Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
The Keystone thing is all about the propaganda. Most of that oil gets refined and then shipped out of the US. I am not sure why a bunch of you have such a hardon over the thing, or it getting temporarily shut down.

Its called economics and jobs. Why aren't you bothered by shutting it down.

I'm glad that it got shut down. The Keystone XL was going to move Canadian tar sand oil to U.S. refineries and the refined products were going to be shipped out of the U.S. Pipelines break and leak and damage the environment. Refineries are dirty polluters. While there would be some jobs created, the number of jobs wouldn't have been worth the environmental risk, at least not worth it IMO. The Keystone XL would have benefited Canada a lot more than it would have benefited the U.S., 'cause it would move their dirty tar sand oil across the U.S., it would then be refined in the U.S., and it would be shipped from U.S. warm water ports. Let the Canadians build their own pipeline to their own refineries and let them take on the associated environmental risks.

Curious how much more dirty and more deadly is the oil from Alberta vs oil in Texas, North Dakota, the North Sea,
Russia, Azerbaijan etc?

Are there any pipelines now in the US that transport oil and gas?

Maybe look at a map to get a clue

The biggest problem that I see about the Keystone XL is that it wouldn't be carrying crude oil, rather it would be carrying DILBIT, Diluted Bitumen. DILBIT is nasty stuff. The Bitumen is the consistency of peanut butter and must be diluted before it can be pumped. If Canadian companies want to move their tar sand oil as DILBIT, let them build pipelines in Canada, refine it in Canada, and ship it from Canadian ports. If Canadians are going to reap the benefits, they should carry the risk.

There are lots of pipelines in the U.S., some that are carrying DILBIT. If you look up the Marshall, MI, pipeline leak back in 2010 you'll learn why It took many times longer to clean up that DILBIT leak than a comparable crude oil leak should have taken. Besides, none of the refined product was going to stay in the U.S.. IMO, if we needed it, some additional risk might be worth taking, but we don't need it, so there isn't any reason to risk the potential environmental damage from a pipeline leak in the U.S.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just keep building it, if Lyon’ biden wants to stop it let him use force. He won’t have the balls for that.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can see Trudeau humping Biden's leg over this entire environmental thing. Both globalists serving the same master, pretty much everyone in western Canada can't stand Trudeau and now probably Biden. Its not unusual to see signs on vehicles windows saying **** Trudeau, sometimes with 12" letters lol.
Lots of guys out of work for now, maybe things will change when Trump gets back in.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Biden gives Trudeau a phone call today...
Biden....Hi Turdeau
Turdeau..hi, hey thanks for killing that pipeline, I hate oil and gas, I was thinking of a way to do it, now I don't have too. I squirmed out of that one.

Biden, come on man, |I did it for the Communist joo's.

Turdeau...who?

B
B
bunch of damn idiots. killing the american dream of folks wanting to work and make a living

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well they can always truck oil around using diesel fuel on asphalt roads.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 01/22/21.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.