Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
gaslighting.

Already getting tired of hearing it. Thrown around like a bride shows off the rock. Americans are so susceptible to suggestion. No wonder we're easy to rule.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Im getting tired of boomers thinking that is a new word

There was a 1940s movie

Sheesh
Hold into the gas!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
People are great at latching onto a new word and acting like they have been familiar with it all their lives. This seems to be especially true of foods.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Nor a new word. It has just been used a lot lately.

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
It's definitely a fancy word for "lying"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Im getting tired of boomers thinking that is a new word

There was a 1940s movie

Sheesh
Hold into the gas!

It’s not new to me, and definitely a boomer.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting Gaslighting

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can’t say that I’ve heard “gaslighting” all that often, but the one lately that is driving me up the wall is “right”. Someone that keeps hanging “right” at the end of every statement sounds like one of those valley girls with a raised inflection. I want to yell out no, wrong, you are the one giving the presentation. “The correct spawning temperature of the yellow perch is 57 degrees F. right? How the hell should I know, you are the expert...Right? Are they that unsure of themselves that they need some kind of audience affirmation every time they complete a sentence?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
People are great at latching onto a new word and acting like they have been familiar with it all their lives. This seems to be especially true of foods.

I've been using 'McRib' since the 80's.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump Insurrection is wearing thin.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Windfall
Can’t say that I’ve heard “gaslighting” all that often, but the one lately that is driving me up the wall is “right”. Someone that keeps hanging “right” at the end of every statement sounds like one of those valley girls with a raised inflection. I want to yell out no, wrong, you are the one giving the presentation. “The correct spawning temperature of the yellow perch is 57 degrees F. right? How the hell should I know, you are the expert...Right? Are they that unsure of themselves that they need some kind of audience affirmation every time they complete a sentence?

Or beginning a sentence with "So..."
Not a new word, just overuse of an old one.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Combine "right" with upspeak and you got the makings of nails on a chalkboard for me. Just want to kick someones azz after having to endure a conversation with that combo.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'll take "right" over "LIKE" any time and twice on Sundays.. Dang - young women can't speak a sentence without the word "like" every 2-3 words... One bartender around here a year+ ago was so bad we got to refer to her as "like-llike"...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I get tired of people who cannot speak or write even one sentence without dropping an "f'" bomb.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jnyork
I get tired of people who cannot speak or write even one sentence without dropping an "f'" bomb.

That makes two of us, and it has become so prevalent in the past couple of years. It has spread out from the 'hood to middle America, you hear it from people you'd think would have more class, and in inappropriate places.

Last edited by JeffyD; 01/18/21.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Same same with "Okay?" okay? grin Continuous in many lecturers' presentations.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Back in the day, we used to do a lot of gaslighting in the dark. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 57 invisible), 3,274 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,301
Posts18,468,064
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.