-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have fired a factory round in 40 years except 22’s. I’m good on components for a while, could use some Barnes 338, 160 gr TTSX

GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I don't understand why anyone would shoot factory ammo anyway. Reload.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

The only "factory" ammo I shoot is mil-surplus, shotgun, and 22. The only factory centerfire rifle ammo I've shot in years was a box of Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor, and that was just to use as a check to see how accurate my reloads were...........and they were more accurate than the factory.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
I had my barrel shortened on my m96

Need to do a complete work up. New loads, maybe even different powder. I had “alot” cut off of it. 😐

Might have been a misunderstanding between be and my gunwizard.

Bwahahahahaha!

Alot!

Biggest fugging hack job I ever seen ....
And fugging corrected.
Aint the 1st time I corrected a " smithy,s work"

Amazing what is passed off as professional work.

Not just around here .
But over the entire country.

Last edited by renegade50; 01/18/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If everyone would up their prices similarly, the shortages and panic would be over much sooner.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I racked up that Blue Box Bubba Federal

Walmart, clearance 11.99 for 243,308, or Bubba chamberings

Then a $5 per box rebate

Yee doggies!!!

I needed tires for my truck that day and said “self, you can get tires any day”

I went grabbed one of them walmart walnut weatherbys in 243 just because of all that 243.

I have no idea how it shoots. The rifle and blue box lost on the black hole of that spare bedroom. 👍

Those Federal Blue Box .30-06 150's shoot great out of my '56 Win FWT.

The one Super Walmart around here that did have ammo now suddenly has nothing in the case when I stopped in to buy a couple ammo cans end of last week.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd just be happy with some 30-06 brass. I guess I need to take some ammo back and "unload it".

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I racked up that Blue Box Bubba Federal

Walmart, clearance 11.99 for 243,308, or Bubba chamberings

Then a $5 per box rebate

Yee doggies!!!

I needed tires for my truck that day and said “self, you can get tires any day”

I went grabbed one of them walmart walnut weatherbys in 243 just because of all that 243.

I have no idea how it shoots. The rifle and blue box lost on the black hole of that spare bedroom. 👍

I did the same. Sitting on a mountain of $5 blue box ammo to feed my $250 Weatherby.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I reload for everything I shoot except my 6.5x55. I cannot get a handload to beat the accuracy I get out of the factory 131 gr load from Seller & Bellot. Doesn't matter how much I tried, it just likes that round. So I waited until Natchez had a sale on it and grabbed a bunch of it at $9.99 a box. Got enough to last quite a while and the brass is reloadable so if I get to the point I can't get any more of it, I can simply load for it since I already have dies.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's been at least ten years since I shot a round of factory ammo. That was when I found a good deal on a Winchester XTR in .270. I bought a couple of boxes of Winchester 150 gr. ammo and took the rifle that ammo and a box of my normal .270 reloads. Rifle turned out to be a real sleeper regarding accuracy. The worst group it did that day was .80" and that's probably because the barrel was quite hot. That rifle is definitely a keeper.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a bit different philosophy regarding hand loads and factory ammo.

Most of what I shoot is my hand loads. But, I buy Remington factory ammo as close to the bullet type and weight I want to load. I sight in with that, then I tweek my own loads to shoot the same.

It's nice to be able to run into Grunt N Fart's Gas & Go in Rabbit Hash Wyoming and find a box of 30-06 180gr CoreLokt PSP, because I left the ammo bag back home on the coffee table. My 3-digit 1936 Win Mdl 70 '06 always comes along just in case when I take off big game hunting.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
I have fired a factory round in 40 years except 22’s. I’m good on components for a while, could use some Barnes 338, 160 gr TTSX

Well crap, I wish I had seen that post earlier. I went to the big town today, Sportsman's was about out of everything, but there was some Barnes bullets in larger calibers, and some Weatherby 30-378 loaded ammo along with some .50BMG stuff too. I'd have looked for some for you there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Isn't it slightly rude to talk about 30-06 ammo... on MLK day?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You guys will be talking about Remington 760 is here shortly won't you?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MAC

I reload for everything I shoot except my 6.5x55. I cannot get a handload to beat the accuracy I get out of the factory 131 gr load from Seller & Bellot. Doesn't matter how much I tried, it just likes that round. So I waited until Natchez had a sale on it and grabbed a bunch of it at $9.99 a box. Got enough to last quite a while and the brass is reloadable so if I get to the point I can't get any more of it, I can simply load for it since I already have dies.

Years back Midway had a sale on some RWS 6.5x55 closeout stuff. I grabbed a few boxes of each type. They were going for $18-$20 or so a box, cheap for that stuff. I have an extra barrel in 6.5 for that '06 rifle I have and it really likes that Dopplecore bullet of theirs, really likes it. When I went back online a couple days later there was no more left. Shoots so good, like you say, why reload?

Of course, I can't use it for hunting here in Kommiefornistan, so it sits in the ammo box. Should work during the revolt if needed, I'll swap barrels out when I run out of '06 ammo.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

234 members (22kHornet, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,455 guests, and 907 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,476
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.