24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Larry Root is back [Re: vacrt2002] #15680540 01/20/21
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 388
Cluggins Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 388
Do the people that do these forum deals conduct any kind of a history search on the seller? If I posted something for sale, I wouldn't expect anyone to feel cozy with me having been here for only 6 months. If the guy is that big of an azzhole, surely it would come out in his forum posts.

BP-B2

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: Cluggins] #15680588 01/20/21
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 27,521
260Remguy Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 27,521
Whenever Larry's latest handle gets outed, Rick folds the posts for the new name into Oldman1942.

If Larry has nothing to hide from, why does he change his handle so often?

Fosteology does a pretty good job of finding Larry and outing him when he pops up with a new persona.

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: vacrt2002] #15680594 01/20/21
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32,151
D
Dirtfarmer Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
D
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32,151
He was sweating a road trip by Bricktop to Pinedale, WY, where he lived when not in Key West.

It was cheap entertainment.

Larry was always the smartest guy in the room, smartest guy he knew, not bashful in letting it be known. Truly a legend in his own mind.

DF

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: Fireball2] #15680644 01/20/21
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,361
SKane Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,361
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Well, I'll be that guy. I sold a gun to Larry and he paid me and everything went fine. Don't know the man other than that.



I sold him (unknowingly) a Trijicon scope - I didn't recognize whatever username he assumed at the time. And only until he sent me shipping info did I recognize who I was dealing with.

I begrudgingly continued with the transaction - he paid, I shipped. I just knew there'd be something the old beotch would whine about and he did not disappoint. smile


Whenever in doubt, ask yourself;
WWP53D?
Re: Larry Root is back [Re: stxhunter] #15680667 01/20/21
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 31,182
S
smokepole Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 31,182
Originally Posted by stxhunter
According to him, I better not go to FL because there is a BOLO out on me.



I think that's true.....



A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC-A

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: 260Remguy] #15680991 01/20/21
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32,151
D
Dirtfarmer Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
D
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32,151
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Whenever Larry's latest handle gets outed, Rick folds the posts for the new name into Oldman1942.

If Larry has nothing to hide from, why does he change his handle so often?

Fosteology does a pretty good job of finding Larry and outing him when he pops up with a new persona.

Fost has a certain IT skill set that comes in real handy when ole Larry is trying to be sneaky. He's not fooled Fost, yet. Not likely to.

Larry may not be as smart as advertised, like bragging about his Mensa Society membership, etc.

DF

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: vacrt2002] #15681100 01/20/21
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 937
J
JimH Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 937
Sold him a scope when he was going by Mark 5 ,no problem at all. Seems a lot less annoying than brickbrain to me...

Last edited by JimH; 01/20/21.
Re: Larry Root is back [Re: vacrt2002] #15681469 01/20/21
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,752
V
vacrt2002 Offline OP
Campfire Guide
OP Offline
Campfire Guide
V
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,752
Seems he got banned on long range hunting and in the middle of a transaction with me. He sent me an email saying he’d ship once the PayPal issue is resolved there is no PP issue to resolve.

We’ll see it may work out.


“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Re: Larry Root is back [Re: Dirtfarmer] #15681537 01/20/21
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 388
Cluggins Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer


Larry may not be as smart as advertised, like bragging about his Mensa Society membership, etc.

DF


He misspelled NAMBLA

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: vacrt2002] #15681725 01/20/21
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 27,521
260Remguy Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 27,521
Originally Posted by vacrt2002
Seems he got banned on long range hunting and in the middle of a transaction with me. He sent me an email saying he’d ship once the PayPal issue is resolved there is no PP issue to resolve.

We’ll see it may work out.


I hope that it works out for you.

I've never heard of Larry welching on a deal, only that he has a reputation of misrepresenting the condition of things that he sells.

