Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Was chasin guns today WAY east and came across a MINT condition Ruger 10/22 Magnum for sale at a gunshop - the price was $800.00 (no sales tax in Montana!).
I do NOT know much about Ruger 10/22 Magnums but this one was/is in perfect condition. This Rifles stock had the metal curved buttplate and its price tag mentioned that it came with an additional stock and some other thing (additional barrel?) I forget.
The receiver of the Ruger 10/22 Magnum was marked "RUGER 10/22 MAGNUM" and I am certain that was original factory markings.
It came with one magazine as far as I know.
I am not up on current prices for these but from time to time I see "want-ads" for them including one on this site recently.
Anyone interested can call the shop at 800-922-1562.
I am not sure if the gun department owns this Rifle or if it is on consignment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That seems like a very good price, especially if it is a single extractor. I have been hemorrhaging money lately or I'd get on it. I appreciate you letting the fire family in on these deals.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
PaulBarnard: Well thank you for the info on the Ruger 10/22 Magnum - apparently some have "dual" extractors?
I am sure that the folks at the shops number I provided would assist in that clarification.
I also have been "hemorrhaging" my mad money - I am trying to slow down but it seems minty guns just keep popping up in my way about once a week for the last 3 months.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
In today’s crazy market that is a good price. They do tend to have issues jamming though.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
So you would say stay away from it because of the jamming issues?

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by hikerbum
They do tend to have issues jamming though.

IME, albeit a sample of one, thats an understatement.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Mine has never run right since I bought it from jamming. I bought it brand new in the box!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine had to go back to the factory for issues. It has been pretty darned reliable since and is obnoxiously accurate with 30 plastic point ammo. The truth is that unless you really want the Ruger for some reason, the smart money is on the Magnum Research https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/f...ainless-steel-hogue-overmolded-rifle.asp

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Mine had to go back to the factory for issues.

God damn......

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have 2, both a single and a duel extractor. The duel has run 100% since day one, the single has run 100% since I installed a volquartsen extractor.

Those are great guns. I wish ammo was more available.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Mine had to go back to the factory for issues.

God damn......

As did my Ruger AR 223.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Jbuck: I just got home late last night from a large western gunshow and saw another Ruger 10/22 Magnum for sale there - it was also in mint condition and was being offered for sale at $1,200.00.
It commanded MUCH attention all three days it was on the table and for sale.
It was gone on Sunday late, and if sold it was for an unknown amount.
Coincidence.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm late to the thread, but after several years of looking, I found a stock Ruger 10/22M a couple of years ago.

Outside of a factory trigger at nearly 8 lbs, it was OK, but nothing to compare to my Magnum Research Magnum Lite 22 WMR.

Fast forward to about 30 minutes after getting the Ruger home and I had replaced the trigger with a Ruger BX trigger, the stock with a Boyd's laminate and the barrel with a stainless fluted Green Mountain barrel...

Now, that thing hammers...

It's heavy...but accurate and consistent...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rolltide
I'm late to the thread, but after several years of looking, I found a stock Ruger 10/22M a couple of years ago.

Outside of a factory trigger at nearly 8 lbs, it was OK, but nothing to compare to my Magnum Research Magnum Lite 22 WMR.

Fast forward to about 30 minutes after getting the Ruger home and I had replaced the trigger with a Ruger BX trigger, the stock with a Boyd's laminate and the barrel with a stainless fluted Green Mountain barrel...

Was the BX trigger an exact replacement, or did you have to do anything to it?

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Rolltide: And may I assume that your Rifle (the Ruger 10/22 Magnum) has no fail to function, fail to extract, fail to eject type problems?
You's guy's have got me thinking I need to go back to that gunshop and do some wheeling and dealing on that rare little Rifle?
Good for you on the cool Rifles!
One of my friends had a Magnum Research in 22 Magnum (it was a heavy barrel model though!) and it was especially accurate and reliable when he came for a Varmint safari and we shot it on several stands.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Rolltide: And may I assume that your Rifle (the Ruger 10/22 Magnum) has no fail to function, fail to extract, fail to eject type problems?
You's guy's have got me thinking I need to go back to that gunshop and do some wheeling and dealing on that rare little Rifle?
One of my friends had a Magnum Research in 22 Magnum (it was a heavy barrel model though!) and it was especially accurate and reliable when he came for a Varmint safari and we shot it on several stands.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

At that price, you cannot lose.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rolltide

Was the BX trigger an exact replacement, or did you have to do anything to it?

Yes sir, it's a direct replacement. I used the same trigger in my Magnum Research because the trigger pull was way heavier than the gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I haven't had any issues with mine. I did get some advice from someone on RFC, to shoot 40grain or heavier since the lighter bullets weren't around when Ruger was building the rifles...

Good luck with your purchase!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a Volquartzen edge extractor put in it and have had no jamming problems.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
The Ruger does fetch a hefty price but I sure like my Magnum Research.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
727 members (007FJ, 09wingates, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 204guy, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,552
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.