Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Trump if he decides to leave the republican party. I think Rand is correct.
https://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-warns-one-third-175520035.html

Rand Paul Warns One-Third of Republicans Will Leave Party if GOP Senators Back Impeachment
Zachary Evans
January 16, 2021

Senator Rand Paul (R., Ky.) warned Friday that one-third of Republican voters could leave the party if GOP senators vote in impeachment proceedings to convict President Trump. Paul made the comments in an interview on Fox News’ The Ingraham Angle.

The senator’s remarks come amid an increasing divide between congressional Republicans who oppose impeaching the president and a smaller number who support the measure following the riots at the Capitol on January 6. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) is reportedly hopeful that Republicans can use impeachment to purge Trump from the GOP, although he would need the support of at least 16 additional Republican senators to vote to convict.

“Look, I didn’t agree with the [Capitol] fight that happened last week, and I voted against overturning the election, but at the same time, the impeachment is a wrongheaded, partisan notion, [and] if Republicans go along with it, it’ll destroy the party,” Paul said during the interview.

“A third of the Republicans will leave the party,” Paul continued. “This isn’t about, anymore, the Electoral College, this is about the future of the party, and whether you’re going to ostracize and excommunicate President Trump from the party. Well, guess what? Millions of his fans will leave as well.”

While a majority of Americans believe Trump should be removed from office immediately, just 17 percent of Republicans support expelling Trump from the presidency, according to an Axios–Ipsos poll released on Thursday. Support for Trump among Republicans has fallen since the Capitol riots; however, 60 percent believe the party should continue to follow Trump once he leaves office, an ABC News/Washington Post poll found.

More from National Review
Justice Roberts Blocks Rand Paul from Naming Whistleblower During Impeachment Trial

House GOP Leaders Won’t Lobby Caucus to Oppose Impeachment

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think he is wrong.

I know folk from both parties discussing joining this patriot party and each conservative is onboard.

They can all thank Bitch Mac-con-all’s stance and recent comments, folk ain’t gonna forget him or his type.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 01/24/21.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think the 60% number from the article is more accurate than 1/3.

While a majority of Americans believe Trump should be removed from office immediately, just 17 percent of Republicans support expelling Trump from the presidency, according to an Axios–Ipsos poll released on Thursday. Support for Trump among Republicans has fallen since the Capitol riots; however, 60 percent believe the party should continue to follow Trump once he leaves office, an ABC News/Washington Post poll found.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think Rand is mistaken. I think at least a third of the people who used to identify as Republicans left the GOP a long time ago.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am no longer a Rand fan. His assessment of 1/3 of Rep's leaving the GOP is correct IMO though. His bs about not supporting overturning the election is his downfall.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I won’t even vote for Ted Cruz if he has an (R) next to his name

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The question is, how much of the D's will follow the Donald. If he only pulls from the GOP there's no power broker role to be had.

If he pull's 1/3rd from both..... Now he can throw some weight around.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone tell him the capital was attacked by democrats and there was massive voter fraud.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Dutch
The question is, how much of the D's will follow the Donald. If he only pulls from the GOP there's no power broker role to be had.

If he pull's 1/3rd from both..... Now he can throw some weight around.

Trump won't be back. It's too much for him .

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i think that a 3rd party headed by trump is a mistake. bankrolled by him yes and continuing his message. but a 3rd party needs a different messenger. trump got the fire started but we need somebody that can beat these cokcsuckers at their own game while not alienating the moderate middle. taking them head on is not going to work with the swamp.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll be part of that one 3rd. I'll say it might be more.

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Over on ARFCOM it seems to be running about 50% The big issue is failing to stand up for him and an honest election during the time frame when the demoRATS were stealing of the vote after he warned them the dems were going to steal the vote. Yep, Mitch and Mitt were to major reasons why.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree trump started an amazing thing but it's time for a younger face with same beliefs to run it...

Hawley?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
i think that a 3rd party headed by trump is a mistake. bankrolled by him yes and continuing his message. but a 3rd party needs a different messenger. trump got the fire started but we need somebody that can beat these cokcsuckers at their own game while not alienating the moderate middle. taking them head on is not going to work with the swamp.

Oh oh, by posting that, you have just acquired the wrath of all the "I want to do to Donald what Monica did to Bill" crowd on here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Voting doesn't matter as long as the elections are rigged. You simply have to fix the cheating and you can't fix the cheating without admitting that it occurred. Rand and Co. won't admit it. Let alone the commies. If you admit it, then you have to give Trump the Presidency he won. IDGAFF what the laws are.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The breakdown of party structure before the election was about 40% independent, 30% dem and 30% gop.

If a new party pulls that 1/3 and 1/4 of the independent and a couple % from the dem, it passes the gop and threatens the dem right off the bat.

It could be 30, 28, 23, 19 with gop trailing.

GOP is dead as far as winning national election majorities in congress anyway.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Trump can and did beat them.... twice.... even if he hurt your feelers.... why is it so hard for so many to understand this?
Check this out..... if the Republicans fail to block this and get on the offensive, all is lost and voters are and will abandon them in mass!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-2021-lock-fraudulent-elections-forever/

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trump owned at least 2/3rds of the Republican Party .

The current Republican Party is weak and full of traitors so I hope it dies .

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
. While a majority of Americans believe Trump should be removed from office immediately,

That right there tell you that the entire article is bunk.

Rand has no clue how many Patriots have already abandoned he and his ilk, let alone how many more will tell the Republicans to pound sand if they convict.

As a matter of fact, just the fact that Mitch, the head of the Republican Party, supports conviction has pissed off well over 1/3 of the Republican Party.

Rand is swamp, he voted for Biden, now he is worried, f*ck him and f* ck his party.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by irfubar

Trump can and did beat them.... twice.... even if he hurt your feelers.... why is it so hard for so many to understand this?
Check this out..... if the Republicans fail to block this and get on the offensive, all is lost and voters are and will abandon them in mass!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-2021-lock-fraudulent-elections-forever/

he did not hurt my feelings. my feelings are fine. everytime someone brings this up, you or others say the same thing that he "hurt my feelers". i say bullschit. i think he ran a punk game most of the time. like those boxers who run their mouth and then get smashed. you can still be direct and talk like a non politician, curse, insult at times, etc but the 3rd grade schit is not going to work with a lot of people. results work, punk talk doesn't. i supported him and he blew a golden opportunity because he underestimated his opponent.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
604 members (2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.