Campfire Regular
Are they?

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No they are not.

I have been through 4-5 consultant led MB teamwork/leadership sessions. These groups were 15-25 folks who were working with one another on a daily basis.

The assessments and descriptions were remarkably accurate. Helped, us understand “the other guy.”

Not BS....

INTJ.....here

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems legit to me. It isn’t proclaiming to give an an IQ score or solve the world’s problems. It’s just a good indicator of where you fall on a quadrant based on beliefs.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yes they are.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Never heard of them.

That being said, my personality is hard to fit in a box.

Last edited by Valsdad; 01/23/21.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Said i was a leader and people person....so proly BS.

LMFAO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is some validity. but, tomorrow a guy can change one answer and it could come out differently.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No idea.

Now thast I know mine....
I'm still hungry and don't know what im eating for supper.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Will take the lead at work, or not. Depends on what needs done I reckon.

People....most suck. Can work with anybody, doesnt mean I like em.

Test IMHO is fluff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In a nutshell:

Extraversion vs. Introversion (E vs. I) describes how a person gets energized
Sensing vs. Intuition (S vs. N) describes how a person takes in information
Thinking vs. Feeling (T vs. F) describes the means a person uses to make decisions
Judging vs. Perceiving (J vs. P) describes the speed with which a person makes decisions

Some tests that purport to measure Myers-Briggs indicators are less accurate or less detailed than others but the indicators themselves are neutral, they just show where you fall on a sliding scale for each category. For instance, someone could be 20% introvert and 80% extrovert, it just means they are more extroverted than someone who might measure 40/60 or 80/20.

There are several free tests online, most folks who take them recognize themselves in the descriptions of the results although a lot of the more casual descriptions are too broad and don't take in the nuances of four sliding scales interacting.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I was rained I administer and interpret. Results can vary widely for the same person from day to day and situation to situaton. Social Styles inventory is more accurate as results are obtained from observations made by work, social, and other associates. Driver driver here.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i think if you need one of those 5 minute tests to tell you what kind of person you are, you aren't paying attention. and frankly what good does it do to know how some egghead psychiatrist classifies you? but its amusing i will admit. what it told me is exactly what i already knew.

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They explain a person's tendency but they should define who you are.

As stated in the other thread - I know people with advanced degrees in psychology and organizational psychology, one of whom I spoke with last night about this subject.

He happened to do his graduate work on them.

Feeling is - they are good at discerning a person's tendencies and overall disposition but are not hard/rigid boxes that people either fit in or don't. They have value and are useful for his research- consumer products company with global reach.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Never heard of them.

That being said, my personality is hard to fit in a box.

Lol, You got that right Geno!! grin

I think the only ones that need to "Understand the other guy" are the none dominant personalities, us dominant ones just don't give a fuqk.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As a life long INTJ I’d say no they aren’t BS.

I’ve been to classes that kinda broke the system down into 4 color groups and it is amazing how we fit into a box.

Even where you sit can be explained by your personality type.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 01/24/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hookeye
Will take the lead at work, or not. Depends on what needs done I reckon.

People....most suck. Can work with anybody, doesnt mean I like em.

Test IMHO is fluff

The "New" Personnel Manager at work wanted to do one of these stupid tests and got pissed when I said it was a stupid idea, she says,"We all just want to get along and work better together"

I say "we're all adults now and we need to grow up and learn to get along and work together", Lol, of course the room is filled with young want to do nothings.

The whole problem is young want to do nothings don't like being told they have to do something.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They’re legit. It’s a good way to understand why you do what you do and how you do it. Certain people are better at certain tasks just because the way they tackle them. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses never hurts.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Never heard of it till I tried it on the other thread, accurate in a general sort of way.

My personality is I'd rather be alone, but we live in a society of people, family. I can fully function in any environment socially, have responsibilities in those social settings I take seriously and strive to do my best in.

But I'd always rather be alone if given the choice.

Wife has always said her and the kids saved me from being a hermit, living in a cabin in the woods...

... well thanks a hell of a lot...

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
As a life long INTJ I’d say no they aren’t BS.

I’ve been to classes that kinda broke the system down into 4 color groups and it is amazing how we fit into a box.

Even where you sit can be explained by your personality type.

Myself too, an INTJ
I’ve always wondered why I painfully over analyze consequences to an event or planned event or a project.

Whereas my bud Renegade, ISTP will go in like Lerooooyy Jeeeenkins!!! On a deer thicket 😃
No really, but I know gets annoyed at me over thinking a lot of things.

Funny thing though about the planning part, I absolutely hate Ching Chong Chang’s instructions on putting something together.

First thing I do is kick them across the floor

My wife and built our home (we physically built it). Not with an “architect” or a lardass in a red Z-71 contractor. I laid it out on a Hardees’s bag, figured up all lumber.

I see someone on here build a shooting house or deer blind ir a gazebo and another member will swoon “man did you have blue prints you could share ?? “

Blue prints or plans for an elevated deer blind?? Seriously laughing. Did they never build a tree house when they were 10 years old?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (16Racing, 163bc, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 54 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,673
Posts18,456,052
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.