S
Did your Dr. have a bone thru his nose?

BP-B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I order Ivermectin as a heart worm preventative for my dog from J R Enterprises based out of Louisiana. The vet requires a prescription and and massive markup. A $25 bottle will keep a dog parasite free for several years.

There goes the neighborhood. I been giving my dogs ivermectin for horses for years for heart worms, alot cheaper than sentinel, put a ribbon on your finger and put on the roof of the dogs mouth

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I buy it at Fleet& Farm in Green Bay.No prescription needed.On animals the size of the injection is by body weight.Do`nt know how that translates to people.You do not inject it into muscle but just under the skin.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just got back from my annual visit with my primary care doctor. While there, I asked for a prescription for Ivermectin in case I should ever have early symptoms and test positive for COVID19. He seemed confused, and asked why I would want to take a medication for parasites as a treatment for COVID19. He had literally never heard of that, and his practice is associated with a major medical school in the area. Is that possible, or is he BSing me?

Anyway, I didn't get the prescription. He assured me, however, that he was confident I'd be able to come in for the vaccine some time in February (despite the fact that I never asked about the vaccine). Oh boy!

Ivermectin is way off label for Covid e.I. not approved i. e. Any doc who prescribes it has their bare ass hanging in the wind for liability should ANYTHING adverse happen.

I’ve used it, I’ve prescribed it to family members, I’ve introduced it to a number of my MD buddies.

Any docs that are part of a bigger group will almost never prescribe off label treatments. Their group will not allow it.

Things you need to know.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My sister is a nurse, & does anesthesia. She has been taking veterinarian grade ivermectin for 2 months as a prophylaxis. She's got my parents taking it. My whole family is taking it. One of her friends who also does anesthesia had been making jokes about her taking horse wormer. Not long after his sister came down with covid. She has MS & was not doing well. He stopped joking & wanted my sister to fix her up with ivermectin. Within 2 days after taking it she made a complete turn around. I'm a firm believer in ivermectin. BTW my doctor said he hasn't heard anything about it either.

Romans 5:1
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My brother keeps the injectable type around for his dogs, actually uses it as a pour on. I've used some by pouring it on my arms and rubbing it in. Talked to a vet the other day and he said he knows several guys who rub it into their hands like hand cream. None of them have even had a cold this winter.
Edit to add: Had a bit of an argument with my dr last summer when I went in for an A1C test. I was complaining about all the mask requirements, spacing, stay in your car till called, ect. I told him I'd seen studies showing that masks do more harm than good with all the different types of materials and such that people were using. He finally shrugged his shoulders and admitted that they knew it was BS, but if they didn't do it too many people who believed the hype wouldn't come in for treatment when they really were sick.

Last edited by Ole_270; 01/25/21.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Your doc got the memo from the doctor’s union (AMA).

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Too many docs don't do anything unless they are told to by the CDC. If they would have listened to docs who were and are having success fighting COVID we would have been out of this situation months ago.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
TRH, if you need Ivomec and can't get it, PM me your addy and I'll send it to you. 1.5cc per 100lbs of body weight. I have the chart and instructions too. Sheit is dirt cheap if you know where to get it.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'd perhaps hink twice about that doc, but not if he had been honest and told you "It is not FDA approved for humans, so I cannot prescribe it or I 'd have my ass hanging out, you dog you...."

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Likely the warning on the horse Ivermectin is BS too, but who knows.
I don't think it's BS. I think it's horse apples.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hatari
Just got back from my annual visit with my primary care doctor. While there, I asked for a prescription for Ivermectin in case I should ever have early symptoms and test positive for COVID19. He seemed confused, and asked why I would want to take a medication for parasites as a treatment for COVID19. He had literally never heard of that, and his practice is associated with a major medical school in the area. Is that possible, or is he BSing me?

Anyway, I didn't get the prescription. He assured me, however, that he was confident I'd be able to come in for the vaccine some time in February (despite the fact that I never asked about the vaccine). Oh boy!

Ivermectin is way off label for Covid e.I. not approved i. e. Any doc who prescribes it has their bare ass hanging in the wind for liability should ANYTHING adverse happen.

I’ve used it, I’ve prescribed it to family members, I’ve introduced it to a number of my MD buddies.

Any docs that are part of a bigger group will almost never prescribe off label treatments. Their group will not allow it.

Things you need to know.
Hawk said his Dr. never even heard of it as a treatment.

That's a big difference than not wanting to prescribe.

He was either being disengenous or is an imbecile.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I order Ivermectin as a heart worm preventative for my dog from J R Enterprises based out of Louisiana. The vet requires a prescription and and massive markup. A $25 bottle will keep a dog parasite free for several years.

Do you have contact information?

You can buy Ivermectin equine Apple flavor for horses on eBay, Amazon and even walmart.com.

I think the search Ivermectin Apple paste might be what somebody was talking about a week or two ago.

Thanks. I bought a tube of that from Tractor Supply last week, but I've read lots of warnings on the internet that the inert ingredients in it might be dangerous to humans, even though verified safe for horses. I figure humans are zoologically closer to dogs than to horses, so whatever is safe for dogs (in terms of inert ingredients) is likely also safe for humans. Likely the warning on the horse Ivermectin is BS too, but who knows.

We would be far closer physiologically to swine.

Just a heads-up.

Montana MOFO
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

You can buy Ivermectin equine Apple flavor for horses on eBay, Amazon and even walmart.com.

I think the search Ivermectin Apple paste might be what somebody was talking about a week or two ago.

Thanks. I bought a tube of that from Tractor Supply last week, but I've read lots of warnings on the internet that the inert ingredients in it might be dangerous to humans, even though verified safe for horses. I figure humans are zoologically closer to dogs than to horses, so whatever is safe for dogs (in terms of inert ingredients) is likely also safe for humans. Likely the warning on the horse Ivermectin is BS too, but who knows.

Actually the horse is closer. It's related to pigs, which are related to humans.

Buy it on Amazon or at your local Ranch & Home store, Big-R here.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Get another Dr.

Wife and I had dinner Friday evening with a good friend and his wife. She is a nurse-practitioner who works for Glaxosmithkline (GSK) and they are very aware of Ivermectin, and are doing some group studies on it right now. Can't believe that much of the general public, and the Pharma companies know about this and your Dr doesn't.........

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might try the local vet.

1Minute
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hatari

Things you need to know.

Precisely why would a doctor risk their license and monetary liability on a off label, unproven, or an investigational treatment?

Unless the MD is a relative or close hunting buddy good luck on getting that Rx.

Grandpa fought Fascists in WWII, Dad fought Communists in Vietnam. - American is meant for the middle.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tarkio

We would be far closer physiologically to swine.

Just a heads-up.

Yep, especially the dimocraps. Monkeys and swine, except for the horses asses on the Fire.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/25/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
As Badger says, id get another Dr.

Old news, as Ironbender would say.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/prog...ven-covid-cure-gets-big-dose-of-coverage

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yeah, if'n i was gonna take it, i'd call the atl zoo and see what they give to the big silver back gorilla's.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
115 members (338reddog, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 35, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 728 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.