Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Does it come out with a category similar to the aptitude test I once took.

It said I should find work as a backcountry forest ranger, cattleman, game warden, and such.

In other words..................................doesn't always work well with others, give him a job to do and leave his ass alone.

I had these same issues in 1,2,3 grades. The nuns couldn't change me, so I guess that's what we gots here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
ISTJ-A

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
INTP-A, whatever hell that means.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Psychotic Barbarian

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Deplorable

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
defender

GOA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It was very interesting, I'm a Logistician-A, wife of 42 years is an Adventurer-T. Many parts are very scary accurate. Others not so much. Seemed to have worked out however. We have raised two great kids and we are still together.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Does it come out with a category similar to the aptitude test I once took.

It said I should find work as a backcountry forest ranger, cattleman, game warden, and such.

In other words..................................doesn't always work well with others, give him a job to do and leave his ass alone.

I had these same issues in 1,2,3 grades. The nuns couldn't change me, so I guess that's what we gots here.

I'm lucky I've been able to work mostly by myself, at my age I'm not here to teach someone that won't learn or listen to someone's bullchit all day. I'm there to get the F'n job done. I have 3 contractors I do piece work for, the main one I do his foundations, footings then stem walls. Foundations are the chit end of the stick and I didn't think I'd end my career on them but for some reason they don't hurt my body as bad as bent over setting flatwork, pounding in stakes. Or finishing, bent over rodding, constant shoulder motion. Anyway, carrying 70lb panels is easy enough and I can set them in place standing up. I only have to bend over a couple hours per footing and then stem to tie the rebar in.

My buddy had a mexican crew do his stems for years, he does 2 to 4 houses a month so paid them to do his when they could. There was 5 guys and they could set a stem in a day, then after inspection would pour the concrete an afternoon, usually the next day. They screwed up enough stems that my buddy asked me to do them. He pays me the same as that crew per house. The only help he supplies is an hour of pouring the footing and same for the stem. I can set an average 250 lin ft house in a day plus the next morning before inspection and often can pour the same afternoon if the inspector comes before noon. 3 days on a big house... I wouldn't do it if I didn't get paid the same as the mex crew or just wages.

Every time at first when the general building the house saw I was a 1 man crew they were skeptical, then soon were happy when their framers said how bullet proof those foundations were and easy to build on. I might take a day longer on bigger houses but they don't gripe.

So like this job I did this week, the homeowner is a retired contractor from Oregon, nice enough guy but wants to talk shop... dude I have to work, no time for chit chat... he knew the drill cause I did a big RV garage on the house he bought, he's building a large house to sell now. His son comes from Oregon with the kids to help build the house, it's next door so he comes over all the time.

We do it this way in Oregon, why do you do it that way? like 10 different things from the footing to the walls... and where's all your help... I work by myself... it'll take you 2 weeks... nope 2 days... well in Oregon... they aren't me, I cut him off. I just kept working and hammering till he finally got the point and left.

You don't have to be a rancher, farmer, forest ranger ect to work by yourself, you can be grouchy and run folks off.

Kent

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One has to find their niche. Mine is Project Engineering for radio, satellite, and TV systems.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Kent, my last job before retirement involved a lot of time spent on barges, taking care of fish and the pumps that kept the fish alive. And living on a tug that pushed the barges. The tugs had 4 in the crew, basically 2 working and 2 in their racks. Me, I had to check the fish on a particular schedule on the two day trip downriver, but that was all I had to live with. Eat with the crew at 0600, 1200, 1800. On the 2 day trip back up I had things that needed done and it was my choice as to how and when to do them. This went on from late April through August. The rest of the 8 months I worked every year I preferred to work the 1800-0600 shift so there was only me at the facility to do the work properly without interference from the bosses etc, of if not doing that job just please set me up on a barge alone to do maintenance while they weren't moving fish.

It fit my requirements quite nicely for the most part.

Glad you found a workable solution to life too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ya, my buddy has to have a hip replaced in a couple weeks, he turns 65 next november and for some reason thinks he needs to keep contracting till he can get on medicare. I've told him to quit, he's worth a couple million, can barely walk, can't stay away from the job, grab a shovel, rod a floor, pour a small chit job in the dyke trailer park... yes there are dyke only trailer parks... he's got it in his head he has to get to medicare.

I told him I'd do his foundations till then and the longest I'd go is the following april when I turned 65, then the wife and I are loading the 5th wheel and heading out each summer. I may work some during the winters but no more summers.

The only reason I still walk on the jobsite is cause I still can, like an old fighter that won't hang them up... I'd just get fat and old and wish I could instead of... 'I can'.

Kent

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep, 66 in March, I am done. Time to enjoy what I have left of life. Second 20 after the Navy.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
ESFJ-T

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
INTJ-T

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Elitist Lib females drunk on white wine ...

I know you are, but what am I?

Your hippie mommy's failed abortion?

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Yep, 66 in March, I am done. Time to enjoy what I have left of life. Second 20 after the Navy.

congrats on the success.

In it is contentment

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yes good show.

I'm afraid if I retire I'll be admittedly old.

I'll just ride the economy out, last boom and all. If I didn't work another day I'm fine with it and as long as I can I'm fine with it.

Kent

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
ENFP-A

4 hrs later after caffeine

Type “The Entertainer” (ESFP-A)
Traits
Extraverted - 53%
Observant - 59%
Feeling - 51%
Prospecting - 57%
Assertive - 54%
Role Explorer
Strategy People Mastery

Last edited by lapua6547; 01/24/21.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So far I have had four different results so I read up on it, it is a bullshit premise that changes with situational variance.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Architect: INTJ-A

The personality profile is scary accurate.

Architect
INTJ-A
Analyst
Confident Individualism
17%
83%
EXTRAVERTED
INTROVERTED
53%
47%
INTUITIVE
OBSERVANT
78%
22%
THINKING
FEELING
79%
21%
JUDGING
PROSPECTING
65%
35%
ASSERTIVE
TURBULENT

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.