Print Thread
Hop To
C
CBB15 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Anyone have any experience? I just came across a couple hundred bullets. Never ran them and they seem like a good bullet.

Have RL22, 4831, 4350, 4451, Magpro, RL17, and a little RL19.

Last edited by CBB15; 01/18/21.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been putting them through my hunting partners Browning 280. He loves them on paper. Hasn't shot any game with them yet. Using IMR 4831.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Being bonded they are a tough bullet. These bullets have a thick jacket the further it goes back, which really controls expansion. I shot the 139 gr interbond several years back in my 280. I used RL-22 at the time. They shot really well and killed every deer I shot at but wound channels were narrow and damage was mild to moderate. I can only imagine that the 154 gr will only exacerbate this more. Good luck.

Last edited by Highoctane; 01/19/21.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I used 130gn & 150gn Interbonds in my 270WSM & 308 when they were first introduced 16 or 17 years ago. Accuracy was terrible in both cartridges so I never used them again. These days if I want to use a bullet with a bonded core Nosler Accubonds are my first choice.

C
CBB15 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
What was your velocity?

Originally Posted by Highoctane
Being bonded they are a tough bullet. These bullets have a thick jacket the further it goes back, which really controls expansion. I shot the 139 gr interbond several years back in my 280. I used RL-22 at the time. They shot really well and killed every deer I shot at but wound channels were narrow and damage was mild to moderate. I can only imagine that the 154 gr will only exacerbate this more. Good luck.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Been using them for over 40 years elk, bears and a train car load of deer.....last year shot a large 8 point dressed out at 210 lbs....was chasing a doe hard quartering away 150 yards .....caught liver found in opposite side in neck dropped at the shot....bullet weighted 127 gr. nothing but lung soup....
You keep them off the shoulder just behind minimal blood shot meat ....
Used the 139 gr. a couple years to much blood shot meat....do work good on antelope....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
They are now what my brother prefers for his 280's, after going through several "premium" and "non-premium" bullets over the years. He likes R-19. His guns shoot them VERY well, but then they shoot many bullets VERY well.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dingo

I used 130gn & 150gn Interbonds in my 270WSM & 308 when they were first introduced 16 or 17 years ago. Accuracy was terrible in both cartridges so I never used them again. These days if I want to use a bullet with a bonded core Nosler Accubonds are my first choice.

Same here. I've shot quite a few 130s in 270 and the 154 in my 280 and was tough getting them to shoot well. I ended up using Accubonds as well, which were much easier to get to shoot well for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I shoot 154 Interlocks (and 165 Gr interlocks) in my 280. IMR4350 is used in the most accurate load I have shot so far. Not tried the interbond bullets.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
They may work great for you and I hope they do. I have a very accurate 7mm that will shoot any bullet but the interbond. Steve Hornady told me himself that he could never get the interbond to shoot in his 280. Growing up You could depend on Hornady quality for performance. Do yourself a favor and do a Google search on some of their newer bullets the last few years. Unfortunately like so many great American companies they became too corporate and put out too many inferior products. I could tell several horror stories hunting dangerous game with them and Hornady did nothing to remedy the situation but you will find them yourself if you do a search. Sad, for me once Hornady was the gold standard and great American success story. I wish I was wrong. Good Luck

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Texson2
They may work great for you and I hope they do. I have a very accurate 7mm that will shoot any bullet but the interbond. Steve Hornady told me himself that he could never get the interbond to shoot in his 280. Growing up You could depend on Hornady quality for performance. Do yourself a favor and do a Google search on some of their newer bullets the last few years. Unfortunately like so many great American companies they became too corporate and put out too many inferior products. I could tell several horror stories hunting dangerous game with them and Hornady did nothing to remedy the situation but you will find them yourself if you do a search. Sad, for me once Hornady was the gold standard and great American success story. I wish I was wrong. Good Luck

My 280 shot the 139 gr Interbond really well. Just under an inch at 100 yds. Ive always had good success with Hornady bullets. Matter of fact I use the 154 gr SST in my 280 now. Awesome bullet IMO.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The 140s in 270 have been excellent. I think I am shooting the 140 Accubond in my 280 AI and it has been good too.

I am not sure what Texson2 is alluding too but for me at least in the 375 the standard Hornadays are reserved for deer and hogs, I have not used the DG bullets and don't think I will now. Barnes, Swift and Noslers are plenty good for those uses.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Forgive me fellows. I grew up as Hornady being the gold standard. Don’t take my word for it, do a search and homework. Mind boggling, that many people and real life experiences can’t be wrong. I learned the hard way and fortunate to be alive. Too many better options out there. Just trying to help.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Texson2
Forgive me fellows. I grew up as Hornady being the gold standard. Don’t take my word for it, do a search and homework. Mind boggling, that many people and real life experiences can’t be wrong. I learned the hard way and fortunate to be alive. Too many better options out there. Just trying to help.

I don't hunt dangerous game so their line of bullets designed for that doesn't get a moment of consideration from me. However, anyone can "google" bad experiences on just about anything and get a myriad of "bad reviews". Sorry you have had the issues you've had but there's many thousands upon thousands of satisfied Hornady bullet users as well.

C
CBB15 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Well I played with them yesterday starting with fairly basic loads of H4350 at 3.30 OAL (.10 off). Quick test from 52.1 grains - 53 grains.
The groups ranged from about .5" to 1.25' @ 100yards with a node around 52.7gn. They should be in the mid 2800s but I didn't shoot over a chrony. I am going to play with them some more and run them over the magneto.

I will go shoot a couple hogs soon to see how they perform. We will see...

Attached Images
280 Interbonds_reduced.jpg (8.78 KB, 49 downloads)
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Please keep us posted! I bought some also and plan to try them in a 7-08. Would have by now but still have other loads with 120 TTSX to use up.

The 120 loads ended up grouping well but a good 12" away from where my old 140 Partition loads did, so I haven't even tried them.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I shot a few deer with the 139gr Interbond out of my 7mag and 7STW.I have some 154gr too but never shot anything with them.I will say they are a very hard,tough bullet.The first deer I shot was with my 7mag.I was running them around 3200fps.I shot the deer about 125yds through the ribs/lungs leaving a fifty cent piece exit hole,no blood,ran about 50yds.Grass and weeds were tall where it ran and it took me a while to find it because it just didn't leave any blood,but I found it.It left a rather small wound channel because it's a thick jacket bonded bullet.Shot a few more deer with them running them as fast as 3450fps out of my 7STW shooting through both front shoulder.Wound channels through the shoulders were not excessive,none traveled more than 20yds,light blood trails on them.I shot a few deer,a nilgia and a cow elk with the 165gr Interbond out of my 300WSM and 300Win Mag.They seemed to work really well out of the 300 magnums none traveled more than 30yds with decent blood trails.However I shot one with my 308 Win,shot entered front shoulder,exited right behind offside front shoulder.Deer ran about a 100yds,no blood trail.All the bullets did exit on everything I shot,but I like the Nosler Ballistic Tips for quicker kills.They make a little bigger wound channel where bonded bullets do what they are supposed to do,stay together and retain more weight.That usually also ends up being a smaller wound channel and probably less blood.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,455
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.