Print Thread
Hop To
N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
I just had completed a pretty special Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine. The work on this rifle was done by two masters , Stephen Heilmann , metal work/barreled action/pattern stock and Reto Buehler ,stock/ final polish / barrel band/rust blue/rifle completion .
The rifle turned out better than I expected and I would highly recommend both Reto Buehler & Stephen Heilmann.
Now that my rifle is completed I have a very high end Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine pattern stock created by one of the true masters Stephen Heilmann.
I was thinking when I was having this rifle built and that when the rifle was completed ,that others would possibly be interested in this Stephen Heilmann pattern stock. Are there other Mauser enthusiasts that have project Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine actions looking for a pattern stock made by Stephen Heilmann? I knew going in that this is a bit of a luxury item and not for everyone . Hey when I was just getting started with my career living in MT I has one rifle for many years a Ruger 77 7Rem Mag. I brought this topic up on another forum I enjoy. One member attacked me and my post saying there are only 2-4 people in the entire USA, that would buy a Stephen Heilmann Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine pattern stock.
What do the Mauser faithful on the Fire say?

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Can they use my wood for this? How much?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I say... Your only discernable question seems to request weighing in on a dispute of vying opinions. Such of which you're trying to garner support for your observations. To what purpose?
You've described a presumably beautiful, desirable Argie sporter. Presumably too, the opportunity to present photos supporting your view. No pix or explanation 'in lieu of''.
Honestly, I'm not impressed with your Thread thus far. Perhaps others will be. My "say"... Your Thread so far, more more suggestive of "finder's fee" motivation concernng your stockmaker.

May I suggest "Res Ipsa Loquitur"... "the thing speaks for itself! Good quality pix of your referenced Argie rifle, more detail the better, as 'best evidence' of the workmanship/stock pattern you're advocating.

Excuse me if sounding unduly critical & frank, but you requested opinions. Such mine, if reflective of "be careful what you wish for... Lest you get it"; result! I'd be delighted for the opportunity to form an opinion of styling and workmanship if presented. I'd bet others here would too!

Best & Stay Safe!
John

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Yes you can use your own wood. Not putting any prices on this forum , some people get sensitive if you put any type of pricing and it’s not in the classifieds.
Will maybe list it in the classified at some point.
Send me a private email if you would like a photo or two.

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Maybe if there is enough interest I can get some photos posted.
Not familiar with posting photos so maybe someone will offer to post them.

IC B2

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Craigster was kind enough to post a link on Custom Rifles & Wildcats showing a link to photos on Guns International.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by iskra
I'd be delighted for the opportunity to form an opinion of styling and workmanship if presented.

Yeah.. But that's the ONLY thing you will bring to the table. You're never going to buy this or any other high grade custom creation.

I hope the OP sells this for what he's asking.
However, there's absolutely no excuse for not posting pictures on your own. Takes just a few minutes to learn.

gunmaker
------------------
Custom Metalsmith & Stockmaker
N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by JRGunmaker
Originally Posted by iskra
I'd be delighted for the opportunity to form an opinion of styling and workmanship if presented.

Yeah.. But that's the ONLY thing you will bring to the table. You're never going to buy this or any other high grade custom creation.

I hope the OP sells this for what he's asking.
However, there's absolutely no excuse for not posting pictures on your own. Takes just a few minutes to learn.

JRGunmaker-
Thanks for your comment on the Stephen Heilmann project. Yeah my skill levels are low in some areas of the ways of the internet , although in some areas probably can leave you in the dust.....just sayin. Not offended.
I always had a personal secretary and IT support staff. Now sem~retired and learning as I go.

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Now for sale in the classifieds.

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Sold!
Stephen Heilmann Custom Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine Pattern Stock

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,618
Posts18,454,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.