Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Can’t recall since it’s been 65 years since I was on the playground.. are you going to backtrack on your ugly women/blind croc idiocy?? HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO AFRICA? Stupid is as stupid does....

BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jdollar
No surprise, I guess, that stupidity and racism is alive and well here, especially from those who have no firsthand knowledge of the actual, on- the ground situation. For example, are you going to dig a well by hand if the water table is 200’ down? Are you going to kill every croc within 10 miles from a dugout canoe with a spear- hint, firearms are illegal for villagers in most countries. Simple first world solutions don’t work in third world countries. And the stupid blind croc/ ugly women just proves my point.....

Frontier America in 1817 was “first world”? Chicken wire and fence posts illegal too?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No surprise, I guess, that stupidity and racism is alive and well here, especially from those who have no firsthand knowledge of the actual, on- the ground situation. For example, are you going to dig a well by hand if the water table is 200’ down? Are you going to kill every croc within 10 miles from a dugout canoe with a spear- hint, firearms are illegal for villagers in most countries. Simple first world solutions don’t work in third world countries. And the stupid blind croc/ ugly women just proves my point.....

Racism?

I'll tell you how I'm going to get a 225' well. I'm going to hire Merle to do it, because he has the equipment. I can do that because I live in the First World, where white people live. You know, those white people who make precision heavy equipment, so that they can have water without having to go to the river. Is the reason black people don't just call Umbugwe in the next village to come and sink a well racism? Or is it that Sub-Saharan Africans are fuucking dumb compared to whites, and they wouldn't know how to run or even maintain the equipment if it was given to them, and then demonstrated repeatedly? Is it racist to even suggest such things? NO. It's called realism. It's called having an understanding of facts, history, biology, and basic intelligence.

Fuuck off with your racism bullshit. There was not a single building more than one story tall in Africa until white people showed up and built it.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I rest my case. Racism is alive and well here. Rural Africans don’t have electricity much less the money to hire a well driller. Even if they did, how will they power it? It takes more money they don’t have to pay for solar panels for power. Then, of course, who pays for replacing things when elephants destroy them. Stupid comments from stupid people with NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF REAL WORLD CONDITIONS......

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I rest my case. Racism is alive and well here. Rural Africans don’t have electricity much less the money to hire a well driller. Even if they did, how will they power it? It takes more money they don’t have to pay for solar panels for power. Then, of course, who pays for replacing things when elephants destroy them. Stupid comments from stupid people with NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF REAL WORLD CONDITIONS......

Ah, I see the problem...we didn't realise you were referencing Wakanda.

Our mistake.

added, and before you raise your virtue signalling to a new level it may interest you to know I have a touch of the tar-brush, so you may feel free to stick your touchy-feely lefty crap up your arse.

Last edited by JSTUART; 01/22/21.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Lefty crap? That’s strange, I voted for Trump twice. And I have no idea where Wakanda is......

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Spent some years in sub Saharan Africa for work. Got to know some funny, clever, intelligent people. Plenty of dumb folks as well. Just like over here...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Pretty much the same as everywhere.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
There was not a single building more than one story tall in Africa until white people showed up and built it.

Umm... The Nubian and Egyptian pyramids? Abu Simbel? The Temple of Yeha? Great Zimbabwe?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems logical to dig a small side channel and construct a protected sump you could draw water from, keep the sharp teeth at a distance.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
In 1817 in rural southern US, white men had guns and tools like shovels to dig a well near their house for fresh water. Usually they built a roof with a rope to lower someone down to dig and use a bucket with a hand crank to bring up the dirt and dump it. Lower down the bucket again until they had enough water to draw up buckets with water. I've seen this done in the 1970's at a church by members of the church one dry summer to get the well deeper. They used a little guy in the well with a rope in case of cave in. Once they got a few feet of water, they let the dirty water settle a few days before drawing water. White men had sense to dig wells for settlers near their homes or even in a fort if the settlers had to retreat to a fort in case of Indian attacks. Wells were dug for centuries by white men.

Egyptian culture was white middle eastern men. The further away from the middle east, India, or China man was, the more primitive he was, until civilization spread. However, the American Indians developed the Aztec, Maya, and Inca cultures with stone cities like early civilized man did. The sub-Saharan Africans never developed large stone cities, the wheel, but they did learn to smelt iron for weapons. Africa is a large plateau with waterfalls on the rivers near coastal areas. Thus civilized man couldn't go too far inland without dense jungles, or hostile natives attacking, malaria, and large dangerous animals. It wasn't until the 1800's that civilized men ventured inland from the coasts.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You might want to research the Great Zimbabwe ruins. It was a stone city housing between 10,000 to 18,000 people, built between 1100 and 1500 and made entirely of stone blocks expertly positioned without mortar. It was the largest in Southern Africa but there were several other smaller stone cities from this era. They contained artifacts showing the people there traded with both China and Arabia. It was first seen by white men( Portuguese) in about 1530.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Am I the only one that cracks up every time you read the thread title?

“Are there lots of black people in Africa?“ 😂

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I’m with you. Some really ignorant people have posted on this thread. “It is better to close your mouth and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Originally Posted by hanco
What I mean is, do you see any white people at all there??? What are the conditions there?

Of course their are white people in Africa. We whites love travelling to every part of the world including Africa.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Are there a lot of Asians in Asia? grin

Are there a lot of Bolivians in Bolivia?

Are there a lot of idiots in the progessive movement?

Some questions answer themselves.

Are there a lot of whites in Europe?

Arise America...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by undisputedshotz
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Are there a lot of Asians in Asia? grin

Are there a lot of Bolivians in Bolivia?

Are there a lot of idiots in the progessive movement?

Some questions answer themselves.

Are there a lot of whites in Europe?

Not so easy to answer with confidence nowadays.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
You might want to research the Great Zimbabwe ruins. It was a stone city housing between 10,000 to 18,000 people, built between 1100 and 1500 and made entirely of stone blocks expertly positioned without mortar. It was the largest in Southern Africa but there were several other smaller stone cities from this era. They contained artifacts showing the people there traded with both China and Arabia. It was first seen by white men( Portuguese) in about 1530.

This is true. However, Geat Zimbabwe was as nothing compared with the ancient structures in Europe. Consider the Roman Empire with temples and buildings still standing, aquaducts still in use, and paved roads leading throughout the empire. And the Romans knew how to make concrete and glass. Also, Rome wasn't abandoned. One reason we know so little about Gret Zimbabwe is that Africans didn't know how to read and write.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The post I referred to was by Dixie Dude. He stated that no stone structures existed south of the Sahara and that white people didn’t penetrate the interior of the region until the mid 1800’s. That is simply not true in either instance. The Great Zimbabwe ruins certainly don’t rival Ancient Rome , Greece, or anywhere in the Middle East. But they exist. And Dutch settlers landed in South Africa and moved inland in the 1600’s as did the Portuguese in Mozambique.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
92 members (257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 16 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 649 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,741
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.