Midnight Sky is a feature movie of an apocalyptic future in 2049. It takes place in the Arctic north, a NASA weather and communications station and far out space in a gigantic space station. It stars George Clooney. (Yeah, I know about his far left politics but the video sent me by the studio was free so I watched it, having nothing better to do.)

Directed by Clooney, it basically has to do with the world having been destroyed, although the writer doesn't mention how. With the air being so poisonous the few survivors have to live underground. It is imperative that Clooney contact the space station which is returning to earth to tell them the situation and urge them to turn around and go back to a planet they'd been on which was a lot like earth. Start a new "civilization" better than the people on earth who screwed it all up.

Clooney is the only one left at the arctic station. Then Clooney finds a little girl who was ostensibly left behind when the station was hurriedly evacuated to get the people there to an underground protection shelter in Colorado. (??) He must try and contact the space station people but their comms system is screwed up. Lots and lots of dangers in space and in the Arctic. Clooney and the girl have to go on a snow machine to another radio station to try and reach the people in the space station. Bad bad Arctic storm provides many complications.

But even the underground shelters are temporary. Clooney has to try and protect the little girl. Clooney is dying because he was in a place where the air was poison but his mission is to contact the returning space station. A lot of metaphysical stuff and dream sequences, plus the usual politically correct casting. I found it slow and boring although some interesting CGI stuff. On a scale 1-10. I'd give it a "5."

P.S. - As this is a firearms site, you'll be happy to see that Clooney carries a Marlin 336 for protection against bad polar bears and such as that.

My opinion.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 01/22/21.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)