Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
I recently had a Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine rifle completed by two of the masters Stephen Heilmann metalwork/barreled action/pattern stock and Reto Buehler stock/final polish/rust blue/barrel band/ rifle completion. Both are true artists and at the top of their games ! I could not be be more happy with their work and the detail and skill level of their work. I would highly recommend Reto Buehler and Stephen Heilmann.
When I took on this project I knew I would have a Stephen Heilmann Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine pattern stock available when the rifle was completed. The rifle is very accurate .
I enjoy another forum and make frequent posts there. Recently I made a similar post on that forum and my post was attacked by a member there. His comment was “there are maybe 2-4 people in the entire USA that would buy a Stephen Heilmann Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine pattern stock. I was thinking there are many rifle enthusiasts that have Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine project actions who would love to have a Stephen Heilmann Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine pattern stock.
What do you on the Fire Custom Rifle Forum say?

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'd certainly enjoy seeing it.

The way life should be.
N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Not familiar with posting photos.
Maybe someone will come along and will post some photos for me.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I wouldn't pay $900 for a pattern stock. But it is a nice pattern.

Pictures in the link below, correct ?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ject------30--39-06.cfm?gun_id=101443213

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Craigster
I wouldn't pay $900 for a pattern stock. But it is a nice pattern.

Pictures in the link below, correct ?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ject------30--39-06.cfm?gun_id=101443213

Thank you Craigster for posting the link!
Yes those are the photos of the stock and metal by Stephen Heilmann prior to Reto Buehler completing the new stock.
Not for everyone.
Stephen Heilmann quoted a price of $1200 to north of $2000 to build that pattern stock. His work is impeccable and along with that expensive. No regrets on my end. You have to be a pretty serious enthusiast.

Last edited by NWT; 01/20/21.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't pay $900 for a pattern stock

Last time I was shopping for wood, the asking price for the board I was interested in was $700. A finished stock would have been 4 times that.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/21/21.

1Minute
z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I say, what do you care if some one else thinks there wouldn't be much interest.

But I do tend to agree that most folks aren't that into buying a pattern stock, most would prefer simply to have a stock duplicated from a pattern rather than owning a pattern. Those in the business will typically have their own patterns or the ability to make one.

Of course the way to prove them wrong is to post it for sale in the classifieds and see what happens.

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1minute
I wouldn't pay $900 for a pattern stock

Last time I was shopping for wood, the asking price for the board I was interest in was $700. A finished stock would have been 4 times that.

Yes, but a pattern stock is used as, well, a pattern to duplicate stocks from. As such, they are typically made from the least expensive stable piece of wood available. Now, the stock that is duplicated from the pattern that is where you want to spend for a nice piece of wood.

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
From the pm’s I received there is definitely interest in the Stephen Heilmann Mauser pattern stock . Seems to be quite a few Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine enthusiasts . I’ve had several offers of guys wanting to pay $300 - $350 to use the Heilmann pattern stock for a one time duplication for one of their rifle projects. This is a very special Mauser pattern stock and something rarely if ever encountered .
I will be placing the Heilman pattern stock up for sale on Monday , here in the classifieds and on a couple other sites.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You probably need to check if there is a Copyright covering that stock

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
IC B3

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Jkob
You probably need to check if there is a Copyright covering that stock

Hi Jim,
I thought the same thing.
No copyright.
Prior to purchase of the pattern stock I spoke with and emailed Stephen Heilmann numerous times.
I paid a lot of money for the Stephen Heilmann pattern stock and the related metal work and barreled action. Stephen’s response was it is all yours to do whatever you want to do.
NWT

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck! confused

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have several rifles that were built on the 1909 Argentine Mauser action. I've never felt the need for a pattern stock. From the sounds of it you could recoup a piece of your initial investment by renting ot out.

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by GSPfan
I have several rifles that were built on the 1909 Argentine Mauser action. I've never felt the need for a pattern stock. From the sounds of it you could recoup a piece of your initial investment by renting ot out.

Yes that may be something to consider, there is interest in that. Maybe not for me though time wise.
The Stephen Heilmann Mauser Mod 1909 pattern is pretty refined compared to what Mauser patterns I found available from the stock duplicating shops when I was shopping for a Mauser pattern stock.
Someone will love to have this stock.
A craftsman who has the talent to finish and complete the stock after duplicating it themselves and has a Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine action(s) would be a good candidate. A couple friends who both have Mauser 1909’s . Or someone who has a nice 1909 Argentine and the budget to have a stocker that they know build it out for them.
Donnie Gimes at Show Me Gun Stock has done some great precision duplicating work for me in the past at what I thought was very high quality work for what I thought was a great price.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a stock done by Donnie Gimes, I can testify that his work is all that NWT said it is.

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Now for sale in the classifieds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This doesn't pass the smell test.... never heard of a pro gunmaker giving away a pattern stock!
One time I asked David Miller to turn a piece of my wood to his pattern.... he just grinned and said no can do.
I understood completely, but had to ask... wink
And another thing the whole 1909 pattern thing.... standard Mauser inlet.... I call bullshit

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by irfubar
This doesn't pass the smell test.... never heard of a pro gunmaker giving away a pattern stock!
One time I asked David Miller to turn a piece of my wood to his pattern.... he just grinned and said no can do.
And another thing the whole 1909 pattern thing.... standard Mauser inlet.... I call bullshit

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,
The only B.S. and not passing the smell test is what is coming from you. As others stated “you only talk “ while others actually have custom rifles built and know what they are talking about.
Who ever said the pattern stock was given to anyone by the builder (“pro gunmaker”) you IDIOT !!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,
The only B.S. and not passing the smell test is what is coming from you. As others stated “you only talk “ while others actually have custom rifles built and know what they are talking about.
Who ever said the pattern stock was given to anyone by the builder (“pro gunmaker”) you IDIOT !!!

Who said I only talk? more bullshit?

So lets get this straight, you commissioned a rifle and they gave you the pattern stock? or did you steal it? wtf

Oh and as far as me and custom rifles...... yep I have a few.... and no I did not have them built.... nor did I buy them.... so you like word games , so you figure it out... lmao

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
722 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 76 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.