Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Bought a husqvarna mauser last week...called and talked to the sales guy and asked him to look at it to make sure it would work for the project i had in mind. He assured me it would.

Got it this week...the bolt was welded shut. How did he miss that?

Emailed them explaining the situation and they emailed back...long story short they will take it back but not refund the shipping either way or the credit card surcharge.

Basically I paid 50 bucks to find out their sales guy doesn't know what he is doing. No RMA number no shipping tag..."just send it we will figure it out..."

Warning for any of you wanting to buy from them...

BP-B6

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Great advertising for them. Send them a link to this page.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Already emailed back that I am disappointed with how it was handled and that my plans were to buy a couple more rifles but not now seeing how it was handled.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Yikes. Seems to be hit or miss with them. I bought a Husky a while back that came as described (I called to inquire just like you did)... But they shipped it in a cardboard box with no other packing or padding. I almost fell over when the FFL opened it up.

I've seen some of their descriptions where they say it's welded or non-functioning... but seems like you've got a pretty good fraud argument. Freeze charge with credit card company?

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I kinda doubt its fraud. Hard to prove and no reason to think they did it on purpose.

Just crappy service and being cheap.

IC B2

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I knew the barrel was welded shut from the description. All i needed was the rest of the gun. Guy said all good. The only part i could use was the stock lol

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Ah. I could see "barrel welded shut" meaning different things to different people. If they'd promised you a functioning gun (what I assumed originally) and sent you a welded bolt, I would've called that fraud.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Well that's why i called and asked the guy to look at it. He said yeah the barrel is welded. And I said yes I assumed that but can you look at it and tell me if the rest is operable? And he said yes you could put a new barrel on and be good to go.

Which is not accurate. So why make your customer eat 50 bucks

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've bought several rifles from Simpson's. The salesman who I've worked with is a guy named Floyd and he always gave me a pretty good description, so I hope that you weren't dealing with him.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep. That's the guy

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Yep. That's the guy

'Sorry to hear that, as he always treated me right.

I don't think that sellers should charge shipping on returns that were misrepresented, but Boyds and McM have done it to me.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't think he was lying or being rude or anything...just annoys me that I took the time to ask questions to avoid this exact situation and then got charged for their mistake.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Why are the bolts and barrels welded in the first place?

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I dunno. I have seen people do it years ago to make it a "safe" wall ornament or something.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Always ask for Floyd in sales and have him do a full visual check. I've had to return 4 guns to Simpson's, and the shipping was an issue. They refunded all that I paid, including shipping to me, but it was my dime getting them back there. 3 of the 4 were bought from someone there other than Floyd, and Floyd missed a big problem with one of the many he has sold me over time. He credited my shipping cost back to a replacement gun.

They have some great deals, and they have some klunkers. I soon learned to ask questions while Floyd had the gun in hand.

Best of luck with your dealings with them, mjbgalt.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Thats who I dealt with but i guess he missed this one by a lot

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Yep. That's the guy

I don't think that sellers should charge shipping on returns that were misrepresented, but Boyds and McM have done it to me.

Same here. Floyd was the one I always liked dealing with, always treated me right, better than the others that worked there!
I've had some issues with purchases at Simpson's. Bought a pair of Ruger Vaqueros. One had a bulged barrel. They were not advertised as having a bulged barrel. They offered to take them back but I would be out shipping both ways. I told them to pound sand and purchased two new take off barrels from a noted revolver builder for less than the postage would be. Simpson wouldn't even discount the item. Had similar issues twice before. That third time was the last time I did business with them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by z1r
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Yep. That's the guy

Same here. Floyd was the one I always liked dealing with, always treated me right, better than the others that worked there!
I've had some issues with purchases at Simpson's. Bought a pair of Ruger Vaqueros. One had a bulged barrel. They were not advertised as having a bulged barrel. They offered to take them back but I would be out shipping both ways. I told them to pound sand and purchased two new take off barrels from a noted revolver builder for less than the postage would be. Simpson wouldn't even discount the item. Had similar issues twice before. That third time was the last time I did business with them.

The more stories like this that I hear... the more grateful I am that my one and only purchase came as described. I like to kill time looking at their used Mausers... but I'm not sure I'm as excited to get another project gun from them after this thread...

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Well that's part of the reason i started this thread. To bitch...and save you guys a headache...and to possibly show them how my 50 bucks cost them 5 grand in lost sales.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Well...my gunsmith contacted Simpson's and with a little back and forth they came to an agreement. The sales guy was well aware of this thread and it sounded like he was less than happy about it.

Again, I have no anger toward him or them...just wanted to be treated fairly.

My Smith was nice enough to buy another rifle for me which they discounted for him and i think we can close this disagreement with that.

So...if you want to buy from them i think they will treat you ok...but i would make very sure to be clear on both ends what you expect.

Hopefully things are ok on their end now too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
662 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 75 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,640
Posts18,399,000
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.