Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I just listed it as a For Sale by Owner on Zillow. We will see how this goes.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just know what it is really worth before you put it up for sale. Lots of old folks are living in the past and don’t have a clue how things have appreciated in the housing market. We bought our last one off Craigslist for full list the same day that the ad came up. Best 3K we ever spent was having a buyers agent real estate friend nail it down that afternoon with a signed contract. What the property tax assessed value is isn’t what it could sell for. Ours was under valued and we knew it.

Also having the right real estate company is important too. When I listed my up north property with a local to the property company, they sat on it for a year with no result. I then listed it with another company and sold it in a week.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Switch
You guys must had chosen bad realtors, I'm not a realtor, but seems like you're stepping over a dollar to save a dime.On on probably one of the biggest financial deals of your lives the realtor's commission is very cheap insurance.Lots of of pit falls in real estate transactions. Do you trust your other financial transactions to free on line advice? Do you know what the real value of your house is, Zillow sure as hell doesn't! Can you evaulate best offer with all the ins and out of offers,. Hand shake or do you have a contract? These days hand shake deals or always trouble!

I will not say that realtors 'can't help'........... but the guy that'll keep you out of trouble is the closing attorney.... have one there on YOUR side........ and they charge a whole lot LESS than 6%...

realtors CAN find you buyers that you may not reach, and if that is worth it to you then go for it....

IMHO

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rufous
I just listed it as a For Sale by Owner on Zillow. We will see how this goes.

Are you going to be heading back to the PNW?

405wcf

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven’t sold a house in 30 years.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord

Figured you hadn't been out of yours in 30 years

FJB & FJT
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Keep in mind the type of house contributes significantly to the speed at which it sells. Smaller homes in good neighborhoods sell much quicker than larger homes in rural locations.

At least around here.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sold a house and 10 acres a few years ago. Get an appraisal they said. I got an appraisal. 190k they said . I thanked them paid the 500 bucks.
Get a realtor they said. I talked to 3 . They all wanted to list at appraisal.
I put a sign out. I talked to people. 3 days after appraisal of 190k i sold at 325k. This property is 30 miles from the nearest town. 2 of the 3 agents i talked to wouldnt even come out to view the place.

I worked as a land buyer for 20 years. Average purchase price for our sites was 1.75 mil. We used a one page contract for purchase and avoided agents if we could.
I have seen agents whip out a 50 page sales agreement. I would whip out my one page. We always used the one page.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Zillow removed the Make Me Move feature a while ago. Just for fun I picked the highest dollar per square foot sold price in my area, multiplied it by my square footage, and added $50k. Listed as fsbo. About $250k over the Zestimate. Let’s see what happens.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Got a call 8 minutes after I listed. Some lady, a buyer, is coming over to check out the outside.

Funny.

Asking $899,659

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I sell homes on lease-to-own contracts to deadbeats with strong down payments.

'Sold' the same 6 houses at least 40 times altogether. No, I don't need a realtor.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
There are some good realtors out there, that can more than make up for their fees and plus you let them deal with all the headaches. It sure was nice not having to even speak to the buyers. Lets just say they were Warnock voters but that was to be expected in my neck of the woods. I honestly didn't want to deal with them. Certain prices ranges are gonna have you dealing with fha and va loans and everything that goes along with them. We had 6 offers in two days on our house (this was our starter house in a lower middle class neighborhood). Only one was conventional and it was the lowest offer. We ended up taking an fha offer that was well above asking and buyer paid all of closing. Plus my realtor had a contractor on speed dial that was able to get a sagging sunroom roof braced up with beams and posts and trimmed out nice within a week for me for an awesome price. I got lucky and inspections went well even the fha, fha didn't advise for any repairs! I also used her to buy our current home, she made it happen in a market where every time you called to look at a house, it was already under contract. I got it for well below asking and appraisal, she also got them to throw in some expensive waterproofing and new 5ton carrier hvac system.

Last edited by killerv; 01/21/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

Neither has Windfall.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deerstalker
I sold a house and 10 acres a few years ago. Get an appraisal they said. I got an appraisal. 190k they said . I thanked them paid the 500 bucks.
Get a realtor they said. I talked to 3 . They all wanted to list at appraisal.
I put a sign out. I talked to people. 3 days after appraisal of 190k i sold at 325k. This property is 30 miles from the nearest town. 2 of the 3 agents i talked to wouldnt even come out to view the place.

I worked as a land buyer for 20 years. Average purchase price for our sites was 1.75 mil. We used a one page contract for purchase and avoided agents if we could.
I have seen agents whip out a 50 page sales agreement. I would whip out my one page. We always used the one page.

^^^^

Here's somebody that gets it.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep Greg, since arriving here, we have bought 2 houses & our business & sold our first purchase, all by private sale !

Saved enough, by not paying commissions, do do north of $60k in renovations to the new place, which at the time, we financed.

Once work was completed, get the new home & property apprasied, go back to the bank with the new $ & remortgage for 80% value, gaining $55k of our funds back, to reinvest.

Good Lawyer is all you need !

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Listed my house in GA on Zillow.................realtor calls 'you know your asking too much for your house???' Really?? WHY? 'Well it's only a three bedroom and two baths' Really??? Well I live here, I can count 4 bathrooms and 5 rooms that qualify as bedrooms...... 'Well that's not what the tax record says'................ So, you know nothing about my house or what it is worth, do you want to buy it or list it?????

She did neither.......

I did sell it for asking price...............

Not all realtors are the same.

Last edited by Muffin; 01/21/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Yep Greg, since arriving here, we have bought 2 houses & our business & sold our first purchase, all by private sale !

Saved enough, by not paying commissions, do do north of $60k in renovations to the new place, which at the time, we financed.

Once work was completed, get the new home & property apprasied, go back to the bank with the new $ & remortgage for 80% value, gaining $55k of our funds back, to reinvest.

Good Lawyer is all you need !

grin

That's a great story, Paul, and you're exactly right. All you need is a good lawyer to do the title work and closings for you. You pay for what you actually get there. Not a bunch of spendy realtor fees for someone that does nothing more than throw your property on the MLS, which you can do yourself for $99 or less.

Good to hear!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Muffin
Listed my house in GA on Zillow.................realtor calls 'you know your asking too much for your house???' Really?? WHY? 'Well it's only a three bedroom and two baths' Really??? Well I live here, I can count 4 bathrooms and 5 rooms that qualify as bedrooms...... 'Well that's not what the tax record says'................ So, you know nothing about my house or what it is worth, do you want to buy it or list it?????

She did neither.......

I did sell it for asking price...............

Not all realtors are the same.

Muffin, good for you.

Right off the top of my head, I can think of at least 3-4 houses I currently own where the county records are wrong.. including the one I'm sitting in now. Lol. smile

I can't even remember how many I've sold that were wrong.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
How does one list their home on the MLS without using a realtor? We were told that it could not be done.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, but.

It can differ state by state.
Read up on your states regulations on "for sale by owner" MLS listings.

There are brokers that specialize in assisting with such a listing for a flat fee, typically a few hundred bucks.

Then...

Some realtor comes along and has a buyer that wants to purchase your property, somebodies gonna pay them their 3% commission to do it.

Anything can be negotiated into a sell.

My lawyer gets 1200 bucks to close a contract for me, I split it with my buyer, 600/600. <hint

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 1minute, 160user, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 68 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,230
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.