Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
330? Or is it a bad idea?

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
good luck ever getting one to stick his head in......

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
German Shepard size coyote
asking for a friend.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A snare would be a better choice. A bait station in a thicket and covering all trails in or find where they are going under a fence. A good location is a frozen creek where a fence crosses it.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
I have to agree with the snare. I

SGT. USMC 72-75
DAV
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This German Shepard size coyote lives in a semi-urban area.
I like snares, but this would work much better inside a large cardboard box. Would a coyote that size get kilt quick in a 330?
Again, asking for a friend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just bought some Sauvageau traps for beaver. Opening is 11"x12", they are pretty impressive looking to this rookie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A 330 is big enough, but you'll play hell getting him to commit.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
In alot of states a #330 size killer trap on dry land is very much against the law. Check the regs. first!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you would be wasting your time trying to catch a Coyote in a #330. I suppose there is one coyote in a thousand that would stick its head in a #330 Conibear. But I doubt it.
''Although I did catch a beaver in a #220 Conibear in a bucket trap I was using for coons.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by blindshooter
I like snares, but this would work much better inside a large cardboard box. Would a coyote that size get kilt quick in a 330?

His your friend a full blown retard wanting to trap a coyote in a semi-urban area with a bodygripper, which by the way is illegal anywhere in the lower 48?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by readonly

His your friend a full blown retard wanting to trap a coyote in a semi-urban area with a bodygripper, which by the way is illegal anywhere in the lower 48?

The tard does run strong around here crazy
Legal don't have anything to do with the situation, its more of a SSS thing. Except he can't shoot.
The county can't or won't help.
Its dogs, two shepards that a drug dealer keeps for alarms. They are off the chain/cable more than on it. Every time the county shows up he is just legal enough to stop them from taking them. I told him I won't too sure that the 330 might just hit him on the forehead and send him off with one eye or some such chit. He wants to be quiet. If it was me I'd just shoot the fuggers and say they were attacking me but he thinks that might put the doper in revenge mode or something. Won't even ask them to leave live traps on his property for the same reason. He's 88 and somewhat crippled.
Sorry for being too cryptic.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by scott_arthur
In alot of states a #330 size killer trap on dry land is very much against the law. Check the regs. first!

This

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Will a 330 kill them? Yes. I've seen pictures of wolves that have been caught in 330's up here and they worked, but it was few and far between. I sure wouldn't want to get busted doing it in an urban area though.......the reason we have so many stupid laws now is because people did stupid stuff like that and caught fido instead of their intended target. I wouldn't do it personally.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Will a 330 kill them? Yes. I've seen pictures of wolves that have been caught in 330's up here and they worked, but it was few and far between. I sure wouldn't want to get busted doing it in an urban area though.......the reason we have so many stupid laws now is because people did stupid stuff like that and caught fido instead of their intended target. I wouldn't do it personally.

I talked him out of the 330 today. And then talked him out of poison.
He's going to try the county again and allow them to place live traps in his back yard.
He don't have much to do but worry over chit like this and he can't talk to his grown daughters about his desire to eliminate the dealer and his mutts.
So I listen to him and we bs some. Maybe somebody will listen to me bitch when I get that old.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In a pinch a M44 will work.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
In a pinch a M44 will work.......

This^^^^^^^ crazy cool

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Would it work on a dog? Probably, but it might not kill it instantly, so the trap would have to be really staked down. Coyotes? Probably not.

We lost the use of M44's here in NM last year and, based on the bill introduced on the floor of the NM State House this morning, we are looking at losing leg-hold traps and snares on all public lands this year. With the loss of 5 sympathetic Democrats in the Legislature to liberals, it's not looking good for trappers here. They narrowly defeated the anti-trappers last year but it took a LOT of lobbying to get it done. Last year's bill would have even outlawed live traps (Havahart type) for any species, including feral swine.

I wish your friend the best.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by readonly

The tard does run strong around here crazy
Legal don't have anything to do with the situation, its more of a SSS thing. Except he can't shoot.
The county can't or won't help.
Its dogs, two shepards that a drug dealer keeps for alarms. They are off the chain/cable more than on it. Every time the county shows up he is just legal enough to stop them from taking them. I told him I won't too sure that the 330 might just hit him on the forehead and send him off with one eye or some such chit. He wants to be quiet. If it was me I'd just shoot the fuggers and say they were attacking me but he thinks that might put the doper in revenge mode or something. Won't even ask them to leave live traps on his property for the same reason. He's 88 and somewhat crippled.
Sorry for being too cryptic.

Yet, here you are (or were, at least) promoting what I suspect is illegal trapping on an open forum. This isn't to mention way too many "he's" "the's" and "them's" to have any understanding of what the hell you're referring to. I presume the "German Shepard size coyote" is actually the "Its dogs, two shepards" and that was code to protect the guilty your friend, but that's about the only point I can decipher out of this thread.

The 'Tard does run strong....

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I haven't promoted anything. Just trying to help a old man from getting mauled.
You and others convinced me to convince the old guy that his old rusty beaver traps won't a good idea.

Thank you for your help and concerns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
518 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 52 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.