Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Where did you get that Toby?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Then go put one on, and go lick the toilet bowl at the truck stop bathroom.

While I am sure you have an alternate truck-stop-bathroom fantasy ready to go, this one doesn't work because it isn't physically possible to lick anything other than the inside of the mask while wearing something EN 143 certified.

Which you would know if you had any idea what you are talking about. But thank you for providing an example of why it isn't a good idea to take advice from ignorant people.

Speaking of ignorant people, you don't know the difference between a mask and a respirator... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This virus has split everyone into one of two
ideologically militant camps.

It seems few people are capable of sorting the information
and coming to a rational conclusion.

You have to start with recognizing that life isn't 100%.
Only death is. Eventually. Sometimes, dead is even hard
to nail down. Almost? Essentially?

So, yes masks are effective. They do reduce risk of infection.
Some more than others. Again, none are 100%

No, wearing one doesn't insure you won't spread it.
And even the best ones will not give you much protection.

I have access to N95's through work, along with respirators
that filter out chemical fumes. We have a microbiologist
working there. He tells me our respirators are no better than
makeshift cloth masks. That while they filter out fumes, viruses
are significantly smaller. And that N95's are only effective due
to the convoluted pathways through them. That while they are
large enough to pass viruses, they are so twisty that viruses get
stuck hitting the walls on the way through. Which means, you
are relying on chance.

Which is life.

Personally, I wear a mask into militant stores, usually.
And many others. The front is where people congregate.
Usually, I take it off then. Most places aren't crowded inside.
Then put it on to check out.

#1, Respect.
To the poor bastards that work there and are
forced to wear the dam things all day. (My wife is one of them
and it annoys her that people won't recognize this)

#2 I would rather not get into the fight with employees.
Customers IDGAF about. Although nobody,has said anything.
Except an old crone at Wal-Mart when I showed her my mask at the
door as I was going to put it on. She asked why it wasn't on.
It went right back in my pocket!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The virus is pandemic today today because governments didn't have the balls to stop flights to their respective countries from China or, later on, from Italy or Iran.Later yet, they didn't have the balls to say, "If you fly in, you will quarantine in that handy dandy stockade you see here, for 15 days. You won't have to worry about that though because nobody will be flying."
Even now, with the certain knowledge that the virus travels just fine on a plane, people are allowed to travel into various countries as long as they do so by air. That's right; they can gather together in airports, stand in line ups, get crammed into a flying incubator, and we'll welcome them with open arms. They cannot, however, travel in a car, isolated from their fellow travellers. Honest to God, when I turn on the TV, I could easily be convinced people had agreed on a lobotomy as a way to control the spread. The sad thing is, in this particular instance, TV is truly reflective of society in general.
In a nearby village, there are two women who, for years, have walked around the block together while talking about whatever inanities old women might talk about. They still walk around the block but now, in the name of social distancing, they walk on opposite side of the road. Now, there is very little possibility that either of these old cluckers has the virus. If they did, we would know because they would likely kick the bucket. Nonetheless, they no longer walk side by side because they've been led to believe that maintaining some distance will keep them safe.
I hasten to add; if you maintain distance from people you don't know, it makes sense. Most people aren't that likable anyway. Wearing a mask is something you can do to provide yourself and others with a false sense of security when you are too dumb to stay apart; like when you fly on a plane or march in a riot. They also help to protect your identity when you burn down the local Toys R Us because Barbie dolls objectify women. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by 12344mag
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Where did you get that Toby?

I got one on the way for ya Boss.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Speaking of ignorant people, you don't know the difference between a mask and a respirator... smile

Sure I do. There are plenty of EN 143 compliant masks, as well as masks that comply with other standards that require filtration of virus sized particles. I've worn several different ones out to stores since this all kicked off, as a LARP and because I can.

Here is a handy guide for you: If you think there is anything on this planet that you know that I don't know, think again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Here is a handy guide for you: If you think there is anything on this planet that you know that I don't know, think again.

Well, you ought to be a multi billionaire then. Right?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, you ought to be a multi billionaire then. Right?

It is likely that our principles and objectives differ significantly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Particle size, filter media hole size, bypass. It really is that simple. Even HEPA filtration is not 100% first pass capture. There are filtration test reports available. Really no need to guess.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If we could just flatten the curve......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by goalie
Any "mask" that is dense enough to stop a virus, also won't let enough air through for you to live on.

About Jr. High, we learned a virus is so small it can pass through an unglazed China plate.

Trying to stop a virus with any face mask you can breathe through is like putting a screen door on a submarine.

The virus needs to be on something you breathe out to move around. Hence droplet precautions working.

Again, how can I use VAPOR filters in my shop to weld galvanized if we don't have masks that stop droplet or airborne?

😂

If you go into a store and grab a good to buy that half a dozen people touched before you, it doesn't matter how many masks you're wearing. If you go into a restaurant and sit at a table where a dozen people sat earlier that same day, it doesn't matter if you have a helmet with a respirator on. There is no way to prevent the spread of a virus in the globally conjoined world we live in today. All of these measures are bullshit. Every single one of them does literally nothing. That isn't what they are for. They are for exactly what they are doing: destroying small business, weakening the economy, putting people in a state of fear and distrust of their fellow man (seeing each other as "dirty"), getting people to submit to utterly tyrannical mandates against their own interests, and simply getting people to comply with nonsense policies. It's all about control. And it is working well. To the point that people discard reason in favor of fear.

