Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I saved up for a few months for a new scuba diving computer. I ordered it off a web site that took Paypal. The same day the order was cancelled because it was no longer available. The reseller refunded my money in full. This is an expensive item, costing $1234. Paypal received the full refund from the merchant but then, I noticed they only credited my credit card $1121. I was like, "okay, where's my missing $113???"

I get on a chat with Paypal and after waiting 3 hours for a reply, it goes something like this... "I completely understand YOUR CONFUSION on this matter..." Umm, my confusion? No, there's no confusion, Paypal is skimming $113 off a cancelled transaction. She said it was a transaction fee. I asked, "you mean a transaction fee on the thing I never actually received and was never actually shipped?"

Haven't seen a reply. It's been another 3 hours now. One of my friends said they are no longer removing transaction fees for cancelled orders. So, think about this for a second. You can order something, never receive it. It wasn't lost in shipping, in fact, it never was even shipped to you. And you can lose hundreds of dollars, depending on the price of the item.

WTF can I do about this guys? Seriously, this is complete garbage, and they know it. So now, I have to waste hours or days of my personal time, arguing with a tech company, run by multimillionaires, over $113?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you seen the new Egay policy? Something is definitely fishy. They are no longer allow payments to go to PayPal and want your SSN and want a linked bank account. As a 20 year member im feeling uneasy about all this

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
You eventually pay them with your card. Take it up with your bank. Those bastards are thieves of the highest order. Why anyone would put money in the pocket of those companies that are anti gun and opposed to conservative Americans right to free speech is beyond me. Is this news to anyone that these companies are the enemy?

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
PayPal from a Google search - If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account.

So the seller would need to refund the fee, but may have deducted from the refund to you. Did you see if the seller refunded the total amount paid back to you? Or did they short the refund?

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The credit card company almost always comes down on the side of the customer, in my experience.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I saved up for a few months for a new scuba diving computer. I ordered it off a web site that took Paypal. The same day the order was cancelled because it was no longer available. The reseller refunded my money in full. This is an expensive item, costing $1234. Paypal received the full refund from the merchant but then, I noticed they only credited my credit card $1121. I was like, "okay, where's my missing $113???"

I get on a chat with Paypal and after waiting 3 hours for a reply, it goes something like this... "I completely understand YOUR CONFUSION on this matter..." Umm, my confusion? No, there's no confusion, Paypal is skimming $113 off a cancelled transaction. She said it was a transaction fee. I asked, "you mean a transaction fee on the thing I never actually received and was never actually shipped?"

Haven't seen a reply. It's been another 3 hours now. One of my friends said they are no longer removing transaction fees for cancelled orders. So, think about this for a second. You can order something, never receive it. It wasn't lost in shipping, in fact, it never was even shipped to you. And you can lose hundreds of dollars, depending on the price of the item.

WTF can I do about this guys? Seriously, this is complete garbage, and they know it. So now, I have to waste hours or days of my personal time, arguing with a tech company, run by multimillionaires, over $113?
Small claims court, and never use PayPal again. That's just stealing.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Only thing I let paypal have is my CC number, Any money that comes in through there is immediately transferred to my credit union. I only accept paypal when selling on Ebay.

Was this put on a credit card Jake? If so you can you can let the CC Company help fight them.

Last edited by 12344mag; 01/18/21.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MARCEL
Have you seen the new Egay policy? Something is definitely fishy. They are no longer allow payments to go to PayPal and want your SSN and want a linked bank account. As a 20 year member im feeling uneasy about all this

I just sold something on eBay, and was paid via PayPal. This was just last week.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vacrt2002
PayPal from a Google search - If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account.

So the seller would need to refund the fee, but may have deducted from the refund to you. Did you see if the seller refunded the total amount paid back to you? Or did they short the refund?

No, that's just it. I contacted the seller, he's a good guy with a good reputation imo. He refunded the full amount to my Paypal account. It was Paypal that skimmed the $113 and put that much less on my credit card account.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Evidently this policy is not in effect for all ebayers. I have bought several items via paypal on ebay in the past few days.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As Billy Klinton would say, "I feel your pain."

I was going to make a purchase, but was required to use PayPal. After reading the terms, I declined because I've even had problems with credit cards like this . Then you have to talk to some gal in the Philippines reading a script and basically telling you.
"Tuff luk sukka."
I wish I had a good answer.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vacrt2002

No, that's just it. I contacted the seller, he's a good guy with a good reputation imo. He refunded the full amount to my Paypal account. It was Paypal that skimmed the $113 and put that much less on my credit card account.

In other words, if you look at my Paypal transactions, you see a credit from the seller for the full amount. If you look at the amount Paypal put in my credit card account, it was $113 short.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Evidently this policy is not in effect for all ebayers. I have bought several items via paypal on ebay in the past few days.

I'm wondering about this because I have about 8 items on eBay right now that are setup for Paypal. But they have been posted for about 3 weeks now so I don't know if they are grandfathered in?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Only thing I let paypal have is my CC number, Any money that comes in through there is immediately transferred to my credit union. I only accept paypal when selling on Ebay.

Was this put on a credit card Jake? If so you can you can let the CC Company help fight them.

Yeah, I think I am like you. I just use Paypal as a front end to my credit card really. I use Paypal, and they charge it to my card and vice versa. But in this case, the full amount was refunded to Paypal, but they skimmed off $113 before sending the remainder to the credit card account.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I won’t use PayPal. Either the seller accepts a different form of payment or I buy it elsewhere.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I won’t use PayPal. Either the seller accepts a different form of payment or I buy it elsewhere.

I get your opinion, but the merit to something like Paypal is that your credit card info is shielded from potentially 100s of online and brick and mortar merchants. And honestly, I've been suing Paypal for over a decade and never had an issue. I have no idea why they are trying to pull this stunt. Seriously, if they go through with this, I will make it my online mission to post the story on every forum and consumer advocacy site I can find and they will lose 1,000 times this $113. Which is still a rounding error for them, but a complete waste nonetheless.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Yeah, I think I am like you. I just use Paypal as a front end to my credit card really. I use Paypal, and they charge it to my card and vice versa. But in this case, the full amount was refunded to Paypal, but they skimmed off $113 before sending the remainder to the credit card account.

Report that to your cc. I had a problem with PayPal double billing me and claiming I got two of something. The cc company chuckled and said, yeah we deal with this all the time. Cc co reversed the change. Screw you paypal. Also, NEVER leave a balance in your paypal account either. They can take it you have zero recourse.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
But in this case, the full amount was refunded to Paypal, but they skimmed off $113 before sending the remainder to the credit card account.

I'd get with the credit card company and let them handle it.

Good Luck.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
But in this case, the full amount was refunded to Paypal, but they skimmed off $113 before sending the remainder to the credit card account.

I'd get with the credit card company and let them handle it.

Good Luck.

Sounds like the best plan.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I got rid of pay-pal 2 years ago because of their crap..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
257 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,705 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,932
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.