24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My daughter didn't do well. It lasted 6 months and they were divorced. but, she is not lazy and is working hard to keep her and her daughter in a home and well fed. The son married well and is very successful. I have 3 grand kids and we get to see them often.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
BP-B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Seems we lucked out with sons...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Daughter married a sorry SOB, but he's turned into a heck of a son-in-law, husband, father, and good man! Full time major in the Nat Guard.
They are raising 4 good kids.
And no - I wasn't particularly biased about him, when they were dating - just told him I'd kill him if he hurt my daughter -
assuming she didn't beat me to the draw! (Pun intended!)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
None of our kids have married yet and our oldest is a 35 year old playboy. We haven't been blessed with any grandkids either. Maybe someday.

Life is good live it while you can.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Both have darn well in picking their spouse.

Have a son in law that is good with their sons and he likes to shoot.

My daughter in law likes to shoot as well with 1 son and 1 daughter.

Both in laws are RN's and know their stuff.

Plus i like them. grin

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son is 23. And if he asks, I’m gonna tell him to NOT get married. My daughters are 24 and 31. If they ask, I’m gonna tell them to NOT get married.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Two out of three so far. Oldest is divorced from a worthless POS. Unfortunately, they have a child together, so she'll never be rid of him altogether.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My daughter in law is a RN and completed her master's in health car administration ay 30 years old . Great work ethic and sweet girl but she cant cook .

I told my son many times its hard to find a girl like mom .

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Our son married a great girl. Three months after they married he was diagnosed with leukemia. She stood by him the whole time. Through the chemotherapy and into remission. When it came back she was by his side for the stem cell transplant and once again into remission. They had three years after the second bout before it came back. Then it was so aggressive he only had five weeks from finding it returned to when he passed. She was by his side, unwaveringly until his last breath. Yeah. We did well in the DIL lottery.

She has since remarried to a guy we really like. They have a child whom we consider our grandson. There will always be a place in our hearts for her.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
My youngest daughter married a great guy, he's a LEO and Eagle Scout. He treats he like a princess, only married this past November they're building their first house. Expect grandchildren soon after they move in. Oldest daughter is a CPA and has been dating a guy who is studying to be an accountant, she has owned her own home for a couple of years now. I expect them to be getting married in the near future.

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My son is five months old - this thread is stressing me out! I can't imagine watching a kid go through serious marriage trouble.

I'm also wondering what my father in law would write if he was on this forum...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mart
Our son married a great girl. Three months after they married he was diagnosed with leukemia. She stood by him the whole time. Through the chemotherapy and into remission. When it came back she was by his side for the stem cell transplant and once again into remission. They had three years after the second bout before it came back. Then it was so aggressive he only had five weeks from finding it returned to when he passed. She was by his side, unwaveringly until his last breath. Yeah. We did well in the DIL lottery.

She has since remarried to a guy we really like. They have a child whom we consider our grandson. There will always be a place in our hearts for her.

My heart breaks for you on the loss of your son, but glad you are finding happiness in a grandchild and staying close to your daughter in law.

I have two DIL's. Both are stay at home Moms and raising my grandchildren. Don't always agree with their ways but try to keep my mouth shut.

My one son in law is a captain in the Fire Department and he can hardly start a fire out camping. Go figure that.

But I've got their boy (grandson) under my wing now teaching him all the important things like how to tie a palomar knot, whittle a stick, throw a baitcaster, and shoot a gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, they sure did. It was my wife that didn't do so well.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by mart

My heart breaks for you on the loss of your son, but glad you are finding happiness in a grandchild and staying close to your daughter in law.

I have two DIL's. Both are stay at home Moms and raising my grandchildren. Don't always agree with their ways but try to keep my mouth shut.

My one son in law is a captain in the Fire Department and he can hardly start a fire out camping. Go figure that.

But I've got their boy (grandson) under my wing now teaching him all the important things like how to tie a palomar knot, whittle a stick, throw a baitcaster, and shoot a gun.

Thank you. It's been a little over nine years now. Seems like both yesterday and a lifetime ago. I am ashamed to admit I had to google Palomar Knot.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My son had a difficult start, he married young but got hit with adult onset type 2 diabetes and cancer right out of the starting gate. Apparently that wasn’t what she signed up for and she left. Got back with her high school boyfriend. But a year after my son and her got married they did have a little girl together before the break-up.

My own 20 year marriage was failing at that time (nothing I wanted) and all of the grandparenting duties on our side fell upon me. The other set of grandparents are good people and my son’s Ex has never used access to the child as a weapon, custody was split almost evenly, my job has been to remain on good terms with everyone involved for the sake of the child.

Ten years later my son is in a stable relationship with a decent woman but doesn’t want to marry again, she does not want children but they spend a great deal of time looking after her niece, who has become a de-facto little sister to my granddaughter.

Things didn’t work out for my son’s Ex with the guy she left my son for, largely due to the deficiencies in his character. She recently bought a house and I’ve been helping her move along with her mom and brother. I actually feel bad for her, she wasn’t planning on being alone in her thirties.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
No, and my wife and I legally took possession of our grandson when he was just over 1 year old. Both of his parents are disasters, I am so very sorry to say. I make no excuses for them. Grandson will be 7 next month. I'm 65, wife 55. I have been blessed with a chance to get this one right. We've just got to live long enough to see that he gets a good start in life, somehow.

The oldest daughter, actually my step-daughter, was not quite a year old when I married her mother. Her first husband had left her (my now wife) when she was pregnant. This daughter has turned out quite well and I am very pleased with her. She and her husband are very well educated and employed with a bright future. They have two children now.

Why the dramatic difference in the two? I have asked myself this question countless times, and I have no answer other than possibly genetic. It is what it is. Not what Daddy had envisioned. In the mean time, this little fellow needs us and we are doing all that we can to get him prepared for a good life.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by CCCC
Yes, they sure did. It was my wife that didn't do so well.

This,
Both my children married exceptional others - both found their soul mate.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My have so far chosen not to marry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we have twins and i must say both turned out great. they learned at a early age that they must work for what they want. one married a guy she worked with that turned out to be a POS. divorce in a year and a half with trying to kill him a few times. the other married a good guy a few years ago and i think they were meant for each other. both are doing well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Daughter waited until she was mid thirties to marry. Got her education, career in full swing. Married a fine man, and have two wonderful children. Both work hard, invest well, have a ton of money and are very happy and focused.
My lad did not marry until he was 48. His wife is younger, very attractive, educated and a hard driver. They own two very successful businesses. One three year old daughter.
I am most pleased with both my children.

Sam......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,801 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.