Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Man, Stinky knows how to f u c k up a rifle and scope.

Throwing them in a creek and bitch about how they don't shoot.

Like he's a real rifleman. Baaaahaaaaa. Poor stupid little mutt couldn't shoot his way out of a chithouse.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Oh here she comes with another cut n paste rhetoric.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Potsy
Stick,

You ran the exact numbers I’ve pondered but never took the 5 minutes to run. You prove my point, a .45-70 will kill way past my ability to SWAG on a duplex reticle, much less with any repeatability.
It’s almost weird that the drop at about 475 is exactly what my .22 BR drops at 1,000.
Your popping a 1-4 SWFA on a Marlin .45 Colt a while back got me to thinking along those lines.
Ideally, I’d love to find one of the Stainless Laminate #1’s and pop a SWFA 1-4 or even their straight 6 (got one on my AR and love it) on it.

The M8 held up on the .45-70 for a couple hundred rounds, so it should hold up on the Henry .45 Colt. It’s about as bright as looking through a toilet paper tube, but it beats the irons all hollow.

The 1.5-5 survived sight in, but never was hunted this year (not much got hunted period this year, which sucked), so unless it lost zero in the safe (I did have a Tasco that I swear to God would do that very thing)........

I've only got (1) 22BR and I'm pretty sure it's a fhuqking Krieger,though I hate 'em.(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It's a constant constant,to extrapolate drop/drift and either upscale or downscale as requisite. NOTHING begins to match Long Range Rimfire Pursuits. Hint.(grin)

Have had multiple Number Ones,but MUCHLY prefer B-78's(pistol grips). Hint.

I've heard of the Fixed 6x,but have never seen one. LAUGHING!..........................

Hoalie,

I rather enjoy your High Pitched Nasal Whine and Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,I've not set a NIB scope in NIB rings,upon a rifle that actually exists,since last night. Hint. LAUGHING!

Though I've not gunned Illumination,since today. Hint. LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". No fhuqking wonder you are glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,as you "live" vicariously. Hint. LAUGHING!

Purty High Zoot stuff you have there,but you couldn't knock the "new" offa used pair of boots by yourself. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your BEST though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

Are you not slightly nervous about publicly handling those rifles covered in electrical tape and nail polish? My first thought when I saw them- "here is a guy that enjoys dong in and around his mouth. He is probably just at the range to troll for fresh meat". I understand that there are clubs and bars for that sort of thing now. You don't have to make your rifles metrosexual anymore!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OAM

Are you not slightly nervous about publicly handling those rifles covered in electrical tape and nail polish? My first thought when I saw them- "here is a guy that enjoys dong in and around his mouth. He is probably just at the range to troll for fresh meat". I understand that there are clubs and bars for that sort of thing now. You don't have to make your rifles metrosexual anymore!

What he does with his own possessions is his business.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 1minute
Potsy:

The ladder tang sights on a Sharps are something else. Have a 45-90 and with a 37 inch long sight plain, one can do some accurate shooting that I never thought possible with irons.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thats precise, not "accurate". Unless you were meaning to shoot/hit 4" under the x ring of the bullseye. If so, carry on. Good shooting.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny how that authentic frontier gibberish didn't actually address how far back the ocular was on the lever gun he posted pics of. I mean, if it's so perfect, why is it mounted so much farther back than all the scopes on his other rifles?????

At least we got to hear, for the millionth time, about shooting long range with rimfires. I mean, how can that NOT be discussed in a thread started about scoping a large-bore, 15-150 yard hunting rig?!?!?!????

Another unoriginal, uninspired, copy-paste effort consisting of the exact same "insults" he's been using for over a decade.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that besides being a Whining CLUELESS Brokedick Dumbfhuqk,that you also just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. What were the "odds"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Now in "fairness",I was probably sandbagging when I mentioned in passing,bolting up NIB glass. Point being,there was likely more than one,if only to your Minimum Wage Chagrin. Hint. LAUGHING!

The first one puked. Hint.

LAUGHING!

The replacement,is just as equally schitty,yet lightyears beyond your "means". No erector scale,archaeic .15 cm "clicks" and whole numbers only align every (3) Mil's. Don't track for schit,"repeats" are funnier than fhuqk and I don't reckon zero retention having a "chance" either. Though now you can say you've "seen" a Garrow Hummer and that makes it a BIG Day for you. Google,as you MUST. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for being forced to "live" vicariously.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

BUM,

It's a HILARIOUS constant,that the only thing you can cite in the first hand,are your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You'd need a co-signer for the tape alone and a payment plan. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for the rollicking Vagina Monologue and the fact that your Crying Karen Routine,is assuredly no fhuqking "act".

Hint.

LAUGHING!.......................

STUART,

Do not swipe the "thunder" of her Imagination and Pretend,if only because it's all she's "got" and that would be mean. Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Hoalie,

Is this yet another "surprising" confession,that you are glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps some day,you'll gather enough pop cans to make a down payment on your first 22LR?!? Just kidding,THAT ain't in the fhuqking cards. Hint. LAUGHING!

If only to the chagrin of your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and the fact that a 2yr old,has wares that your "life" precludes you. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hopefully his Chickmunk don't tip you over too badly,as few things are funnier than a Couchbound Kchunt Melting Down yet again. Hint. LAUGHING!

I'll not even mention his Winny 63. Hint. LAUGHING!

