Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
kennyd Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
I just ran across a preview of News of the World with Hanks loading a brass shell with dimes. I really wish that would die. I saw some tv thing where they tried it--worked like you would expect, short range, blown pattern, not to mention the cost.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Worst fugging movie I’ve ever seen. Save your time and money.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There was a scene in the Sam Peckinpah Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid where Kris Kristofferson killed the guy outside the jailhouse with that. I know it's bogus. But I liked the follow-up line: "Keep the change."

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
There was a scene in the Sam Peckinpah Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid where Kris Kristofferson killed the guy outside the jailhouse with that. I know it's bogus. But I liked the follow-up line: "Keep the change."

Emilio Estevez did the same in “Young Guns”.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kennyd
I just ran across a preview of News of the World with Hanks loading a brass shell with dimes. I really wish that would die. I saw some tv thing where they tried it--worked like you would expect, short range, blown pattern, not to mention the cost.

Those dimes were silver, so heavier than modern dimes. Might make a small difference. If that's all you have, it would be a lot better than nothing.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Worst fugging movie I’ve ever seen. Save your time and money.

I wasn't impressed with the trailer I watched. Should be free on Prime within a year.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Movies are most often FOS when it comes to firearms realism.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

"Best dollar eighty I ever spent, Bob"

Your life is made up of two dates and a dash, Make the most of the dash.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Brokenarrow

Emilio giggled too. Nice touch.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman

Are you telling me Deathwish isn't realistic.Bad guys get shot with .32 s&w, and they fly back 5ft.

Romans 5:1
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
One of the worst movies I've ever seen was Pekinpah's Billy the Kid. Now, Young Guns, was well done and entertaining. Estevez nailed it as Billy. The "actors" in Pekinpah's were terrible all the way around.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

Are you telling me Deathwish isn't realistic.Bad guys get shot with .32 s&w, and they fly back 5ft.

It would take at least a 38 Special for that. grin

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I thought it was an excellent movie. Earlier I read the book. The author is an expert in Texas history but doesn't know a lot about firearms.

Hanks had some shotgun ammo with birdshot and the little girl ran and got the coins. They dumped out the birdshot and loaded the dimes. In the book, IIRC, the shotgun was 20 gauge and they were trying to kill the bad guys at 200 yards with the dimes. Dimes probably won't fit in 20 gauge. That was the only unrealistic part, except for Hanks briefly extracting spent cases from an 1860 Army.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

It was actual buckshot. The sheriff was just telling him how much those shells cost.

He went over yonder way
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

It was actual buckshot. The sheriff was just telling him how much those shells cost.

Okay, my memory sucks. I’m wrong.

He went over yonder way
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by test1328
One of the worst movies I've ever seen was Pekinpah's Billy the Kid. Now, Young Guns, was well done and entertaining. Estevez nailed it as Billy. The "actors" in Pekinpah's were terrible all the way around.

I agree. I just liked that one line. Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, the Wild Bunch, and The Getaway were all good though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A video from Paul....

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Today, loading up a shell with dimes would probably be cheaper than some of the boutique non-toxic factory loads. What was supposed to be the point of loading up a shell with dimes?

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Most writers, directors, actors, and producers know virtually nothing about firearms, other than they go "Bang!," and in real life, should be confiscated from the unwashed worker peasants. There are a few who are knowledgeable but damned few. That's the way it is in Hollywood.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,453,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.