Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Thinking about getting a Knight Ultra Lite. Looking at the stock in photos, it appears that the comb is low and set up for open sight use. I would use a scope and wonder if the stock has a decent cheek weld for scope use. Is the stock comb too low? There aren’t any around here to handle in person.

Interested in any other feedback on this model. Currently have a T/C Triumph but would like a better trigger and better lock time.

Thanks,

Tom

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It fits me just fine.

I strongly recommend you order through Midway for a good discount and that you order the Colorado-legal model with sights. The Western model has sights, but isn’t d&t’d for scope mounts. I got the Nitride over SS too. If you get one without sights and decide to go someplace with restrictions, it’ll cost a bunch to mount them. Midway passes your order to Knight and they drop-ship the rifle to you.

I used a rail on my current one for maximum flexibility. Conversions are available to let you use caps or plastic jackets. I use bare primers.

The ULs are a bit tricky to load primers in compared to break-actions, but once you learn the trick it’s okay. Very nice rifles.

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/23/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The all come ready for optics mounting. The difference between the Western and Colorado is the Western is percussion caps. The Colorado legal you can get in either bare 209 or FPJ. Both are legal in Colorado.

Knight direct is probably cheaper than Midway. Its about $800 shipped atm directly from Knight. Same rifle at Midway is over $900

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before I ordered mine last year, I called and was told that the Western model wasn’t drilled and tapped. The description on their website isn’t clear:

Stock Finish: Bell & Carlson Kevlar Stock (available in Spiderweb Black, Green, and Tan
Non-Western Optics: Scope Only (sight holes are NOT pre-drilled).
Western Optics: Williams Fully Adjustable Metallic Fiber Optic Sight Set
Colorado Legal Version: Comes With Sights And Are Drilled And Tapped
Barrel Finish: Solid 416 Stainless Steel – Match Grade Green Mountain Barrel
Bolt: Individually Machined (Not Cast) With Jeweling
Ram Rod: Easton Carbon Core Ramrod With Reverse Threaded Extendable Full Brass Jag
Weather Protection: DynaTek Coating On Bore & Exterior Of The Barrel
Accuracy: Guaranteed MOA Accuracy to 200 yards!

For certain if you might ever want to use irons, either the Western or CO one is the one to get. I’d definitely call and verify. I bought the percussion conversion for my first one. My son has it and is going to give it back as he has no plans to use it.

Looks like things have changed somewhat as I don’t see Nitride as an option like before. You’re correct about the current price. Again, last year when I ordered mine, the Midway price was a good bit lower, close to $200 as I recall.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Thanks for the responses! Have you noticed any accuracy differences shooting the ultra lite with the ramrod installed vs not?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since I hunt with it in place, it never occurred to me to try. 70gr by weight of BH and whatever I can stuff down on top easily has been plenty accurate for me.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 70 invisible), 3,278 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.