Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

You cannot impeach a citizen, however that's not what's happening. Trump was impeached while president, that was why the big rush. Once jan 6th got here, they couldn't impeach because he wouldn't be president. It's possible that they also thought maybe he did have another trick up his sleeve and would stay somehow, doubtful but possible.

The trial phase is an interesting question since the majority penalty of guilty is removal from office. However I think the real desire of the Ds is what happens AFTER if he's found guilty. Once found guilty they will then move to bar him from ever holding public office, or receive fund raising, again. They are that afraid of him running again.

Honestly, I think he'd be better served, and the country would as well, to be more of a king maker than a king. In 4 years, he would be to old IMO, that would put him into his 80s at the end of his term (note I feel the same way about Biden). Trump can do more for America by continuing the message he's started, and push for a new republican, or another party if he can't redesign what republican means, and bring in a newer, younger face.

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
If I was in Trump’s position, I would like to think that I would be able to rejoice in these attacks,

Because it would show the world, how much Trump‘s viewpoint differs from the corrupt political machine.

Their disapproval would be my affirmation

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 01/25/21.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

You cannot impeach a citizen, however that's not what's happening. Trump was impeached while president, that was why the big rush. Once jan 6th got here, they couldn't impeach because he wouldn't be president. It's possible that they also thought maybe he did have another trick up his sleeve and would stay somehow, doubtful but possible.

The trial phase is an interesting question since the majority penalty of guilty is removal from office. However I think the real desire of the Ds is what happens AFTER if he's found guilty. Once found guilty they will then move to bar him from ever holding public office, or receive fund raising, again. They are that afraid of him running again.

Honestly, I think he'd be better served, and the country would as well, to be more of a king maker than a king. In 4 years, he would be to old IMO, that would put him into his 80s at the end of his term (note I feel the same way about Biden). Trump can do more for America by continuing the message he's started, and push for a new republican, or another party if he can't redesign what republican means, and bring in a newer, younger face.
Reforming the Republican party is the only way to do it. A 3d party would be a disaster, guaranteeing Dem domination for a long time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506
I listened to a lot of satellite radio on Saturday. Fox and the Patriot channel. All the commentators said impeachment is to be used to remove a politician from office, not against a private citizen. Jonathan Turley said that what crazy Nancy is doing is unconstitutional.

Being unconstitutional have never fazed the Demons before, so why expect it to faze them now.

They are obsessed & yes, DJT should go scorched earth on all of them, IMO.

Pelosi is not playing with a full deck.

MM

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I expect that Trump will be filing law suits. It's a different ballgame now. Time to put all those retainers to work. What are we paying all these Lawyers for?

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Reforming the Republican party is the only way to do it. A 3d party would be a disaster, guaranteeing Dem domination for a long time.

Reform the Republican swamp members will only happen if the offenders will go on trial and are hanged after proven guilty by a jury of their peers. Isn't gonna happen.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s ALL about unity!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's worth making the specific point that some have already alluded to. President Trump has already been impeached...twice. The first Impeachment didn't result in a conviction in the Senate. The current Senate was not seated when he was Impeached the second time and it would seem illegal for them to Try him, on that basis alone.

That the toads in Congress fear him, there is no doubt. WHAT they fear is the question. Personally, I've never believed the Q stuff or any other bs that he's fighting some secret war and the military is on his side. While I have no doubt the rank-and-file military love him, the top brass is owned just like the vast majority of our government. Do they fear info he has on them? If so, why in hell didn't he attempt to use it prior to the election? After the steal, why didn't he just throw it all out to us? I fear that he attempted to but just like everything, the info was discredited by the lying, cheating, worthless and above all, bought-and-paid-for news media. Ignored and that which could not be, laughed at and rebuked, just like the election itself.

I think Congress' actions are based purely on the desire for payback and to attempt to bar him from future office. They can all suck my ass, including Rand Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Constitution? Laws?

Those fugks don't give a schit about the law.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I’m sure the senate trial will be as one sided as the House impeachment trials were. Trumps lawyers will be shut down and interrupted and not allowed to make any points, submit evidence, or arguments. It will be a Goat show, for the new Regime.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trumps kids should run.

LOL
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
maybe a preview of how they would rule on impeachment, but the Supreme Court just ordered the emoluments lawsuits against Trump dismissed since he's no longer in office.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Osky

It cannot be simple hatred, the democrats are scared to death of Trump.

Osky

I believe so too. And it might be because they didn't get away with the theft of this election just yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by Osky

It cannot be simple hatred, the democrats are scared to death of Trump.

Osky

I believe so too. And it might be because they didn't get away with the theft of this election just yet.
They haven't? Ain't Biden in the Whitehouse? Ain't he signing EO's and giving orders? Didn't he just fire a bunch of pipeline workers and people working on the wall?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Hancock27
"Crimes" occurred while in office, so YES they can impeach, but to what end? They cannpt remove him from office or "undo" what's been done, Supreme Court won['t allow it - even with the flippers - AND Trump sues the US Gov't after he's acquitted for BILLIONS. LOL That's be so funny, all the tax payer's dollars going to Mr. Trump and he privately funds the wall and jobs,,,,,
.............Crimes? Sorry! Under any constitutional standards and/or legal standards under the law, there were no crimes committed by Trump while in office. Now you may be of the opinion that there were, but opinions and hearsay DO NOT CONVICT!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Establishment has no fear of Donald J Trump running for office again, none.

They had No Fear of him winning in the 2020 election either,

They KNEW the election was rigged for Biden, that’s why he didn’t even need to campaign, he just hid in his basement .

Future election will be no different, if Trump were to run again we would see the same results only worse. They stole the election from him in 2020 and they will steal it again in 2024 no matter the (R) candidate.

News Flash,
You cannot fix election fraud by holding more elections.

This isn’t about Trump running again, they already have that covered.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Apparently there is some precedent for impeaching people after they leave office according to Ted Cruz. However, these impeachments were not at the presidential level. Basically it's an open constitutional question that would have to be decided by SCOTUS.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Apparently there is some precedent for impeaching people after they leave office according to Ted Cruz. However, these impeachments were not at the presidential level. Basically it's an open constitutional question that would have to be decided by SCOTUS.

Well there you have it, senate trial here we come.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read an article from some retired federal judge who said the constitution states impeachment is for an incumbent only and a trial would be unconstitutional

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's obvious that this amounts to persecution of an American citizen by the Congress. It sets an interesting precedent in that regard. Laws bent for political enemies because of some faux severity of non-existent crimes. Another example of people without principles just making up the rules as they go along. What matters most is if WE allow them to get away with this treasonous BS.

Last edited by HuntnShoot; 01/25/21.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,295
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.