B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have been using Hornady one shot

Except for small batches those I use Imperial

I was at Jays and was going to pick up Dillion and forgot till I was 5 minutes down the road

My question is something magic in the lubes that are for cases
Or does anyone use stuff commonly used on thier work benches? IE dry silicon what ever lube etc

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had been using RCBS glycerin lube but it's all gone right now. I judt got a bottle of RCBS pump spray lube as it was all I could find.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mink oil and Vaseline. Good read here. Most all of the suggestions work.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm#Sizing

Swifty
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by boatboy
I have been using Hornady one shot

Except for small batches those I use Imperial

I was at Jays and was going to pick up Dillion and forgot till I was 5 minutes down the road

My question is something magic in the lubes that are for cases
Or does anyone use stuff commonly used on thier work benches? IE dry silicon what ever lube etc

Hank

To me One Shot is the worst product Hornady ever put on the market, I too use Imperial die wax for smaller batch's

when doing a few hundred cases Imperial is not practical, I found a case lube that is awesome. not as messy as one shot and works much better
called Brass Butter..............not cocoa butter !!!!!

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by boatanchor

To me One Shot is the worst product Hornady ever put on the market, I too use Imperial die wax for smaller batch's

when doing a few hundred cases Imperial is not practical, I found a case lube that is awesome. not as messy as one shot and works much better

Don't knock Queen Helene til you try it. Contains mineral oil, lanolin, and cocoa butter, all of which makes it slick as snot when resizing while wet. Squirt some on a piece of foam and work it in, roll your brass on the foam, resize immediately, works as good as anything else. Wipes off with a towel after resizing. Costs two bucks for a big bottle at walmart.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve loaded thousands of rounds using PAM. Doesn’t stink and I’ve never stuck a case with it. Available at pretty much any grocery store.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lanolin is the base of some of the lubes. Mix it with alcohol.
I've mixed a bottle of the RCBS case lube with a pint of 91% rubbing alcohol to make my own spray lube. Works good.
I think the Lee lube is lanolin.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Lanolin is the base of some of the lubes. Mix it with alcohol.
I've mixed a bottle of the RCBS case lube with a pint of 91% rubbing alcohol to make my own spray lube. Works good.
I think the Lee lube is lanolin.

90% of the lubes out there are Lanolin based. I know Hornady Unique is nothing more than colored anhydrous Lanolin. Mink oil is 90% anhydrous lanolin. Hornady one shot is anhydrous lanolin mixed with 99% alcohol.

Swifty
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by boatanchor

Don't knock Queen Helene til you try it. Contains mineral oil, lanolin, and cocoa butter, all of which makes it slick as snot when resizing while wet. Squirt some on a piece of foam and work it in, roll your brass on the foam, resize immediately, works as good as anything else. Wipes off with a towel after resizing. Costs two bucks for a big bottle at walmart.

Hey Auk
you never know around here lots of smartazzes
I was not sure if your post was serious or a bit of humor myself

Thanks Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by boatboy

Hey Auk
you never know around here lots of smartazzes
I was not sure if your post was serious or a bit of humor myself

Thanks Hank

Heh, I'm guilty as charged myself but this time I was being serious. Take it easy Hank.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was using lanolin and alcohol a few days ago and stuck 5 cases of 223 in my dies, Cant find any case lube locally. Was researching it and read about using udder balm.

Seen some at Tractor supply and it has lanolin and wax in it, Big tub for $7 tried it tonight and sized 350 pieces of range brass with no problem. Plus it softens your dry cracked hands

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I use the Amzoil version of WD 40.....I lube my brass in an old $6.00 frying pan I got 20 years ago....shake it like Jiffy Pop and does the job..

I think I'll try some of the Pam... I've used tons of that camping with scouts over the years... since back in the late 60s..

will have to try sneaking some of the wife's out into the garage and try it...good suggestion...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I use Imperial sizing wax

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I use my own mixture of lanolin/heet (alcohol)

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 9Legend

This stuff works well and is cheap. Look for videos on youtube.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 9Legend

+2
one table spoon of pure lanolin (Amazon) and 12 ounces of the RED Heet. add it to a $1 spray bottle from the dollar store. Put 50-100 cases in a ziplock, give it a couple squirts then seal the bag and roll them around for a minute. It works every bit as good as One shot at a fraction of the price.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 15 invisible), 1,678 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.