Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Trump if he decides to leave the republican party. I think Rand is correct.
https://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-warns-one-third-175520035.html

Rand Paul Warns One-Third of Republicans Will Leave Party if GOP Senators Back Impeachment
Zachary Evans
January 16, 2021

Senator Rand Paul (R., Ky.) warned Friday that one-third of Republican voters could leave the party if GOP senators vote in impeachment proceedings to convict President Trump. Paul made the comments in an interview on Fox News’ The Ingraham Angle.

The senator’s remarks come amid an increasing divide between congressional Republicans who oppose impeaching the president and a smaller number who support the measure following the riots at the Capitol on January 6. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) is reportedly hopeful that Republicans can use impeachment to purge Trump from the GOP, although he would need the support of at least 16 additional Republican senators to vote to convict.

“Look, I didn’t agree with the [Capitol] fight that happened last week, and I voted against overturning the election, but at the same time, the impeachment is a wrongheaded, partisan notion, [and] if Republicans go along with it, it’ll destroy the party,” Paul said during the interview.

“A third of the Republicans will leave the party,” Paul continued. “This isn’t about, anymore, the Electoral College, this is about the future of the party, and whether you’re going to ostracize and excommunicate President Trump from the party. Well, guess what? Millions of his fans will leave as well.”

While a majority of Americans believe Trump should be removed from office immediately, just 17 percent of Republicans support expelling Trump from the presidency, according to an Axios–Ipsos poll released on Thursday. Support for Trump among Republicans has fallen since the Capitol riots; however, 60 percent believe the party should continue to follow Trump once he leaves office, an ABC News/Washington Post poll found.

More from National Review
Justice Roberts Blocks Rand Paul from Naming Whistleblower During Impeachment Trial

House GOP Leaders Won’t Lobby Caucus to Oppose Impeachment

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think he is wrong.

I know folk from both parties discussing joining this patriot party and each conservative is onboard.

They can all thank Bitch Mac-con-all’s stance and recent comments, folk ain’t gonna forget him or his type.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 01/24/21.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think the 60% number from the article is more accurate than 1/3.

While a majority of Americans believe Trump should be removed from office immediately, just 17 percent of Republicans support expelling Trump from the presidency, according to an Axios–Ipsos poll released on Thursday. Support for Trump among Republicans has fallen since the Capitol riots; however, 60 percent believe the party should continue to follow Trump once he leaves office, an ABC News/Washington Post poll found.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think Rand is mistaken. I think at least a third of the people who used to identify as Republicans left the GOP a long time ago.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am no longer a Rand fan. His assessment of 1/3 of Rep's leaving the GOP is correct IMO though. His bs about not supporting overturning the election is his downfall.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I won’t even vote for Ted Cruz if he has an (R) next to his name

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The question is, how much of the D's will follow the Donald. If he only pulls from the GOP there's no power broker role to be had.

If he pull's 1/3rd from both..... Now he can throw some weight around.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone tell him the capital was attacked by democrats and there was massive voter fraud.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Dutch
The question is, how much of the D's will follow the Donald. If he only pulls from the GOP there's no power broker role to be had.

If he pull's 1/3rd from both..... Now he can throw some weight around.

Trump won't be back. It's too much for him .

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i think that a 3rd party headed by trump is a mistake. bankrolled by him yes and continuing his message. but a 3rd party needs a different messenger. trump got the fire started but we need somebody that can beat these cokcsuckers at their own game while not alienating the moderate middle. taking them head on is not going to work with the swamp.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll be part of that one 3rd. I'll say it might be more.

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Over on ARFCOM it seems to be running about 50% The big issue is failing to stand up for him and an honest election during the time frame when the demoRATS were stealing of the vote after he warned them the dems were going to steal the vote. Yep, Mitch and Mitt were to major reasons why.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree trump started an amazing thing but it's time for a younger face with same beliefs to run it...

Hawley?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
i think that a 3rd party headed by trump is a mistake. bankrolled by him yes and continuing his message. but a 3rd party needs a different messenger. trump got the fire started but we need somebody that can beat these cokcsuckers at their own game while not alienating the moderate middle. taking them head on is not going to work with the swamp.

Oh oh, by posting that, you have just acquired the wrath of all the "I want to do to Donald what Monica did to Bill" crowd on here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Voting doesn't matter as long as the elections are rigged. You simply have to fix the cheating and you can't fix the cheating without admitting that it occurred. Rand and Co. won't admit it. Let alone the commies. If you admit it, then you have to give Trump the Presidency he won. IDGAFF what the laws are.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The breakdown of party structure before the election was about 40% independent, 30% dem and 30% gop.

If a new party pulls that 1/3 and 1/4 of the independent and a couple % from the dem, it passes the gop and threatens the dem right off the bat.

It could be 30, 28, 23, 19 with gop trailing.

