Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
This is beyond stupid.

January 20, 2021 • Presidential Actions

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Like every nation, the United States has a right and a duty to secure its borders and protect its people against threats. But building a massive wall that spans the entire southern border is not a serious policy solution. It is a waste of money that diverts attention from genuine threats to our homeland security. My Administration is committed to ensuring that the United States has a comprehensive and humane immigration system that operates consistently with our Nation’s values. In furtherance of that commitment, I have determined that the declaration of a national emergency at our southern border in Proclamation 9844 of February 15, 2019 (Declaring a National Emergency Concerning the Southern Border of the United States), was unwarranted. It shall be the policy of my Administration that no more American taxpayer dollars be diverted to construct a border wall. I am also directing a careful review of all resources appropriated or redirected to construct a southern border wall.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 202 of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), hereby declare that the national emergency declared by Proclamation 9844, and continued on February 13, 2020 (85 Fed. Reg. 8715), and January 15, 2021, is terminated and that the authorities invoked in that proclamation will no longer be used to construct a wall at the southern border. I hereby further direct as follows:

Section 1. Pause in Construction and Obligation of Funds. (a) The Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, shall direct the appropriate officials within their respective departments to:

(i) pause work on each construction project on the southern border wall, to the extent permitted by law, as soon as possible but in no case later than seven days from the date of this proclamation, to permit:

(A) assessment of the legality of the funding and contracting methods used to construct the wall;

(B) assessment of the administrative and contractual consequences of ceasing each wall construction project; and

(C) completion and implementation of the plan developed in accordance with section 2 of this proclamation;

(ii) pause immediately the obligation of funds related to construction of the southern border wall, to the extent permitted by law; and

(iii) compile detailed information on all southern border wall construction contracts, the completion status of each wall construction project, and the funds used for wall construction since February 15, 2019, including directly appropriated funds and funds drawn from the Treasury Forfeiture Fund (31 U.S.C. 9705(g)(4)(B)), the Department of Defense Drug Interdiction and Counter-Drug Activities account (10 U.S.C. 284), and the Department of Defense Military Construction account (pursuant to the emergency authorities in 10 U.S.C. 2808(a) and 33 U.S.C. 2293(a)).

(b) The pause directed in subsection (a)(i) of this section shall apply to wall projects funded by redirected funds as well as wall projects funded by direct appropriations. The Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security may make an exception to the pause, however, for urgent measures needed to avert immediate physical dangers or where an exception is required to ensure that funds appropriated by the Congress fulfill their intended purpose.

Sec. 2. Plan for Redirecting Funding and Repurposing Contracts. The Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security, in coordination with the Secretary of the Treasury, the Attorney General, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, and the heads of any other appropriate executive departments and agencies, and in consultation with the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, shall develop a plan for the redirection of funds concerning the southern border wall, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law. The process of developing the plan shall include consideration of terminating or repurposing contracts with private contractors engaged in wall construction, while providing for the expenditure of any funds that the Congress expressly appropriated for wall construction, consistent with their appropriated purpose. The plan shall be developed within 60 days from the date of this proclamation. After the plan is developed, the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall take all appropriate steps to resume, modify, or terminate projects and to otherwise implement the plan.

Sec. 3. Definition. Consistent with Executive Order 13767 of January 25, 2017 (Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements), for the purposes of this proclamation, “wall” means a contiguous, physical wall or other similarly secure, contiguous, and impassable physical barrier.

Sec. 4. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this proclamation shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This proclamation shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This proclamation is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty-one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fifth.

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we had a supreme court which was not compromised we could prove biden is fake and illegitimate. He lacks the authority to do anything presidential.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hey, overt treason. In writing. Someone should do something about that. Perhaps someone in Law Enforcement, who took an oath to do that, and who gets paid from my unwilling contributions to do that. Hmm.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now we see if Republicans have the nuts to take it to court.

SCOTUS precedent (DACA) is that there has to be a reason to revoke previous EOs.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
So when is he going to do something that is NOT absolutely Stupid?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's all about shoring up the Democrat voter base. Hispanics vote Democrat, despite all the dumbazz insinuations here prior to the election that Trump was going to get 40-50% of their vote.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

SCOTUS precedent (DACA) is that there has to be a reason to revoke previous EOs.

Hunter needs drug money. Is that reason enough?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Not if a demrat does it!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey y'all. No worries. We'll get 'em next time. Vote straight Rep. 2022. Send some money to the NRA. The white hats are in charge.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Disgusting. He couldn’t be more obvious if he came out and said it. He’ll do and say anything for power and his handlers want the US overrun and ruined. Destroy the culture and pro constitutionalist voting block.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Disgusting. He couldn’t be more obvious if he came out and said it. He’ll [Biden] do and say anything for power and his handlers want the US overrun and ruined. Destroy the culture and pro constitutionalist voting block.

I do not think Biden knows what he is saying or doing. His Alzheimer's dementia is accelerating. It's his "handlers" who are writing whatever he signs, and coaching him on what to say and do. They are the evil ones who seek ultimate, unbridled power over the People of the U.S.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ALLongshot
So when is he going to do something that is NOT absolutely Stupid?

It ain't stupid. And don't imagine that Joe is making any decisions. This is a calculated, if blatant, overreach. As Burns said, the onus is on someone (anyone, really) to call him out.

I am tired of this whole bullshit. We all know he's a traitor. There are likely hundreds of pieces of physical evidence in the public record that prove he is guilty of High Treason. Isn't it time we skipped the back-and-forth nonsense coupled with the slow but inevitable encroaching tyranny?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
We know 11million are headed to the gates and he says Stand down and locks the National Guard in a parking Garage.

Brilliant

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Disgusting. He couldn’t be more obvious if he came out and said it. He’ll do and say anything for power and his handlers want the US overrun and ruined. Destroy the culture and pro constitutionalist voting block.

He’s just following the Halfican’s Plan to “fundamentaly” change America 😡

Seriously! Most of his appointments are former Obama minions! This is really the Halfican’s 3rd Term😡

Directed by George Soros, of course.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Disgusting. He couldn’t be more obvious if he came out and said it. He’ll [Biden] do and say anything for power and fhis handlers want the US overrun and ruined. Destroy the culture and pro constitutionalist voting block.

I do not think Biden knows what he is saying or doing. His Alzheimer's dementia is accelerating. It's his "handlers" who are writing whatever he signs, and coaching him on what to say and do. They are the evil ones who seek ultimate, unbridled power over the People of the U.S.

L.W.

PREZACTLY!

Biden’s fuggin Brain Dead !

Yesterday, when the Press quizzed him about his Covid Vaccine Rollout Plan, His response was:“ C’mone Man! “ 🤪
Then the stupid old bastard got up and walked away from the microphone.

I’m sure the Press Corps will be instructed not to ask Sleepy Uncle Joe any more “hard questions” at the Pressers.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/22/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
soros and obama are running the government again and this time they will destroy the country ASAP.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There were quite a few posters here that were against the wall anyways. This should make them happy.

MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
There were quite a few posters here that were against the wall anyways. This should make them happy.

Bet those dipschits don't live in Texas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'll predict that the R's don't have the sack.........................

Get ready; this is just the beginning. The border will be overwhelmed in a month.

MM

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Bet those dipschits don't live in Texas.

You'd lose that bet. The most vociferous ant-wall advocates (on here) were Tejanos.

MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

528 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 44 invisible), 1,901 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.