IC-B

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: slumlord] #15682590 01/20/21
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,291
bersh Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,291
Originally Posted by slumlord
I dont buy and sell chit on here, this is not my personal flea market

But from the whining, i gather the dude puts a rifle to sell and runs it on several forums and sell the same thing to 5 people

Or doesnt even own the rifle and too lazy to make an ad and co-opts the ad from somewhere else and “sells” to others again like up above

I might me way off

Or have the wrong scammer

Not quite. He'll overstate/misrepresent the condition of items; bitch about the condition of items he buys; post items in multiple spots, have folks thinking they're the buyer, yank the rug out when it sells to someone else he contacted letting them know he had another buyer to see if they'd up the price; misrepresent the reasoning for wanting to buy/sell (once had a WTB for a sick kid, someone either donated or sold him a rifle for basically nothing, turned around and sold it for a huge profit (profit went to him, not the sick kid), bragged later about it); lie about everything; pretend he's someone else; stir up crap in posts for no reason; take over-the-top-offense to anything he doesn't agree with; and just be an overall douchebag. He's had around 200 (could be more) identities on this forum alone as every time he gets outed, that profile gets booted, and another ends up appearing. There could be more, this is just going from memory. He has had just enough smooth transactions to cast doubt and have a few folks pipe up (like this thread). He responded to a wtb post I had years ago, sent me pics, wanted too much for the item, got pissy when I asked questions, and stopped responding to messages. This was after I realized it was him, but he had a scope I wanted so I was willing to try and work out a deal. Apparently for him, working out a deal means abiding by his terms and price or you can GFY. He did his best to derail a different WTB post I had after that for no reason whatsoever other than I think he was trying to get back at me for not buying the scope from him. Either way, he's a prick.

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: vacrt2002] #15682696 01/20/21
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,460
N
nyrifleman Offline
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,460
What's his new handle?


“We do not really own high grade guns, we are only their curator for our lifetime.” - Rich Grozik
Re: Larry Root is back [Re: Dirtfarmer] #15682700 01/20/21
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,679
Mackay_Sagebrush Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,679
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
He was sweating a road trip by Bricktop to Pinedale, WY, where he lived when not in Key West.

It was cheap entertainment.

Larry was always the smartest guy in the room, smartest guy he knew, not bashful in letting it be known. Truly a legend in his own mind.

DF





Larry is a Doctor who lives in Utah now and goes by the handle of Paddler?


THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.
Re: Larry Root is back [Re: MtnBoomer] #15682718 01/20/21
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,725
sactoller Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,725
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Could be the time he tried to horn in on a youth give away? Or possibly the hundreds of fuucking lies? Who creates sock puppets so they can congratulate and prop up themselves? A fuucking lunatic. Duhhhhh.


This is just the tip of the iceberg.


Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Re: Larry Root is back [Re: bersh] #15682722 01/20/21
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 38,448
slumlord Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 38,448
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by slumlord
I dont buy and sell chit on here, this is not my personal flea market

But from the whining, i gather the dude puts a rifle to sell and runs it on several forums and sell the same thing to 5 people

Or doesnt even own the rifle and too lazy to make an ad and co-opts the ad from somewhere else and “sells” to others again like up above

I might me way off

Or have the wrong scammer

Not quite. He'll overstate/misrepresent the condition of items; bitch about the condition of items he buys; post items in multiple spots, have folks thinking they're the buyer, yank the rug out when it sells to someone else he contacted letting them know he had another buyer to see if they'd up the price; misrepresent the reasoning for wanting to buy/sell (once had a WTB for a sick kid, someone either donated or sold him a rifle for basically nothing, turned around and sold it for a huge profit (profit went to him, not the sick kid), bragged later about it); lie about everything; pretend he's someone else; stir up crap in posts for no reason; take over-the-top-offense to anything he doesn't agree with; and just be an overall douchebag. He's had around 200 (could be more) identities on this forum alone as every time he gets outed, that profile gets booted, and another ends up appearing. There could be more, this is just going from memory. He has had just enough smooth transactions to cast doubt and have a few folks pipe up (like this thread). He responded to a wtb post I had years ago, sent me pics, wanted too much for the item, got pissy when I asked questions, and stopped responding to messages. This was after I realized it was him, but he had a scope I wanted so I was willing to try and work out a deal. Apparently for him, working out a deal means abiding by his terms and price or you can GFY. He did his best to derail a different WTB post I had after that for no reason whatsoever other than I think he was trying to get back at me for not buying the scope from him. Either way, he's a prick.



