Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve owned a lot. Currently the hellcat most days. I like it

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not owned or shot a Hellcat. Have 2 G19's, a Gen4 and a Gen5, and 2 G17 Gen5's. No flies on them AT ALL. I just shoot the 365 XL better and it's a smaller, flatter, more compact package with a great grip frame angle (for me) and a much better trigger out of the box.

If I had to go into a dirty, filthy SHTF environment though, I would probably pick up one of the G19's. Or, more likely, one of the G17's.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've owned both. Since your post was about the P365 and Hellcat and not about Jennings, Lorcin or Glock, I will only address the two about which you inquired. They are so similar that you can't make a bad choice between the two, unless, of course, you were to get a lemon. I shot the P365 better and liked the trigger better and that's what I chose. I would like to have had the extra round in the same sized gun; but, that wasn't the decider for me. I have nothing bad to say about the Hellcat. As a matter of fact, I'm comfortable with my choice of P365 and have been carrying it for two years. I'm also comfortable with the fact that my 25 year-old daughter has chosen to carry the Hellcat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'll throw in another vote for the hellcat, with the caveat that I only dry fired the sig. Both great platforms and hard to go wrong either way. I tried my damndest to replicate the trigger issues I heard about and couldn't.

Mine shoots well and I thought really soft, which makes me want to shoot a 365 side-by-side.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I actually prefer my XDs to the Hellcat that I owned.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If I had to go into a dirty, filthy SHTF environment though, I would probably pick up one of the G19's. Or, more likely, one of the G17's.

That's worth highlighting--It's the old "No man in a gunfight wishes he had a smaller gun and fewer bullets." Bring the biggest gun you are willing to faithfully carry.

Which leads me to:

Originally Posted by cra1948
I have had the 365 for over a year and ... It shoots a lot bigger than it carries.

I have no experience with the Hellcat, but this is my experience with the Sig P365--I hit pretty well with it. It feels and shoots like a bigger gun (for me). I used to have a Kahr PM9, but it always had that "pea shooter" feel to it. Not with the Sig.

Again, I have no experience with the Hellcat, but I sure like my 365.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sig P365 for me. Fits my hand, nice trigger, and I shoot it well.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like the 365 would win a survey here, but both are quality pieces.

When first introduced the 365 had some issues, or perhaps ONE issue.......apparently that's all been addressed. No one mentioned it.

Thanks folks!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Darn shame Glock wasn't smart enough to build the 26
with a 9mm scale slide, a metal magazine (without a fat
plastic wrapper), and scale the grip around that metal mag.

As popular as it was, imagine "A Glock 365" in the mid 90's?

Dumbasses still haven't figured it all out.
It took Shield building mags for their "single stack" guns
to get there.

And it's been obvious for decades.

I worked for a German company for 3 years, I am not surprised that they have never figured it out, because they are always right and much smarter than you are. The G43 I owned was compact but certainly sucked bigtime relative to the p365.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Handled a hellcat yesterday. Wasn’t for sale or it would’ve been mine. Need to handle a 365, but I’ll probably just take whichever one I can find locally.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Handled a hellcat yesterday. Wasn’t for sale or it would’ve been mine. Need to handle a 365, but I’ll probably just take whichever one I can find locally.

Check out the 365 XL, too. If you get the opportunity. You'll get higher velocity, increased capacity, a flat trigger, better/longer sight radius, and a "big gun" feel.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Check out the 365 XL, too. If you get the opportunity. You'll get higher velocity, increased capacity, a flat trigger, better/longer sight radius, and a "big gun" feel.

Doesn't hold more rounds they can both run the 12 & 15 round magazines

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475

OK. Don't have any regular 365's. Just 2 XL's.

You got one? Either a 365 or 365 XL?

Have you held a regular 365 with a 15 rd mag in it in your hand?

Not trying to be a smartass. Just asking. Don't see the regular 365 being ergonomic at all with a 15 rd mag in it.

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/31/21.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought the 365 Friday got a delay from Nics but am impressed with ergonomics and trigger.

The beatings will continue until morale improves
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Not trying to be a smartass. Just asking. Don't see the regular 365 being ergonomic at all with a 15 rd mag in it.

I own a P365 and 2 10 rd magazines, 2, 12 rd magazines and 2, 1t rd magazines. The grips fits my hand with the 15 rd magazine and that's how I carry it daily

Not sure why you think it has no ergonomics with the 15 rd magazine

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I own a P365 and 2 10 rd magazines, 2, 12 rd magazines and 2, 1t rd magazines. The grips fits my hand with the 15 rd magazine and that's how I carry it daily

Would think it to be butt heavy.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Not to me. When I purchased my P365 the 10 rd mag was way to short for my hand. For me the 15 rd mag is perfection

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Not to me. When I purchased my P365 the 10 rd mag was way to short for my hand. For me the 15 rd mag is perfection

Well ok, then. If it works for you, then cool. I can understand wanting to carry it with a 15 rd mag.

I carry my 365 XL with a 15 rd mag in it every day, and another one in my pocket.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Havent shot either, a friend has a 365 that ive fingered several times.
The 10 round mags are too short, but doable.
The 12s are great for me, but I don't have big hands.
15's would probably be a little better.

Thing is, for me, if I buy a 365 I can use 10's and it fits a pocket well.
A 12 or 15 can come along.
If I want to use a holster, the bigger mags fit right in.

An XL is always bigger.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
I've shot both. As much as I like the ergonomics on the 365, and it shoots a bit softer, I can't warm up to the Sig trigger on a carry gun. I got rid of a P320 for the same reason--it's just too light for me. It's like a single action w/out the safety. However, one might be able to get a 365 with a safety. I know you can with a P320. I love the sights on the Hellcat. Have you considered a 43X?

My first 365 was like this. Your post is the first I've seen out of hundreds to say the trigger on their gun was too light.
Mine actually doubled on me a couple of times. That's when I knew the trigger was too light for me.
When I posted about it online, I was told I needed training. mad

I sold it to a coworker who said he wouldn't mind the light trigger.
He doesn't shoot much but eventually he said it doubled on him.

I liked the design so much, I now have another one. The trigger on this one is very nice, but not "single action" light.
Can't make it double, no matter how hard I try.
I like it much better and is has now become my primary carry gun.

Sold my Shield and my G43. My G26 is now my truck gun, and backup to the home defense G19.

Last edited by mini14jac; 02/11/21.

<><
HE>i
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (007FJ, 257_X_50, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 257man, 58 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,643
Posts18,455,374
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.