Oooooooopsie!!!

HOPEFULLY,I didn't place a NIB 3-15x FFP MQ on an Anschutz 54 1717D HB at the same time,as that would be "awkward" for you to "handle" too. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for Whining aloud.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ugh, 1-6x is mostly a recent devwlopment with the current LPVO type of scopes. They may have existed in the past but i doubt there were many and nothing as to the number that are offered currently in todays market.

If you want a fixed 4x or 2x7 scope with a awful duplex type reticle theres optics still out there today available that are better than those vintage Leupolds everyone pines for and goes gaga over. Swift optics makes exactly what your looking for. Theres others like Konus that jave such simple optics.

Personally i prefer today smarter reticle designs or those old German #4 or Schmidt Bender style over the awful Duplex I had growing up and as a young guy. The stuff is still out there. It may not be stamped Leupold, Redfield, Burris, Nikon, or Weaver but theres still simple duplex set it and foeget it optics outnthere.

PA_Bob Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Dantheman
I have a Vortex Diamondback 1.75-5x32 on my 358 Win. I'm not going to tell you that it's the best glass on the market but it is great in the woods with a huge field of view and a nice heavy duplex reticle. Plenty bright too, no complaints there.

It doesn't have the edge to edge clarity of my Bushnell 4200's but I'm not aiming at the edges and don't notice it.

I basically set it on 3x and leave it there.

Dan

Thank you so much for one of the few sane replies. I hadn't looked at Vortex....that scope looks almost ideal. I have a 2-7 Burris FF II on my .358 BLR which is perfect for this gun, but no longer available. I am looking at getting a single shot Henry or lever 45-70 for the same general application, likely with cast boolits. When I go open sights, it is BP/ML flintlock.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by PA_Bob
Originally Posted by Dantheman
I have a Vortex Diamondback 1.75-5x32 on my 358 Win. I'm not going to tell you that it's the best glass on the market but it is great in the woods with a huge field of view and a nice heavy duplex reticle. Plenty bright too, no complaints there.

It doesn't have the edge to edge clarity of my Bushnell 4200's but I'm not aiming at the edges and don't notice it.

I basically set it on 3x and leave it there.

Dan

Thank you so much for one of the few sane replies. I hadn't looked at Vortex....that scope looks almost ideal. I have a 2-7 Burris FF II on my .358 BLR which is perfect for this gun, but no longer available. I am looking at getting a single shot Henry or lever 45-70 for the same general application, likely with cast boolits. When I go open sights, it is BP/ML flintlock.

To me levers don’t look right with anything but a straight tube scope. The VX Freedom 1-4x20 with the Pig Plex is interesting. I’m going to give one a try sooner or later. It is a curious combination of a BDC and No. 4 reticle that should work really well for fast shot in cover.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Make sure it can be mounted where/how it works for you to shoulder it and instantly have a good sight picture.

A Ranger Point Precision hammer extension made a big difference for me.

I tried a 1-4x Super Sniper and it sucked for me on that rifle.
The ocular was too far back with rings, and I didn't need/want a rail on that rifle, so as far forward as it would go was still waaaaay too far back.

Another good option could be a Vortex Razor HD 1.5-8x if you can find one. I've got a #4 type reticle in mine. Light, good glass.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good lord, if my boy bought, let alone dressed my grandson in pink, I’d sew his azzhole shut...

Last edited by Judman; 01/18/21.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
For Pa bob, I run this 1.75-6 on my rar 358.
Gotta leupold compact 4x on the blr 358, both bought here in the classifieds.
This 1.5-5 is down gettin Hydroprinted right now, some dummy thought it would be “cool” to sandblast and paint it, stock and scope are gettin kuiu verde treatment..

Out of those 3 I like the 1.75-6 the best

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Buy whatever make/model of scope that you have confidence in and that fits into your budget.

I consider myself to be "regular folk" and I've been using Leupold scopes for over 45 years without experiencing any failures. I currently have 62 of them installed on a variety of rifles that range from .22LR to .375H&H. I don't hunt after dark, under extreme conditions, or at extended ranges, so they have worked fine for me and my hunting venues. Good luck with whatever scope you choose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Post the pic of the bear and the Ingram knife.........

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Judman
For Pa bob, I run this 1.75-6 on my rar 358.

Gotta leupold compact 4x on the blr 358, both bought here in the classifieds.

This 1.5-5 is down gettin Hydroprinted right now, some dummy thought it would be “cool” to sandblast and paint it, stock and scope are gettin kuiu verde treatment..

Out of those 3 I like the 1.75-6 the best

In a weak moment I sold a VX-III 1.75-6x32 heavy duplex to a friend to replace the straight tubed Bushnell (I think) that had been on his Model 7 forever. He loves it on there.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My M70 358 wears the same Leupold 1.5-6X. Great combo.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I suspect that most regular folks scopes are using a Leupold of some flavor, likely a VX-1, Vx-2, or VX-3. No way to prove this but I see more Leupolds than any other brand among people who are not as obsessed with things as those on the "fire", after all they don't know that they can't be trusted to track, may fall apart any moment and are considered sub-par by the elitist. smirk smirk

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
How much does a typical general market, non-obsessive shoot in a year?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I just want to know if that was Big Twig in the pink suit?
That explains the posting style and content.

Last edited by Achigan1; 01/18/21.
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,640
Posts18,455,339
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.