Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
eblake Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Just stopped at an lgs in Rochester NH looking for Re7. None of that there but they had a pallet of Federal 22lr range packs, 800 rounds for $50, one per customer. The sales guy said it was about a typical year's worth of 22 ammo for them, delivered yesterday and expected to be gone tomorrow. Think there's some panic buying? An old subject I know but I was awed to see so much 22 ammo stacked up in one pile!

BP-B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Eblake: On an extended road trip to seek out guns and ammo YESTERDAY, we stopped in 5 towns on our 280 mile venture and stopped in at least 13 gunshops, sporting goods stores and hardware stores (here in Montana the hardware stores sell guns and ammo!) and there indeed IS a 22 ammo shortage!
In fact if we had found virtually ANY 22 ammo it would have been purchased!
Only ammo in "stock" ANYWHERE seemed to be 454 Casull pistol ammo!
Its been this way for about 2 months in these parts!
Yeah your "one of" incident probably did NOT put an end to the "22 ammo shortage"!
I hope you bought your allotment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

E
eblake Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I am well aware that most stores have little, if any, 22 lr ammo for sale. However, seeing that much in one place, I have to wonder if it is a production issue or a panic buying issue. And no, I did not buy any. I have enough to last at least five years and I am confident that by then, the market will have settled down again. Why contribute to the problem?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by killerv

Someone must really want that bad.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Eblake: I was contemplating driving a LONG ways to a gunshow this weekend and thought to myself how can I pay for the gas and lodging.
Well a quick look over to gunbreaker showed how I can do that!
I have several of these bucket'o bullets that I paid $70.00 apiece for way back when.
I think I will sell one at these going prices!

Gunbreaker link: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889504289

In case the link doesn't work they are still bidding on this single Remington 1,400 round bucket of bullets and the current bid is $330.00 (three hundred and thirty dollars!)!
And for your information when I sell mine I am NOT going to report the profit I make, on this bucket'o bullets, to china joes irs.
There MUST be an "ammo shortage" for this ammunition to be selling at this price - is that not correct?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
For walk ins at Buds gun shop today.

Aguila 22LR HV, $100, limit 1(one) per customer.

The line was short.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gunzo: Was that for a case, a carton or a single box?
I found a carton (500 rounds) of Federal Premium Gold Medal Ultra-Match 40 grain Solid muzzle velocity 1,080 FPS target ammo in one of my ammunition lockers.
It is going to be for sale also at the gunshow I am planning on attending this weekend.
If any CampFirers are interested in the Federal ammo I would rather sell it to a targeter type here than a scalper at the gunshow.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

E
eblake Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Yes, it's rather obvious that there is a lot of panic buying. Some people apparently think that 22 ammo will never be produced again. I am not worried about that.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I’ve got mine 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember buying those Federal bulk packs at the local Wal-Mart for $6. Those lasted a long time as we only shot targets occasionally and a few rounds a month at small game.

Now we buy the same for $30+ and we shoot it up. Maybe we should just go back to making it last.

God Bless America
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
These strange times are indeed a "sellers market" Some times a blind squirrel finds an acorn. Glad I learned from the last shortage.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by eblake
I am well aware that most stores have little, if any, 22 lr ammo for sale. However, seeing that much in one place, I have to wonder if it is a production issue or a panic buying issue. And no, I did not buy any. I have enough to last at least five years and I am confident that by then, the market will have settled down again. Why contribute to the problem?

You should have bought some and sent it to the poor bastid varmintguy. Sounds like he really needs it.. I wouldn't have bought any of that at that price either.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I found a carton (500 rounds) of Federal Premium Gold Medal Ultra-Match 40 grain Solid muzzle velocity 1,080 FPS target ammo in one of my ammunition lockers.
It is going to be for sale also at the gunshow I am planning on attending this weekend.
If any CampFirers are interested in the Federal ammo I would rather sell it to a targeter type here than a scalper at the gunshow.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Where's this gunshow at this weekend?

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I remember buying those Federal bulk packs at the local Wal-Mart for $6. Those lasted a long time as we only shot targets occasionally and a few rounds a month at small game.

Now we buy the same for $30+ and we shoot it up. Maybe we should just go back to making it last.

I'm shooting more at the moment because I bought a Ruger MK IV Tactical earlier this fall.

I ran about 800 rounds of Winchester Bulk garbage through it to break it in and now doing testing of the various brands and loads I have on hand. Federal bulk is my go-to for general use and I zeroed the gun for it. But I plan on using it as my trapline/hunting pistol for now and I'm trying to find something that consistently shoots MOP/MOG (minute-of-ptarmigan....or grouse head). I've managed to get through all of the HV and target velocity stuff and currently working on subsonic.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I think we are gonna have a 22 weekend this weekend if rain holds off, been doing some scope, barrel, and trigger swapping on some 10/22s and picked up a used tacsol xring.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Sorry, I just read my post & realized I'd left out the main part.

$100 per brick, or $100 per 500 rounds, or 20 cents each.

As they say, for those that didn't squirrel up some nuts for the winter.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have three bricks of that Aguila in my cabinet that I paid $24 a brick for. Not for sale, but I had no idea that prices had gone up so much.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
At my age U try to only get BURNT once a few years bac we had a Primer shortage -I will DIE and still have a ample supply of primers--the last Ammo shortage I had plenty of reloading supplies sooooooooooo I stocked up on Rimfire Ammo --I will DIE before I shoot it all- This shortage has NO EFFECT on me as I have a Lifetime + supply--some will call me a HOARDER and I may B BUTT I refuse to gouge people.

I have sold a few primers to people I know BUTT they need them and are not scalpers.

Jim

"2Day is the 1st Day of the rest of UR Life"
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Wow I gave a good friend 2 buckets of 22LR
Still have 3 + about 40k rounds of other stuff.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.