Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I saw one at Cabela's (Tualatin Oregon) yesterday. Nice and light DPMS GII Hunter 60238. It has the carbon fiber handguard with stainless barrel. Everything is teflon coated I believe. Rifle felt like it was around 7.5 pounds and I'd bet it is accurate. Looked like it took Pmags. They wanted $995.00 for it and it was in like new condition. I'm sure if you called them, they would ship to your local Cabela's. I almost bought it, but I already have two good AR10's..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
If no one buys it, I might when I go back to pick up my new Tikka T3 308win.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll call them tomorrow to see if they’ll transfer it to Little Rock.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac007
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll call them tomorrow to see if they’ll transfer it to Little Rock.

Awesome. I hope if someone from here buys it keeps me posted on how it shoots. I have a good feeling about it. Good luck, hopefully its still there. Be warned, there are about 5,600 background checks in the system right now. I bought a Tikka 8 days ago and i'm at 2,000 right now, so I might get it in a few days.. There's a lot of people buying guns right now..

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I was interested in one earlier this year that was listed on another board for $800.00 with some extras. I asked about them here and was pretty well told to steer clear, so I moved on. Apparently they have a reputation for ejection issues and ripping case heads off.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14942013/dpms-g2-compact-hunter-308

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Awesome. I hope if someone from here buys it keeps me posted on how it shoots. I have a good feeling about it. Good luck, hopefully its still there. Be warned, there are about 5,600 background checks in the system right now. I bought a Tikka 8 days ago and i'm at 2,000 right now, so I might get it in a few days.. There's a lot of people buying guns right now..

If you have a CHL the wait is just a few minutes.

Sean
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SeanD
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

If you have a CHL the wait is just a few minutes.

Must be nice.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I was interested in one earlier this year that was listed on another board for $800.00 with some extras. I asked about them here and was pretty well told to steer clear, so I moved on. Apparently they have a reputation for ejection issues and ripping case heads off.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14942013/dpms-g2-compact-hunter-308

That's weird. My buddy has a DPMS LR308 and never has any issues with it. The G2 compact hunter, that you posted a link to, uses the same lower as the one I saw, but different barrel. Not the exact same rifle.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My DPMS GII Hunter with the 20" bbl is awesome! Never had any issues. Always has fired every time I pull the trigger. With the Nosler-loaded 168gr ABLR, I get around 1/3 MOA groups.

Like this American Rifleman reviewer: “The GII Hunter I tested blew me away with its accuracy. I was primarily testing that rifle for our sister publication American Hunter and didn't even plan to include it in this article, but the performance is too impressive to ignore. American Hunter uses three, three-shots groups with three different loads as a test protocol. With the Black Hills 168-gr. load, the first group measured 0.30". That was the best, but the average of three groups was 0.47". The average for all nine groups was 0.80". From an out-of-the-box AR-L shooting factory ammunition, that is very impressive accuracy.” https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/2/6/review-dpms-gii-ar-308/

Here's mine. It’s a killer:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Exit wound:

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BSA, just bought a new pistol yesterday, the wait now is 6,345! Told me it would be 3 weeks.
It is crazy now. They didn’t ask me if I had a CHL.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SS336
BSA, just bought a new pistol yesterday, the wait now is 6,345! Told me it would be 3 weeks.

Damn that sucks!!!

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I guess this or Oregon nonsense? 'Round here, if you don't get a response within 3 days, the gun is yours. I have never had to wait more than 2 minutes.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by liliysdad

I guess this or Oregon nonsense? 'Round here, if you don't get a response within 3 days, the gun is yours. I have never had to wait more than 2 minutes.

That would be cool.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
My DPMS GII Hunter with the 20" bbl is awesome! Never had any issues. Always has fired every time I pull the trigger. With the Nosler-loaded 168gr ABLR, I get around 1/3 MOA groups.

Like this American Rifleman reviewer: “The GII Hunter I tested blew me away with its accuracy. I was primarily testing that rifle for our sister publication American Hunter and didn't even plan to include it in this article, but the performance is too impressive to ignore. American Hunter uses three, three-shots groups with three different loads as a test protocol. With the Black Hills 168-gr. load, the first group measured 0.30". That was the best, but the average of three groups was 0.47". The average for all nine groups was 0.80". From an out-of-the-box AR-L shooting factory ammunition, that is very impressive accuracy.” https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/2/6/review-dpms-gii-ar-308/

Here's mine. It’s a killer:

Exit wound:

Nice. Hopefully whoever buys this one gets the same results.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
BSA pm inbound

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
CHL doesn't mean [bleep] in Oregon. Federal law requires the transfer to be done by an ffl in your state. If there is a waiting period, it is your state.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Two weeks ago I went to pick up a pistol and a lower from the local pawn/FFL. He asked if I had a CHL and took it when he phoned it in. When he got back I asked what that was for (never was asked about a CHL prior to the check before). He said now in Oregon CHL’s go to the head of the line, I wouldn’t have to wait days, only a few minutes. I was out the door in a few minutes. I don’t know why he needed my CHL unless they are calling in the number now.

In the past (pre-COVID frenzy) I’ve been asked numerous times when my check came back right away if I had a CHL and was told it was quicker because I had one.

So it seems it does mean something in Oregon, the check is still done but you move up in line.

Sean
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Two weeks ago I went to pick up a pistol and a lower from the local pawn/FFL. He asked if I had a CHL and took it when he phoned it in. When he got back I asked what that was for (never was asked about a CHL prior to the check before). He said now in Oregon CHL’s go to the head of the line, I wouldn’t have to wait days, only a few minutes. I was out the door in a few minutes. I don’t know why he needed my CHL unless they are calling in the number now.

In the past (pre-COVID frenzy) I’ve been asked numerous times when my check came back right away if I had a CHL and was told it was quicker because I had one.

So it seems it does mean something in Oregon, the check is still done but you move up in line.

Look, just because you are ignorant of the law and gullible to listen and misinterpet the noise from a pawn shop, doesn't mean I have to let you spew your ignorance unchallenged.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
dla was seeing the future.

“December 12, 2022 - The Oregon State Police (OSP) has previously processed
Concealed Handgun License holders at an expedited pace through the Firearms Instant
Check System. For years, this practice was efficient and effective. Recently,
the unprecedented surge in background requests caused a severe impact on the
efficiency of this practice and the overall background process. OSP has recognized
this impact and altered the background process to ensure background requests,
that are in the "Queue", are processed in the order they are received by the FICS
Unit.”

https://xn.osp.state.or.us/Fics/

Sean
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
dla was seeing the future.

“December 12, 2022 - The Oregon State Police (OSP) has previously processed
Concealed Handgun License holders at an expedited pace through the Firearms Instant
Check System. For years, this practice was efficient and effective. Recently,
the unprecedented surge in background requests caused a severe impact on the
efficiency of this practice and the overall background process. OSP has recognized
this impact and altered the background process to ensure background requests,
that are in the "Queue", are processed in the order they are received by the FICS
Unit.”

https://xn.osp.state.or.us/Fics/

He must have had a crystal ball. For the longest time, it did matter if you had a CHL. They would move you to the front of the line. It sucks if they aren't doing it now..

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.