U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by shortleade
No. They all live in Macon now.

Lol.

Maconga. Grew up in rural South where poor folks of all shades got along. Urban Georgia blacks are something else.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by jdollar
Africans are so backward and lazy that a lot of black women are eaten by crocodiles, when they could be saved by spending a bit of effort, but it’s to much trouble.

Just curious, have you been to Africa?

No, but I have read enough to know what I’m talking about.

It’s a fact that many African women are killed by crocodiles when getting water.

It’s also a fact that it would be easy to set up a water supply were women won’t be eaten by crocodiles.

It’s only laziness and lack of caring that allows these senseless deaths to continue.

I’ve stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but it doesn’t make me an expert on things I have no direct knowledge of. Yes a lot of Africans are killed by crocodiles. So please explain how it is easy to set up a water source in a village 2 miles from a river or lake. Since there is never government money to drill boreholes, villagers HAVE to go to rivers for water or have their village built on the riverbanks. It has nothing to do with laziness. I’ve hunted crocs twice in Mozambique and once in Zim. Trust me, if it was easy to access water away from a river or lake, the locals would do it in a heartbeat, as a lot of the croc victims are children. Your response is simply racist stupidity.......

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just ask'n, but why don't they build their village close to where there is water?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
That’s exactly what they do and exactly why so many are taken by crocs. The poster essentially stated that they were too lazy to develop a way to get water away from rivers and lakes. That is simply impossible and shows a lack of knowledge of on the ground, real world experience.

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Africans are so backward and lazy that a lot of black women are eaten by crocodiles, when they could be saved by spending a bit of effort, but it’s to much trouble.

Actually that's not the reason. There is a belief that crocodiles that attack people are sort of reptilian were-wolves. Witch doctors transform themselves into crocs to get even with people who have harmed them. Now if I have never offended a witch doctor, the were-croc would not want to get me, right? If the croc gets me after all, why then everyone knows I was lying about not harming the witch doctor.

BTW: "spirit medium" is a better translation than "witch doctor."

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Black people in Africa?

Really?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Not sure......never been there.

But, I'd give it a "definite maybe".....

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think most of the people there are foreigners.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Actually that's not the reason. There is a belief that crocodiles that attack people are sort of reptilian were-wolves. Witch doctors transform themselves into crocs to get even with people who have harmed them. Now if I have never offended a witch doctor, the were-croc would not want to get me, right? If the croc gets me after all, why then everyone knows I was lying about not harming the witch doctor.

BTW: "spirit medium" is a better translation than "witch doctor."

And if you think that such beliefs are ignorant and primitive, just think about all the people in the US who believe in horoscopes and astrology.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was in Cameroon in 1998 and there were black people there, oh my oh my. In fact, I ran into people who had never seen a white guy or anyone who was as old as I was then. Cameroon has over 230 languages. If they can make it to school the government teaches them French in most of the the country, except the north where they are taught English. But schooling is way out of the money income level for most. Surprisingly they stay black even after they learn English or French.

The tribe I was most associated with was the Bya (or Bia?) tribe their land borders the Central Africa Republic. Their language had a little over 500 words in it. Most of the Bya people could speak at least one other local language.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I spent 2008 in Tanzania, and I wasn't in a touristy area. There were still plenty of white people around. Missionaries, random people who'd moved there to live cheaply, and also tourists who wanted to get off the beaten path. If you went to one of the national parks or close to Mt Kilimanjaro, you saw tons of white people. Tanzania is full of beautiful places that are not full of tourists, though, and if you ever visit it is worth getting off the beaten path and finding the out-of-the-way areas. Lots of hospitable, kind, resourceful people.

In 2010 I was in Burkina Faso. Outside of the capital city you did not find hardly any white people. It's not the kind of place I'd visit as a tourist - there's just not much to see there. The interesting thing was that Burkina Faso had a reputation for being a safe place with less corruption than other African countries. I was never pressured for a bribe. It was said that a white woman could walk alone through the streets of the capital and be safe.

Unfortunately things have changed and there is now an active Islamic terrorist movement in many parts of the country. I still believe that the people there are for the most part very good and honest - I would trust a used car salesman in Burkina Faso 10 times more than one here in the US!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

It’s a fact that many African women are killed by crocodiles when getting water.

It’s also a fact that it would be easy to set up a water supply were women won’t be eaten by crocodiles.

It’s only laziness and lack of caring that allows these senseless deaths to continue.

I’ve stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but it doesn’t make me an expert on things I have no direct knowledge of. Yes a lot of Africans are killed by crocodiles. So please explain how it is easy to set up a water source in a village 2 miles from a river or lake. Since there is never government money to drill boreholes, villagers HAVE to go to rivers for water or have their village built on the riverbanks. It has nothing to do with laziness. I’ve hunted crocs twice in Mozambique and once in Zim. Trust me, if it was easy to access water away from a river or lake, the locals would do it in a heartbeat, as a lot of the croc victims are children. Your response is simply racist stupidity.......

So, let’s say it was 1817 at an isolated settlement somewhere in the US south and instead of crocodiles it was a river full of alligators that would take the occasional woman who went down to the river to wash clothes. No government help anywhere to be had. So, how long do you think it would have taken for them to dig a well away from the river by hand and/or exterminate every single alligator within ten miles of that settlement?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

What does going to Africa have to do with ugly women and blind crocodiles? Have you seen those women? Most of the men didn’t miss the wife as much as they did the water they usually brought home.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
No surprise, I guess, that stupidity and racism is alive and well here, especially from those who have no firsthand knowledge of the actual, on- the ground situation. For example, are you going to dig a well by hand if the water table is 200’ down? Are you going to kill every croc within 10 miles from a dugout canoe with a spear- hint, firearms are illegal for villagers in most countries. Simple first world solutions don’t work in third world countries. And the stupid blind croc/ ugly women just proves my point.....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
No surprise, I guess, that stupidity and racism is alive and well here, especially from those who have no firsthand knowledge of the actual, on- the ground situation. For example, are you going to dig a well by hand if the water table is 200’ down? Are you going to kill every croc within 10 miles from a dugout canoe with a spear- hint, firearms are illegal for villagers in most countries. Simple first world solutions don’t work in third world countries. And the stupid blind croc/ ugly women just proves my point.....

So you have been here 4 years and are still thinking you will find facts on the Campfire?

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Certainly not from you......

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Certainly not from you......

You are delusional if you think this site is full of facts. You won’t be able to name one member that tells the truth most of the time.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
It has zero to do with facts. It has everything to do with racism as espoused by you and others. Of course, now you will tell me you were just kidding, right??

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It has zero to do with facts. It has everything to do with racism as espoused by you and others. Of course, now you will tell me you were just kidding, right??

Wow, you must have been a handful on the playground during recess.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
105 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,388 guests, and 664 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.