Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
On Sunday, the Federal Communications Commission issued a very peculiar statement.

Basically, they warned people not to use Amateur Radio, CB, Family Radio Service, etc. to break the law. Apparently, they are responding to chatter on social media involving using these services to organize mobs. I wonder if their concept extends to organizing right leaning and perfectly legal events.

The largest ham organization in the US, the American Radio Relay League, released a concurring statement.

Well, I'm glad we got the big issues solved already.

Be not weary in well doing.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure they issued similar warnings back in the summer...🤪

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They know it's easier to tear down Parler than all the ham operators.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Mobs?

Are those the same as peaceful protesters?

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Another scare tactic/silencing technique. Can you think of a more law abiding bunch of old men than Ham radio operators? Now they will be scared to say ANYTHING legal about the subject because it will be interpreted as inciting criminal behavior. They will be arrested and shut down. These people don’t want anything spoken about Trump that they cannot control. No independent thought. They must stop Trumpism. This is an example of how far they will go to do it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I was gonna build a crystal set anyway....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Another scare tactic/silencing technique. Can you think of a more law abiding bunch of old men than Ham radio operators? Now they will be scared to say ANYTHING legal about the subject because it will be interpreted as inciting criminal behavior. They will be arrested and shut down. These people don’t want anything spoken about Trump that they cannot control. No independent thought. They must stop Trumpism. This is an example of how far they will go to do it.

100%

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
Mobs?

Are those the same as peaceful protesters?

Mostly peaceful.

Didn't you get the script?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wait...
We have a ham here, I can't remember who though.

I do know he was expounding on the legality of cranking
up a CB, hooking it to a linear, useing sidebands without a license.

And how strictly it was enforced.

This old truck driver just giggled.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

So basically the FCC is saying:

The first rule of patriot club is you don't talk about patriot club.

Prove me wrong....]🤣🤣🤣

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Dogs don't know CW but I'll have to keep them away from the Mic. I can't seem to control their language. It seems our current government is terrified of free speech.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
uh oh uh yeah i just lost my CB in a canuuing accidentz - shore did huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnHiker

So basically the FCC is saying:

The first rule of patriot club is you don't talk about patriot club.

Prove me wrong....]🤣🤣🤣

LOL I see what you did there.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ledvm
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

100%

That and Free Speech.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I listen to the hams during the day at work sometimes. Almost all of them are over 70, and basically they talk mostly about their radios, trees and landscaping, airplanes, getting their covid vaccine, and the weather. Not exactly a hotbed of radical Right Wing Extremism... unfortunately.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They don’t like that it’s a way to circumvent and bypass the govt intercept of communication like they can do via phone or internet.

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've been licensed since 1960. Back then, the hobby didn't have nearly as much gray hair as it does now.

There is a joke that if your main topic of conversation is your health and your medical conditions, you're a geezer. Lots of us fit that description.

If you are up to no good, trying to coordinate it on ham frequencies is probably a very bad idea. Unless it involves hemorrhoids.

Last edited by denton; 01/21/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Denton, I have been a Ham less than 10 years now. I remember studying for the exams and how armature radio operators are supposed to be "ambassadors of good will "..... basically not talking about politics religion or sex. I have also read that Central American countries have a zero tolerance policy about bad mouthing their Governments and the ability to triangulate stations that do so quickly. Response ranging from confiscated equipment to disappearing the operators....

I'm thinking about learning to raise and fly passenger pigeons

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ham operators are licensed, so they know who you are already. Communication by radio of any kind will not work very well for very long anyway. Radio signals can be tracked and your location discovered. Any radio signals would have to be limited to short, coded messages on ever-changing frequencies, and there would have to be a lot of organization in place to have times and codes worked out.

Unless you have a very powerful pirate station outside the US, you're not gonna be able to continue broadcasting seditious material for very long.

For that matter, you won't last long even if you are outside the US...

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
2ndwind.....

Indeed there are countries that absolutely do not tolerate unfavorable speaking about the government. I had a group of guests in my living room once from Taiwan, Malaysia, and China. Without thinking, I said something disparaging about our US government, and everyone's mouth dropped open. I laughed and told them that in the US criticizing the government is the national pastime. Then they relaxed and talked frankly about their governments.

When we had such visitors, we always tried to arrange for them to do things that they couldn't at home. Shooting ranges were a popular opportunity, and getting a private flying lesson was another popular one. Many countries have zero private aviation. In Malaysia, possession of either a firearm or one round of ammunition is an automatic life sentence. Possession of both is an automatic death sentence.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (10gaugeman, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,423 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,881
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.