B
B
I have a volume #5 if interested.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bergy1967
I have a volume #5 if interested.

I might be interested. PM me what you want for it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have to admit to being a Steve Timm fan, too. I covet that blue 223AI of his! I miss him here, too. He (Dogzapper) and Mule Deer have always been my favorite posters.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I have back issues

When I sell stuff...

I'll usually just throw in one of the back issues

with the product I sold......nice guy eh ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hellgate: I also was a very early charter and life member (#185) of the Varmint Hunter Association and of course have the complete collection of Varmint Hunter magazines (including two Issue #1's) tucked safely away in my library/office.
I also have quite a few issues of the predecessor magazine to Varmint Hunter which was called "Varmint Hunters International" - I have gleaned an immense amount of information and valuable destination info from both magazines and was sad to see the demise of the Varmint Hunters Association and the end of the magazine. I only got to attend two of the annual jamborees/shoots/conventions - great fun and great times those.
I also looked forward every few months for the latest issue to arrive and enjoyed SO very much Steve Timms articles/writings and photographs.
I fondly remember taking some time away from the Portland, Oregon gunshow and taking both Steve Timm and Darrell Holland out to lunch!
What a pleasant visit that was.
At one time I was contemplating selling my complete collection of Varmint Hunter and Varmint Hunters International magazines - I am glad today that I did not.
From time to time I get out an issue and re-read many of the articles and enjoy the pictures and especially Steve Timms treatises - something, sadly, I can no longer say about today's latest crop of "outdoor writers"/magazines!
I say (to the original poster) save those magazines.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Ehh VG hows about "Prairie Dog News" Ned Kalbfleish editor? Can't remember at work now. Those were the days...

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I loved Steve Timms articles. Have a big pile of most of the issues at the cabin and always read some of them when I’m back there.
Also liked fur,fish and game and Marty meierotto’s articles.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
LP Brezny was, (and probably still is), a blowhard.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Sscoyote: Yes I learned MANY a nifty place to chase Colony Varmints from the original "Varmint Hunters International" magazine - I believe they were edited/published by Michael Comstock and Sam Landis.
If I recall correctly there was a legal tiff of some civil kind that resulted in the "consolidation" of two quarrelers and Ned Kalbfleish became editor of the "Varmint Hunters Magazine"?
Winter of 1992 was a long time ago for me trying to recollect exactly went down back and just before then.
Met Ned a couple of times back in South Dakota at some Varmint Hunter Conventions great guy.
And used to trade guns and "stories" with Steve Timm way back when - his articles were FIRST RATE!
I still covet his Ramshorn handled Hunting knife!
Sad that the magazine went away.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Craigster
LP Brezny was, (and probably still is), a blowhard.

And a d-bag....tough to wade through his babble......

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
VHA was a great magazine. I came across one of my patches in the reloading room a few weeks back. I joined somewhere around issue #16 and quickly bought as many back issues as I could. I never did find the first three issues and a handful of others I was on the lookout for. I wish I could have. Like others have mentioned, I too drifted off a couple years after Steve Timm left. I have done a lot of technical writing in the past, but Steve was, still is I would bet, a true artist when it comes to the printed word! I had always wanted to attend a varmint safari but I was in my early 30s then with a young family, just starting a career, and not a lot of money. As the saying goes, that’s life.

Steve, do you still write these days? All the best to you and yours and thanks!

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 02/14/21.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.