GOP is dead as far as winning national election majorities in congress anyway.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Trump can and did beat them.... twice.... even if he hurt your feelers.... why is it so hard for so many to understand this?
Check this out..... if the Republicans fail to block this and get on the offensive, all is lost and voters are and will abandon them in mass!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-2021-lock-fraudulent-elections-forever/

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trump owned at least 2/3rds of the Republican Party .

The current Republican Party is weak and full of traitors so I hope it dies .

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
. While a majority of Americans believe Trump should be removed from office immediately,

That right there tell you that the entire article is bunk.

Rand has no clue how many Patriots have already abandoned he and his ilk, let alone how many more will tell the Republicans to pound sand if they convict.

As a matter of fact, just the fact that Mitch, the head of the Republican Party, supports conviction has pissed off well over 1/3 of the Republican Party.

Rand is swamp, he voted for Biden, now he is worried, f*ck him and f* ck his party.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by irfubar

Trump can and did beat them.... twice.... even if he hurt your feelers.... why is it so hard for so many to understand this?
Check this out..... if the Republicans fail to block this and get on the offensive, all is lost and voters are and will abandon them in mass!

he did not hurt my feelings. my feelings are fine. everytime someone brings this up, you or others say the same thing that he "hurt my feelers". i say bullschit. i think he ran a punk game most of the time. like those boxers who run their mouth and then get smashed. you can still be direct and talk like a non politician, curse, insult at times, etc but the 3rd grade schit is not going to work with a lot of people. results work, punk talk doesn't. i supported him and he blew a golden opportunity because he underestimated his opponent.

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Voting doesn't matter as long as the elections are rigged. You simply have to fix the cheating and you can't fix the cheating without admitting that it occurred. Rand and Co. won't admit it. Let alone the commies. If you admit it, then you have to give Trump the Presidency he won. IDGAFF what the laws are.

Once again you are spot on! Great post but unfortunately the simple logic of it escapes so many seemingly intelligent people. Without fair, NON-CORRUPT elections there is only 1 party!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The same people will vote for Trump no matter what party he represents. If he leaves the only R’s left will be RINO’s and never Trumpers. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I for one hope Trump never comes back to politics. He spent the last 4 years s hi t ing one every American ideal he could.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Once again you are spot on! Great post but unfortunately the simple logic of it escapes so many seemingly intelligent people. Without fair, NON-CORRUPT elections there is only 1 party!

DITTO

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
The same people will vote for Trump no matter what party he represents. If he leaves the only R’s left will be RINO’s and never Trumpers. Hasbeen

Pssst, that’s all that’s in the party now.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
People will say that they'll leave the party, but when they're alone in the voting booth, they'll be pulling the R lever. Remember the old saying--a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. I knew many in 2016 that didn't like either Trump or Hillary and swore that they were going to vote Libertarian. The great majority voted either D or R.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Rand !, its gonna be closer to 75%. Only Mit the schitt and a few other will still call themselves republican.
also, I laughed when I heard your neighbor beat your ass.

.... like tears in the rain
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
There are a ton of folks who left the GOP, but sure as hell aren't going to fall into the waiting arms of whatever ridiculous party/reality show he dreams up next.

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Yep, just like what California does now. The californication of America.

kwg

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by UPhiker
People will say that they'll leave the party, but when they're alone in the voting booth, they'll be pulling the R lever. Remember the old saying--a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. I knew many in 2016 that didn't like either Trump or Hillary and swore that they were going to vote Libertarian. The great majority voted either D or R.

i for one would vote for a valid 3rd party now and let the cards fall where they may. at this point the D's and R's are just pretending to be different.

My diploma is a DD214
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Remember the old saying--a vote for a third party is a wasted vote.

I convinced myself of that nonsense the first go round....came to my senses the second, and refused to ever vote for the "least bad option" ever again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by liliysdad

I convinced myself of that nonsense the first go round....came to my senses the second, and refused to ever vote for the "least bad option" ever again.

So who did you vote for?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by kingston

So who did you vote for?

I cast my votes for local and state elections, and chose not to partake in the circus that was the presidential election.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
All you people who are saying to vote GOP come hell or high water,..

If Mitt Romney is the nominee again are you going to vote for him?,....Jeb Bush?,...Karl Rove?,...Marco Rubio?,...John Kasich?

The GOP establishment is rotten.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just FYI: This inane article was published on 1/16/2021 (eight days ago).

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by UPhiker

i for one would vote for a valid 3rd party now and let the cards fall where they may. at this point the D's and R's are just pretending to be different.

...and they aren’t fooling anybody, well maybe a few of the brain dead, but most.

They are just opposite cheeks on the same ass.

F*ck em.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So who did you vote for?

I cast my votes for local and state elections, and chose not to partake in the circus that was the presidential election.

So you didn't waste a vote?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by funnybone
I for one hope Trump never comes back to politics. He spent the last 4 years s hi t ing one every American ideal he could.

Chinee-boy Bot Baaaaack.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by funnybone

Retard alert.. funny bone is on the scene.. stop taking your hillbilly cocaine and sober up..

