft.

So you do or don't need one? Sounds like you need one to me. I personally wouldn't pay that much for one....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I’m not lacking one. Guy offered it as part of another deal. Haven’t kept up with availability or what the general consensus of what the future holds is. If there was a feeling they’d be unattainable in the foreseeable future I figured I’d grab it as a spare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They'll be obtainable for a while, but even now, on any given day, that are damn scarce.

If you just want to have some extras, go to Rubber City Armory & get a full nitrided BCG group BLEM.............it's just a cosmetic blem, they are a top shelf product (they make Noveske's BCG's) for $130.

It will usually say "available in backorder", but that's just a blanket CYA...............I've gotten them next day or sometimes, it's been a couple of weeks, but you will get it. And it will be good.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
They'll be obtainable for a while, but even now, on any given day, that are damn scarce.

If you just want to have some extras, go to Rubber City Armory & get a full nitrided BCG group BLEM.............it's just a cosmetic blem, they are a top shelf product (they make Noveske's BCG's) for $130.

It will usually say "available in backorder", but that's just a blanket CYA...............I've gotten them next day or sometimes, it's been a couple of weeks, but you will get it. And it will be good.

MM

Thats a great suggestion.. I'd do that before I paid that much for a colt BCG.. My consensus is the guy is trying to screw someone over... I could have bought a complete Colt A2 in beautiful condition, the other day, for $1,150.00...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Prices are all over the board here. Most of the $2,500 colts on vaguntrader are getting no takers though.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

MM

Thanks.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

MM

Thanks, MM. Good info. I've been looking around for a Colt or Toolcraft bcg for a spare myself. Colts are stupid expensive and Toolcrafts are unobtanium.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
For that price I'd pass.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 73 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.