Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
This was the original idea of Jeff Bezos.

Concerned that it might be a little over reaching and a bit of the monarchy that he seeks they change the name later to a lesser company called amazon.com

Please feel free to Google

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
We are currently in a war between walmart.com and amazon.com.

Although I hate with a core of my soul Walmart I hate their enemy even more.

Spend $35 and you could have Walmart deliver Pop-Tarts to your door in 2 days for a dollar and half

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Both suck

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both are china products.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Had to buy a cheap TV last minute a couple weeks ago so I went to a nearby Walmart. First time I’d been in there in 3-4 years.
I don’t see the draw.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yea they are pretty strong in NOVA , a lot of locations in Gainesville . A few years ago when they first reared their head we had a job reconducting a line off Balls Ford rd to a small distribution warehouse .
We were changing out poles in front of it when this Kenny Rodgers looking guy comes out and stands there with arms crossed watching us , goes back into building several times and each timereturns with same pose.
We were wondering what his deal was when he finally spoke and asked us what we were doing . With a load of poles on a pole trailer setting behind a Derrick truck , you would think it obvious .
I told him and he says , you don't have permission to be here. So now I am convinced he is a wanna be somebody so I ignored him and went about business. He is obviously flustered an still holding pose repeats his self . I told him , we are re conducting this line for Amazon . His mouth drops open and says what Amazon ?
I'm puzzled because I just watched him come and go from the building a couple times .
I asked is something wrong ? He says yes you are on our property . I said no sir we are on a public street doing a job for Novec . He insist we aren't supposed to be there and I go to the truck and retrieve our as built and show him the street layout and explain again why we are there and if there's a pro elm he needs to contact Novec .
He says , this is not Amazon . So now I'm thinking he is some kind of flake for sure .So I smile a d tell him that is what it says on our as builds . He gets really flustered and says ,this is a candy warehouse . Now I'm tired of His B.S. and tell him , look I told you if there's a problem , contact Novec and I am getting passed my foreman is still in his pickup mashing his nuts . So I said hold on a minute . I walked over and told the foreman you need to come talk to this guy . So finally he lets his nuts get some air and walks over . I went about my business and soon there is a Novec bird dog there and waving of hands . Bird dog comes over and tells us go ahead and to not mind them . So from that point on there are one to two people watching us constantly . Plus cameras all over the building .
I thought maybe it was some govt shiet using Amazon as a cover . But it turned out to be Amazon . Heard somebody that one building had an electric bill of a million a month . There is more to the story but I type like a chicken plucking .
We built several more very expensive lines over the next couple years to several other new locations .security arou d those places subtly resembled a maximum security prison .
Kenneth

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dang that whole lotta wal mart talk

Good thing I haven’t stepped foot in one in over 30 years. I deserve a curmudgeon braggart medal for that.

I do all my tradin at Sally’s Busy-Bee, pickled okra and fat back is all we need. Only come to town bout twice’t a year. Just me and SaddleFred-Bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Good thing I haven’t stepped foot in one in over 30 years. I deserve a curmudgeon braggart medal for that.

I do all my tradin at Sally’s Busy-Bee, pickled okra and fat back is all we need. Only come to town bout twice’t a year. Just me and SaddleFred-Bob

Yup.

Get all my veggies from the colored man selling out the back of his truck @ the Smoke ‘n Run gas station.

Got no scales. Sells by the basket. 😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Kenneth66, data centers. HUGE data centers. You go down PW Pkwy from 66 and they are popping up almost as fast as townhomes. And if you that is bad, go to Loudoun county. And talk about electricity, when you see one of these data centers and down the length of one side, there is backup generators side by side the whole length, that's a lot of backup power. It's amazing. In my mind, it just proves there is nothing private, somebody has a copy of everything.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by slumlord

Yup.

Get all my veggies from the colored man selling out the back of his truck @ the Smoke ‘n Run gas station.

Got no scales. Sells by the basket. 😂

Yep, he parks in the church lot just down from the DG, everything a body needs right there......

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,740
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.