Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
First time handling the SA - very thin grip like the Sig, I was surprised, nicer in person than pics to my hand. Nice sights.

Anyone used both? Pros/Cons? The Sig XL seems to be my pic of the 365s, but the little SA has a better slide release that my thumb will actually engage and better sights, in the ones I looked at.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Both are great guns... I considered both and finally got the Hellcat just because of the SUPERIOR sights that cowitness with the red dot.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just am not a springfield armory person, some are and some are not. The sig P365 is a very accurate 9mm and their service is good. I dropped mine on the rear sight and it took them about 8 days to replace and have it back in my hands. You wonder looking at the hellcat if the trigger is more glock like than anything else. I for one shoot the little sig a heck of a lot better than the g43 I owned, the shield I owned, and I shoot it better than a G19 I still own. If you can find one for rent would be the best deal, but personally I would probably not buy it anyway.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looking at both of those right now. Could go either direction and be happy. I have Sigs and Springfields.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
wish SIG had the same rear sight setup as the SA Hellcat....

SIG felt better in my hands.... I went 365

both are quality guns & should serve you well

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
In all fairness, I have no experience with the Hellcat. That said, I have had the 365 for over a year and I don't see how anything in that class could be any better. It's got a more solid feel to it than any polymer pistol of any kind that I've had any experience with. I find it comfortable to shoot and I can shoot it as well as most of my full-size pistols. When I look at it, I don't see how I can get my hands around it in any workable manner, but when I actually do, it's just great. It shoots a lot bigger than it carries.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've shot both. As much as I like the ergonomics on the 365, and it shoots a bit softer, I can't warm up to the Sig trigger on a carry gun. I got rid of a P320 for the same reason--it's just too light for me. It's like a single action w/out the safety. However, one might be able to get a 365 with a safety. I know you can with a P320. I love the sights on the Hellcat. Have you considered a 43X?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The safety is between your ears, keep your bugger picker off the bang switch until you are ready to fire. OTOH a heavy trigger will make you and probably any target you shoot at damn safe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just picked up a 365 Tacpac, which comes with three 12 rd mags. The plan is to change the base plates and run it with the XL grip module since the extended base plates on the standard 365 and the flat base plates on the XL are pretty much the same length.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
I've shot both. As much as I like the ergonomics on the 365, and it shoots a bit softer, I can't warm up to the Sig trigger on a carry gun. I got rid of a P320 for the same reason--it's just too light for me. It's like a single action w/out the safety. However, one might be able to get a 365 with a safety. I know you can with a P320. I love the sights on the Hellcat. Have you considered a 43X?

The quality of the P365 trigger is one of its best attributes

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a die hard Glock guy and have been for 30 years. I tried my friend's Hellcat and was damned impressed! Accurate and felt good in my hand. If i didn't already have a Glock 43, I'd buy one.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
With regard to triggers: I just got a brand new, Gen 5, Glock 34. The trigger is pretty damn good for a Glock. It's not on the same planet with my Sig 365.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The SA Hellcat has a possible problem with the trigger not being pulled back "straight" and having enough side to side motion, that it will possibly prevent the gun from discharging. I replicated the trigger problem. There are youtube videos on it. I shot the Hellcat and was impressed....but the trigger issue worries me. The people I know who own the 365 love them. I have only dry fired one. Some reports claim failures with 365 in 2000 rounds and need to be sent for repair? Im unsure if this is true but Sig quality control appears to have gone done the last several years.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948
In all fairness, I have no experience with the Hellcat. That said, I have had the 365 for over a year and I don't see how anything in that class could be any better. It's got a more solid feel to it than any polymer pistol of any kind that I've had any experience with. I find it comfortable to shoot and I can shoot it as well as most of my full-size pistols. When I look at it, I don't see how I can get my hands around it in any workable manner, but when I actually do, it's just great. It shoots a lot bigger than it carries.

If you want more solid feel in polymer pistol try time proven Glock 26.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Slavek

If you want a small pistol with high capacity, excellent accuracy with a great trigger for a striker fired pistol then get a Sig P365

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One's a Sig, the other is......well....... not.
The answer is obvious.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks guys, very good feedback everyone, appreciate it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek

My Glock 26 sits in the safe while I carry the Sig P365 every day. I would pull the 26 out of the safe only if I needed the durability that comes with Glocks. For 3 magazines and done, or even 20, the P365 is plenty. For 200 magazines with no cleaning, Glock.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Darn shame Glock wasn't smart enough to build the 26
with a 9mm scale slide, a metal magazine (without a fat
plastic wrapper), and scale the grip around that metal mag.

As popular as it was, imagine "A Glock 365" in the mid 90's?

Dumbasses still haven't figured it all out.
It took Shield building mags for their "single stack" guns
to get there.

And it's been obvious for decades.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

My Glock 26 sits in the safe while I carry the Sig P365 every day. I would pull the 26 out of the safe only if I needed the durability that comes with Glocks. For 3 magazines and done, or even 20, the P365 is plenty. For 200 magazines with no cleaning, Glock.[/quote]

Same here my Glock has sat in the safe since I bought the P365

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (450yukon, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 24 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,645
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.