-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I finally got to hold one of these at the gun store. Sans optics it's too feathery for my liking. Given that and the issues that seem to be emerging, I will abstain. My CA Mesa is back at the manufacturer now being repaired.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did they give you any timeline on when you would be getting your Mesa back from repair Paul?

I've debated on seeing what I can do to correct the issues versus sending it in and waiting months for it to be returned...

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thank you for the write-up......hopefully they get the feeding issues ironed out. I'd love get a Tikka but I'm just not a fan of their proprietary mag or blued rimfires since you're shoot them so much in the summer heat.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rolltide
Did they give you any timeline on when you would be getting your Mesa back from repair Paul?

I've debated on seeing what I can do to correct the issues versus sending it in and waiting months for it to be returned...

They said 4-8 weeks. A member of another forum had his back in about a week.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska

The feeding on the Ranger isn't nearly as smooth as the TX-1, though, and the extraction/ejection requires a firm flick of the bolt to get the empties to clear the action on the Christensen. If you're lazy on working the bolt, the empty drops on top of the magazine and causes a jam. I hope this smooths out with some more use, because it's pretty annoying.

Update:

I sent my Ranger 22 back to Christensen to address the feeding & ejection issues. I filled out their online "repair request" form, and submitted all my information through their website. They got back to me in a day or two, with a return label and instructions for sending the rifle back to them. I made my initial contact with Christensen Arms on Aug 12th and my rifle was back in my hands on Sept 9th. That's about a 4-week turn-around, including the shipping on both ends.

I shot the rifle, yesterday, for the first time, since I got it back. It fed and ejected perfectly, no issues what-so-ever.

I am very happy with Christensen's customer service and their Ranger 22 rifle!

Last edited by DanInAlaska; 10/05/20.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice!

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The feeding on the Ranger isn't nearly as smooth as the TX-1, though, and the extraction/ejection requires a firm flick of the bolt to get the empties to clear the action on the Christensen. If you're lazy on working the bolt, the empty drops on top of the magazine and causes a jam. I hope this smooths out with some more use, because it's pretty annoying.

Update:

I sent my Ranger 22 back to Christensen to address the feeding & ejection issues. I filled out their online "repair request" form, and submitted all my information through their website. They got back to me in a day or two, with a return label and instructions for sending the rifle back to them. I made my initial contact with Christensen Arms on Aug 12th and my rifle was back in my hands on Sept 9th. That's about a 4-week turn-around, including the shipping on both ends.

I shot the rifle, yesterday, for the first time, since I got it back. It fed and ejected perfectly, no issues what-so-ever.

How was the accuracy?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Update:

How was the accuracy?

The accuracy didn't change. It shot great before I sent it to Christensen, and it shoots great after I got it back from them.

The Ranger shoots every bit as good as my Tikka.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone else give one of these a try?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by tkinak
Anyone else give one of these a try?

I'm thinking real hard about them...... Somebody tell me and tkinak about yours.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
There is someone in our local classifieds with a ranger with vx3i in warne rings on it. He wants 1100 for it. Sure is a good lookin rifle. But doesn't sound like a deal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FWIW, I did send mine in and received it back within a couple of weeks.

The feeding seems to be better and no extraction issues. The accuracy is still great and it has quickly become my favorite squirrel hunting rifle.

With the can on it, it's very quiet.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,496
Posts18,452,430
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.