Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
More and more every day. Lots of people caught with their panties down needing ammo and supplies.

Last edited by hanco; 01/23/21.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've noticed that. It's getting about time I started unloading some of my horde.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
For the first time, I’m ok. I took note of the Obama scare and made myself buy various reloading components every now and then when I had the extra dough. I’m set to ride this out.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another possibility is that they are spending stimulus money so are less concerned with the level of value.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I'm a little suspicious when the ad says WTB for my kid or veteran or whatever.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

Want to buy for my kid who is a veteran and lost his Dad, wants to learn how to shoot.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Or their buying to resell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

YES..............I totally agree.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Or their buying to resell.

Good point. Buy here at honest price, sell elsewhere for profit.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I stocked after Obumer, but it's time to let go of stuff, I sold 3 rifles this last week to buy a pistol iv always wanted, so I'll move the brass, bullets ect on here, Not selling any powder or primers.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B3

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Godogs57
For the first time, I’m ok. I took note of the Obama scare and made myself buy various reloading components every now and then when I had the extra dough. I’m set to ride this out.

Me too, I can make it a good while, I feel for those who need things. I fear it’s gonna get worse.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wouldn’t be so bad if those fat fuggers wasn’t scooping up everything on the shelf to resale.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wasn't caught with my pants down on all the guns I own, went through my reloading stuff. I can load a couple thousand shotshells, a couple thousand rifle/pistol, even have casting molds and lead if needed.

I hadn't bought a different gun in a long time, I have enough even sold some 10 years ago... but... There was a 788 222 I decided I wanted and a 357 ruger blackhawk... now I need small rifle and small pistol primers, I didn't need them before, I have to admit I didn't know a 357 took different primers than my 45. I have powder that will work and found bullets, have a couple hundred factory rounds I plan to shoot and then reload the brass, found dies... No primers. I know enough guys I could beg a few hundred from when needed but I'd rather not deplete someone's stash if at all possible.

Now think of someone who is buying their first or a new gun and they aren't life long reloaders, what do they do for ammo, for a gun they never owned before.

How do you keep your pants up on that or have thought years ahead buying ammo for a gun you don't have.

I can see an issue coming soon on selling a used gun without ammo.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best thing I ever did, other than stack it deep, was buy an electronic trainer. It cuts my ammo consumption by at least 70%

Politics is War by Other Means
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Its not hoarding putting some up for a rainy day, or when you make a purchase to buy enough to make shipping charges worth while! What's really outlandish, is people shooting more than they have and then thinking everyone else should go out of their way to supply them when the market is empty... and then also to complain about having to pay market prices and heaven forbid shipping too. Why should anyone be shamed for thinking ahead? Wasting ammo is beyond my means, and if I have a caliber that I no longer use for now, I might in the future, and putting something on the shelf has no cost. Having to repurchase again later does.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I've noticed that. It's getting about time I started unloading some of my horde.

I was in a house last week for work,

Couldn't but help to not notice his loading bench in the basement,

My guess is I was looking at 20 thousand primers, most boxes were fairly new,

Unfortunately his health will prevent him from ever using those up, His kids might reload , who knows.....

I really do wonder whats all stashed out there.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I am in the WTB category despite stocking up on components. Problem is my wife bought me a 308 Win for Christmas and I have never shot or loaded for that caliber. It has been hard getting components to shoot it and loaded ammo is seriously over priced right now. I have found brass and bullets and I have plenty of primers but what is killing me is getting powder. All the powder I have is too slow burning for the 308. Been loading 7mm Mag and 375 H&H for decades and can load for those for at least 5 years. But those powders are not usable in the smaller case.

So, in my case it isn't about getting caught unaware, I never had the need to buy anything or the 308 until now.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Veteran chit don’t fly with me.

Ernie the E-4 should’ve been buying ammo instead taking fat bitches out to eat and spending his disposable income on cheap vodka and a crotch rocket payment and Rent-a-Center leather sectional pimp couch.

Should be more in-tuned with the winds of change than Backhoe Joe and Bubba deer hunter.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Was wanting to experiment/ test some.new watwrfowl and turkey stuff ( gonna put an optic on my turkey gun ).

None of the new ammo around.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
WTB or want for nothing? I used to reply to the want to buys.Almost always on guns and scopes it was some ridiculous low ball offer.I have plenty of reloading supplies I've sold some primers,bullets and loaded ammo to friends at whatever the current Midway price is.Anybody I don't know it will be whatever I can get.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,903 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,019
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.