Last edited by 79S; 01/25/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

If Mitt Romney is the nominee again are you going to vote for him?,....Jeb Bush?,...Karl Rove?,...Marco Rubio?,...John Kasich?

I don't think anyone is going to argue that point. The GOP ESTABLISHMENT is rotten. I do have some hope for some of the new members.

kwg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'll never vote for another republican again, ever.
Anyone who still holds out hope for them saving the republic is seriously lacking in IQ.

.... like tears in the rain
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Does it really matter, have we not learned that elections are a thing if the past whether you are voting for Jeb or Trump the winner is already predetermined.

I mean this is crazy talk to discuss future elections as if they actually matter.

Did the Dominion machines get put out to pasture?

Last edited by steve4102; 01/24/21.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by steve4102

Does it really matter, have we not learned that elections are a thing if the past whether you are voting for Jeb or Trump the winner is already predetermined.

I mean this is crazy talk to discuss future elections as if they actually matter.

Did the Dominion max
Chines get put out to pasture?

Yeah, I know. Still, I can't believe that people are still pushing the "no 3rd party" argument. The reason this country is where it is, is because the people didn't have a political advocate in either of the political parties.

The GOP is complicit in *all* of it.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

So who did you vote for?

So you didn't waste a vote?

If the LIbertarian Party had pushed a candidate worth voting for, I would have had zero issue doing so...

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

On that, I agree fully.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i think trump could probably take control of the GOP again, but not without twitter

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So who did you vote for?

I can't believe how many people fell for the false narratives and gaslighting. The American people have been deceived.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't know shït about Q.

My religious beliefs don't bind me to conservatism and nor do my sentiments about social institutions. I celebrate the brilliance of our constitution and the notion that self-determination is fundamental to a free, fair, and thriving society. I believe that government should serve the electorate, not the other way around.

I believe that people are fundamentally good and that they can make responsible choices. I also believe that humans are prone to error, emotion, vanity, and other mindless foolishness.

I proudly voted for President Trump.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

he did not hurt my feelings. my feelings are fine. everytime someone brings this up, you or others say the same thing that he "hurt my feelers". i say bullschit. i think he ran a punk game most of the time. like those boxers who run their mouth and then get smashed. you can still be direct and talk like a non politician, curse, insult at times, etc but the 3rd grade schit is not going to work with a lot of people. results work, punk talk doesn't. i supported him and he blew a golden opportunity because he underestimated his opponent.

I agree he definitely underestimated the depth and mass of the swamp.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I didn't "fall" for anything...

I hated him the first time around, but I gave him a shot. He didn't earn another the second time.

Before its said, I have no allegiance to any party, and neither has done a thing to convince me otherwise.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

So who did you vote for?

I can't believe how many people fell for the false narratives and gaslighting. The American people have been deceived.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't know shït about Q.

My religious beliefs don't bind me to conservatism and nor do my sentiments about social institutions. I celebrate the brilliance of our constitution and the notion that self-determination is fundamental to a free, fair, and thriving society. I believe that government should serve the electorate, not the other way around.

I believe that people are fundamentally good and that they can make responsible choices. I also believe that humans are prone to error, emotion, vanity, and other mindless foolishness.

I proudly voted for President Trump.

Very well said, I voted with great enthusiasm as well.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Rand is actually painting a rosy piciture for the rs. The rinos are toast. But that creates an opportunity to take over the party and this is what needs to happen.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
2/3rd would be far more accurate.

Watch your topknot and KYPD.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
At this point there are only two options to try to save this republic. The GOP isn't one of them.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pat85
At this point there are only two options to try to save this republic. The GOP isn't one of them.

No it’s not, but neither is voting.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A few things:

1. Starting another party is a fools game. We'll lose by splitting the vote. You can have a Patriot wing in the party and primary the hell out of the swamp creatures with better effect.

2. Trump won. Only an idiot believes otherwise. Democrats are almost entirely; stupid, crazy or corrupt. 57 genders, men in womens sports, etc etc etc.

3. The swamp is real. Between the swamp, big tech, crazy Dems, the FED, and Wall Street. We got some work ahead...

Last edited by Jungleland; 01/24/21.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pat85

No it’s not, but neither is voting.

That’s a dumb thing to type.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
i think trump could probably take control of the GOP again, but not without twitter

There is money to be made for who ever comes up with a twitter like program that is NOT twitter. Twitter done screwed the pooch.

kwg

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by sse

There is money to be made for who ever comes up with a twitter like program that is NOT twitter. Twitter done screwed the pooch.

kwg

Already out there.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think it might be more. I don't know any conservative who supports the RNC now. They are all looking for the next party of conservatives.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Jungleland
A few things:

3. The swamp is real. Between the swamp, big tech, crazy Dems, the FED, and Wall Street. We got some work ahead...

You forgot to add the RNC to the swamp.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rand Paul is full of it. Most if not all the party will follow Trump. The establishment RINOs couldn't win an election in their respective states for dog catcher today after what's went down. it's not going away.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He’s wrong. It will be a lot more than that.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,073
Posts18,463,784
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.