Print Thread
Hop To
D
Deans Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
ISO for an outfitter in Texas that offers hunts for CM whitetail deer.

TIA

Deans

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Desert Safaris LLC....I think they do......

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Desert Safaris doesn’t but look into Backcountry hunts/Steve Jones.

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
D
Deans Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks NMpistolero. I have contacted Backcountry Hunts today and Steve will be sending information. I was checking to see if there were other outfitters that offered CM whitetail hunts.

Deans

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There are several in Mexico, no first hand experience though.

IC B2

D
Deans Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks DBoston. I prefer to stay out of Mexico when hunting.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Magnum outfitters in Edorado has some places to hunt in West Texas or can advise you who does. The Fantails as we cal them here have an extremely limited range, mostly the Oak and Pinon canyons over 4,000 feet elevation. In some areas they interbreed with the Texanis white tails which would some what diminish the experience for me. He doesn't list Carmen Mt. deer but probably can help you out if not provide a hunt. https://www.magnumguide.com/?aspxerrorpath=/magnumguideservice/default.aspx

Numbers are much higher in Mexico and I had a great hunt a year ago and will do it again post pandemic. With a good outfitter there are few problems.

There is also a guy who posts on here as Muley Mike and he has places on both sides of the border and maybe some Carmen possibilities too.

D
Deans Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Just now saw your post. I have contacted MM and he gave me Backcountry Hunts number. I will check with Magnum Guide. Thanks for your help.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Check with Wade Derby of Cross Hair Consulting. Wade is the best of the best, and a member here.

D
Deans Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Check with Wade Derby of Cross Hair Consulting. Wade is the best of the best, and a member here.

Thanks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm following this closely, also Interested in Carmen Mountain WT, I would actually prefer to hunt Mexico but with the pandemic, ,,, Just a PITA.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
After a vaccination I would be Ok in Mexico and am planning a bird hunt for next summer. The Mountains south of Sanderson Tx. in Mexico are higher and have more Carmen Mt. deer habitat than Texas. They seem to run larger too. Since that is mule deer country you do not get as many hybrids like some places in Tx. If you go really check out your outfitter, one that had a good reputation was busted for importing drugs last year.

I would check with the Dallas Safari club as they weed out the bad operators usually.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.