Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Do the people that do these forum deals conduct any kind of a history search on the seller? If I posted something for sale, I wouldn't expect anyone to feel cozy with me having been here for only 6 months. If the guy is that big of an azzhole, surely it would come out in his forum posts.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whenever Larry's latest handle gets outed, Rick folds the posts for the new name into Oldman1942.

If Larry has nothing to hide from, why does he change his handle so often?

Fosteology does a pretty good job of finding Larry and outing him when he pops up with a new persona.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
He was sweating a road trip by Bricktop to Pinedale, WY, where he lived when not in Key West.

It was cheap entertainment.

Larry was always the smartest guy in the room, smartest guy he knew, not bashful in letting it be known. Truly a legend in his own mind.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Well, I'll be that guy. I sold a gun to Larry and he paid me and everything went fine. Don't know the man other than that.

I sold him (unknowingly) a Trijicon scope - I didn't recognize whatever username he assumed at the time. And only until he sent me shipping info did I recognize who I was dealing with.

I begrudgingly continued with the transaction - he paid, I shipped. I just knew there'd be something the old beotch would whine about and he did not disappoint. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
According to him, I better not go to FL because there is a BOLO out on me.

I think that's true.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Whenever Larry's latest handle gets outed, Rick folds the posts for the new name into Oldman1942.

If Larry has nothing to hide from, why does he change his handle so often?

Fosteology does a pretty good job of finding Larry and outing him when he pops up with a new persona.

Fost has a certain IT skill set that comes in real handy when ole Larry is trying to be sneaky. He's not fooled Fost, yet. Not likely to.

Larry may not be as smart as advertised, like bragging about his Mensa Society membership, etc.

DF

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sold him a scope when he was going by Mark 5 ,no problem at all. Seems a lot less annoying than brickbrain to me...

Last edited by JimH; 01/20/21.
V
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Seems he got banned on long range hunting and in the middle of a transaction with me. He sent me an email saying he’d ship once the PayPal issue is resolved there is no PP issue to resolve.

We’ll see it may work out.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Larry may not be as smart as advertised, like bragging about his Mensa Society membership, etc.

DF

He misspelled NAMBLA

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by vacrt2002
Seems he got banned on long range hunting and in the middle of a transaction with me. He sent me an email saying he’d ship once the PayPal issue is resolved there is no PP issue to resolve.

We’ll see it may work out.

I hope that it works out for you.

I've never heard of Larry welching on a deal, only that he has a reputation of misrepresenting the condition of things that he sells.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
I dont buy and sell chit on here, this is not my personal flea market

But from the whining, i gather the dude puts a rifle to sell and runs it on several forums and sell the same thing to 5 people

Or doesnt even own the rifle and too lazy to make an ad and co-opts the ad from somewhere else and “sells” to others again like up above

I might me way off

Or have the wrong scammer

Not quite. He'll overstate/misrepresent the condition of items; bitch about the condition of items he buys; post items in multiple spots, have folks thinking they're the buyer, yank the rug out when it sells to someone else he contacted letting them know he had another buyer to see if they'd up the price; misrepresent the reasoning for wanting to buy/sell (once had a WTB for a sick kid, someone either donated or sold him a rifle for basically nothing, turned around and sold it for a huge profit (profit went to him, not the sick kid), bragged later about it); lie about everything; pretend he's someone else; stir up crap in posts for no reason; take over-the-top-offense to anything he doesn't agree with; and just be an overall douchebag. He's had around 200 (could be more) identities on this forum alone as every time he gets outed, that profile gets booted, and another ends up appearing. There could be more, this is just going from memory. He has had just enough smooth transactions to cast doubt and have a few folks pipe up (like this thread). He responded to a wtb post I had years ago, sent me pics, wanted too much for the item, got pissy when I asked questions, and stopped responding to messages. This was after I realized it was him, but he had a scope I wanted so I was willing to try and work out a deal. Apparently for him, working out a deal means abiding by his terms and price or you can GFY. He did his best to derail a different WTB post I had after that for no reason whatsoever other than I think he was trying to get back at me for not buying the scope from him. Either way, he's a prick.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
What's his new handle?

“Factio democratica delenda est"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
He was sweating a road trip by Bricktop to Pinedale, WY, where he lived when not in Key West.

Larry was always the smartest guy in the room, smartest guy he knew, not bashful in letting it be known. Truly a legend in his own mind.

DF

Larry is a Doctor who lives in Utah now and goes by the handle of Paddler?

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Could be the time he tried to horn in on a youth give away? Or possibly the hundreds of fuucking lies? Who creates sock puppets so they can congratulate and prop up themselves? A fuucking lunatic. Duhhhhh.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bersh

But from the whining, i gather the dude puts a rifle to sell and runs it on several forums and sell the same thing to 5 people

Or doesnt even own the rifle and too lazy to make an ad and co-opts the ad from somewhere else and “sells” to others again like up above

I might me way off

Not quite. He'll overstate/misrepresent the condition of items; bitch about the condition of items he buys; post items in multiple spots, have folks thinking they're the buyer, yank the rug out when it sells to someone else he contacted letting them know he had another buyer to see if they'd up the price; misrepresent the reasoning for wanting to buy/sell (once had a WTB for a sick kid, someone either donated or sold him a rifle for basically nothing, turned around and sold it for a huge profit (profit went to him, not the sick kid), bragged later about it); lie about everything; pretend he's someone else; stir up crap in posts for no reason; take over-the-top-offense to anything he doesn't agree with; and just be an overall douchebag. He's had around 200 (could be more) identities on this forum alone as every time he gets outed, that profile gets booted, and another ends up appearing. There could be more, this is just going from memory. He has had just enough smooth transactions to cast doubt and have a few folks pipe up (like this thread). He responded to a wtb post I had years ago, sent me pics, wanted too much for the item, got pissy when I asked questions, and stopped responding to messages. This was after I realized it was him, but he had a scope I wanted so I was willing to try and work out a deal. Apparently for him, working out a deal means abiding by his terms and price or you can GFY. He did his best to derail a different WTB post I had after that for no reason whatsoever other than I think he was trying to get back at me for not buying the scope from him. Either way, he's a prick.

Good report

Thanks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who creates sock puppets so they can congratulate and prop up themselves? A fuucking lunatic. Duhhhhh.

NOBODY will touch this ^^^^^^ LOL

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
What's his new handle?

Not sure how many handles he currently has going on this site, but I have heard that he is HappyWarrior on GunBroker and WYMTNRANGE on GunAuction.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

DF

Larry is a Doctor who lives in Utah now and goes by the handle of Paddler?

Never seen that presented before.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Who creates sock puppets so they can congratulate and prop up themselves? A fuucking lunatic. Duhhhhh.

NOBODY will touch this ^^^^^^ LOL

Congratulations Ballz . LOL
You’re looking dapper these days.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bersh

I might me way off

NAILED IT. Fosteology was/is our resident Root expert and slayer but unfortunately, he does not post much any longer...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

162 members (6mmbrfan, 257 mag, 280ACKIMP, 44mc, 35, 338rcm, 21 invisible), 1,319 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,523
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.