Good report

Thanks

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: MtnBoomer] #15683563 01/20/21
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 46,007
Fireball2 Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 46,007
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Who creates sock puppets so they can congratulate and prop up themselves? A fuucking lunatic. Duhhhhh.


NOBODY will touch this ^^^^^^ LOL


_______________________________________________________
An 8 dollar driveway boy living in a T-111 shack

LOL
Re: Larry Root is back [Re: nyrifleman] #15683915 01/20/21
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 27,521
260Remguy Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 27,521
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
What's his new handle?



Not sure how many handles he currently has going on this site, but I have heard that he is HappyWarrior on GunBroker and WYMTNRANGE on GunAuction.

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: Mackay_Sagebrush] #15684234 01/20/21
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 23,944
MtnBoomer Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 23,944
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
He was sweating a road trip by Bricktop to Pinedale, WY, where he lived when not in Key West.

It was cheap entertainment.

Larry was always the smartest guy in the room, smartest guy he knew, not bashful in letting it be known. Truly a legend in his own mind.

DF





Larry is a Doctor who lives in Utah now and goes by the handle of Paddler?

Never seen that presented before.


Critical thinking not needed.

Re: Larry Root is back [Re: Fireball2] #15684946 01/21/21
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 4,900
B
BobBrown Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
B
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 4,900
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Who creates sock puppets so they can congratulate and prop up themselves? A fuucking lunatic. Duhhhhh.


NOBODY will touch this ^^^^^^ LOL

Congratulations Ballz . LOL
You’re looking dapper these days.


[bleep] Democrats . TRUMP 2020


GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Re: Larry Root is back [Re: bersh] #15685039 01/21/21
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 38,969
jorgeI Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 38,969
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by slumlord
I dont buy and sell chit on here, this is not my personal flea market

But from the whining, i gather the dude puts a rifle to sell and runs it on several forums and sell the same thing to 5 people

Or doesnt even own the rifle and too lazy to make an ad and co-opts the ad from somewhere else and “sells” to others again like up above

I might me way off

Or have the wrong scammer

Not quite. He'll overstate/misrepresent the condition of items; bitch about the condition of items he buys; post items in multiple spots, have folks thinking they're the buyer, yank the rug out when it sells to someone else he contacted letting them know he had another buyer to see if they'd up the price; misrepresent the reasoning for wanting to buy/sell (once had a WTB for a sick kid, someone either donated or sold him a rifle for basically nothing, turned around and sold it for a huge profit (profit went to him, not the sick kid), bragged later about it); lie about everything; pretend he's someone else; stir up crap in posts for no reason; take over-the-top-offense to anything he doesn't agree with; and just be an overall douchebag. He's had around 200 (could be more) identities on this forum alone as every time he gets outed, that profile gets booted, and another ends up appearing. There could be more, this is just going from memory. He has had just enough smooth transactions to cast doubt and have a few folks pipe up (like this thread). He responded to a wtb post I had years ago, sent me pics, wanted too much for the item, got pissy when I asked questions, and stopped responding to messages. This was after I realized it was him, but he had a scope I wanted so I was willing to try and work out a deal. Apparently for him, working out a deal means abiding by his terms and price or you can GFY. He did his best to derail a different WTB post I had after that for no reason whatsoever other than I think he was trying to get back at me for not buying the scope from him. Either way, he's a prick.


NAILED IT. Fosteology was/is our resident Root expert and slayer but unfortunately, he does not post much any longer...


Teddy Roosevelt, John Wayne, Winston Churchill paid to hunt....
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
104 registered members (01Foreman400, 907brass, 375Taylor, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 12 invisible), 837 guests, and 837 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3










Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3
(Release build 20190728)
PHP: 7.3.27 Page Time: 0.046s Queries: 15 (0.003s) Memory: 0.8801 MB (Peak: 1.0474 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2021-03-06 08:54:43 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS