Print Thread
Hop To
R
Rusky Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Any idea what the comrades north of the 48 have in mind for the summer. I would like to spend some time and money in AK this summer. Any ideas would be welcome.

Sorry I didn't get this right the first time. I've been there, just thinking about driving this time as I have the whole summer off.

Last edited by Rusky; 01/21/21.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Too many ideas to count! Kennicott Glacier Lodge is tops in every way.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
get off the road system and see the real alaska

if you don't make it to a real bush town, where kids huff gasoline out of a zip lock bag ur life isn't complete.

pay for the plane ride by hustling cans of mountain dew with free hits if keyboard cleaner at the school playground.

Last edited by Ndbowhunter; 01/21/21.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rusky
Any idea what the comrades north of the 48 have in mind for the summer. I would like to spend some time and money in AK this summer. Any ideas would be welcome.

Sorry I didn't get this right the first time. I've been there, just thinking about driving this time as I have the whole summer off.

Asking about driving through Canada? Might try the Canuck forum.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hard telling what our Canuckian neighbors may do this summer? A lot could happen in the next few months.

Maybe look into a trip up on the Alaska Marine Highway system as an alternative.

https://dot.alaska.gov/amhs/route.shtml

Last edited by JimInAK; 01/21/21. Reason: added link
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"d somewhat bet you are not driving through Canada unless you are employed in AK or maybe live there.

I could be wrong.

Hell AK is scared of covid RE stupid azz tests to get back to AK. This is all the scamdemic stuff but I'll bet no cruise ships and no travel through canada.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Heard the reservations to AK on cruise ships after mid-summer '21 exceed all of '19.

Very few ferries carrying cars go past Haines. Haines to most of AK requires a long trip through Canada.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I bet you are correct on reservations on cruises.

I think almost everyone that cancelled fishing trips last year didn't want a refund etc... just make the same date for 2021.

I'm not confident that this summer will be all that, but if so it'll sorta make up for last summers disaster by the scamdemic

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I returned from an AK trip a few weeks ago. Right now airlines are the travel path to AK least likely to be flummoxed by ferry or Canada restrictions. As long as you have your C19 test results in hand, within AK guidelines for same, travel should work ok.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Need more than one trip. Too much to see and do. Go north, go south, lots of things.
Could start in Anchorage and branch up north to fairbanks since it will be summer. Down south to the Kenai and seward, Valdez for halibut.
If you got a whole summer you could do quite a bit

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Make sure you take plenty of money for fuel.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Last edited by kk alaska; 02/04/21.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by JimInAK
Hard telling what our Canuckian neighbors may do this summer? A lot could happen in the next few months.

Maybe look into a trip up on the Alaska Marine Highway system as an alternative.

https://dot.alaska.gov/amhs/route.shtml

+1 on this...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,214
Posts18,466,291
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.