I don't think stuff should have closed, other than situationally hospitals to elective procedures dependent on ICU bed availability. We've had to stop elective procedures for maybe 3.5-4 weeks total in the last 11 months.

The other thing is masks don't do much if you touch your face, especially without washing your hands.

Proper hand washing is #1. Don't touch your face until you wash your hands.

I get that people are pissed about the control BS, I know I am. But acting like masks do nothing is no less retarded than closing down some businesses while leaving huge box stores open.

FWIW, I've said since day one that everything should be open, and let people self isolate if they are high risk or scared.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There's a whole lot of people acting like all masks are equal.

We wear fitted N95s or PAPR with + patients, depending on what we're doing.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the camo gator i wear probably doesn't do schit but it at least makes me somewhat unrecognizable which i kind of like when going to stores. cuts down on the small talk with people i usually feel obligated to recognize.

My diploma is a DD214
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You're on a fools errand trying to reason with the mask believers. They're convinced they're going to wake up dead every day.

I had no idea just how many stupid fuqs were among us until the virus and mask debate became a thing.

Last edited by copperking81; 01/24/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Particle size, filter media hole size, bypass. It really is that simple. Even HEPA filtration is not 100% first pass capture. There are filtration test reports available. Really no need to guess.

If masked really worked and the only objective of the government was to require mask to stop the spread of the virus why hasn’t the government issued strict mask standards for the type of mask warn? The government In Michigan and every other states and now Biden’s federal land “mask mandates” have zero guidelines for the type of mask. It can be a gas mask, a bandanna or anything in between and the government doesn’t care because it’s about compliance and control not mask effectiveness.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What's worse than masks are surgical gloves worn by people who prepare our food. That's far worse than not wearing them. Think about it. When you don't wear gloves, you're aware of whether or not you need to wash or disinfect your hands, and do so frequently. When you wear gloves, the most it will do for you is give you a false sense of security against germs. The reality is, however, that since you're not washing or disinfecting your gloved hand, you are now MUCH more likely to have germs on your hands when you are preparing people's food.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had fun telling the born again types that the mask is the mark of the beast,

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by toad
Why do vaccinated people need to wear masks?
Covid survivors?
Compliance...

Yup, people just don't get it. Just do what your governors tell you. They're always right

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Any "mask" that is dense enough to stop a virus, also won't let enough air through for you to live on.

About Jr. High, we learned a virus is so small it can pass through an unglazed China plate.

Trying to stop a virus with any face mask you can breathe through is like putting a screen door on a submarine.

The virus needs to be on something you breathe out to move around. Hence droplet precautions working.

Again, how can I use VAPOR filters in my shop to weld galvanized if we don't have masks that stop droplet or airborne?

😂

If you go into a store and grab a good to buy that half a dozen people touched before you, it doesn't matter how many masks you're wearing. If you go into a restaurant and sit at a table where a dozen people sat earlier that same day, it doesn't matter if you have a helmet with a respirator on. There is no way to prevent the spread of a virus in the globally conjoined world we live in today. All of these measures are bullshit. Every single one of them does literally nothing. That isn't what they are for. They are for exactly what they are doing: destroying small business, weakening the economy, putting people in a state of fear and distrust of their fellow man (seeing each other as "dirty"), getting people to submit to utterly tyrannical mandates against their own interests, and simply getting people to comply with nonsense policies. It's all about control. And it is working well. To the point that people discard reason in favor of fear.

I don't think stuff should have closed, other than situationally hospitals to elective procedures dependent on ICU bed availability. We've had to stop elective procedures for maybe 3.5-4 weeks total in the last 11 months.

The other thing is masks don't do much if you touch your face, especially without washing your hands.

Proper hand washing is #1. Don't touch your face until you wash your hands.

I get that people are pissed about the control BS, I know I am. But acting like masks do nothing is no less retarded than closing down some businesses while leaving huge box stores open.

FWIW, I've said since day one that everything should be open, and let people self isolate if they are high risk or scared.

I agree with you. And what you suggest would have been the logical, rational approach. Just like letting the people who want to wear masks wear them. And because the logical, rational approach was utterly ditched for blatantly fabricated numbers, endless fearmongering, mask mandates, shutting down businesses while letting others continue to stay open, restricting the movement and interactions of people (moreso in other nations than the US), and destroying or crippling whole sectors of the economies of many States, I know it was never about health or safety or any virus. It is about compliance, chipping away at freedom and autonomy and self-sufficiency, and rigging the economy further toward a centralized and utterly controlled one.

Hell, even the "covid relief bills" have little to do with covid or fiscal relief, but they do further undermine the Dollar while placating just enough people who want the "free" money, and slowly create more reliance on government handouts. It's all a farce.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Viruses don't just float around by themselves, they need to attach to something and that is a water vapor droplet i.e. respiration. Cotton will hold 27 times its own weight in water and it is the reason that a cotton mask will trap a virus laden water droplet before it even gets from me to you and vice versa. It is the same reason that you are wearing a cotton undershirt right now or sleeping on a cotton bed sheet. A cotton mask isn't a political statement, it's an IQ test.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
94 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 7887mm08, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,766
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.