Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
denton Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Not an attorney... may be miles off base here:

The Constitution forbids any "bill of attainder". I had to look that one up. It means that no legislature can punish any person or group of people for something they have done in the past. That function belongs to the courts. The Senate and House cannot punish a private citizen.

Donald Trump is now a private citizen.

How is this so-called impeachment not a bill of attainder?

Be not weary in well doing.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
denton.
In case you haven't noticed we are in clown world now, anything is possible

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I see nothing legal about this whole thing. Someone said it takes a majority vote of the senate to prevent a convicted president from ever holding office again. The constitution doesn't say that. It says 2/3 to convict, period.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by irfubar
denton.

This

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The upside to this latest TDS fueled political charade is that it's momentarily paused the crusade on the Bill of Rights.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I can't believe anyone who has lived through the last four months still thinks the constitution has any validity in the minds of politicians.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by dassa
I can't believe anyone who has lived through the last four months still thinks the constitution has any validity in the minds of politicians.

Did you mean years?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I see nothing legal about this whole thing. Someone said it takes a majority vote of the senate to prevent a convicted president from ever holding office again. The constitution doesn't say that. It says 2/3 to convict, period.

2/3 is required to impeach. A majority prevents him from running for office again.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

2/3 is required to impeach. A majority prevents him from running for office again.
A majority in the house is required to impeach, 2/3 in the senate to convict. The constitution says nothing about a majority to prevent him from holding office again. In the past, the senate has only ruled a convicted person can't hold office again 3 times, all 3 were federal judges. In each case, they used a 2/3 vote so the precedent is there. Before they can bar him from office, though, they need to convict him and 2/3 is required for that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
denton.

With no rulz, only what the Demons say are the rulz, are the rulz.............................

How long??????????????????????

MM

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by denton
Not an attorney... may be miles off base here:

The Constitution forbids any "bill of attainder". I had to look that one up. It means that no legislature can punish any person or group of people for something they have done in the past. That function belongs to the courts. The Senate and House cannot punish a private citizen.

Donald Trump is now a private citizen.

How is this so-called impeachment not a bill of attainder?

Previous thread:
private citizen.
Yer not rong.

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 01/25/21.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

He is not in office, he is a private citizen.
The "trial" is kabuki theater, has no standing, and legally he can run again if he so chooses.
The dims are trying to convince the useful idiots they are doing a great thing and protecting them from the great "SATANNNNN"!
Its all BS, just like "Russia Collusion".

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Trump and the Republicans could shut it right down by just not showing up. I wonder if Trump is not looking forward to presenting his fraud evidence to the public where thee msm has to cover it. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
denton.
In case you haven't noticed we are in clown world now, anything everything is possible

Slight correction sir..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Dems care nothing about the rule of law. Next they will try any up and comer for crimes that they may commit in the future, thus barring them from office. Dems plan to cancel anything that they don't like. Totalitarianism is very appealing to them. Their useful idiots (Jimfromwhogivesaphugg) are too slow to realize what their future holds.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Did you mean years?

Please enlighten us as to which portions of the constitution were trampled under President Trump[not state legislators/legislations and their disregard for the constitution re: voter laws], Just POTUS.
I'll wait.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[/quote]Please enlighten us as to which portions of the constitution were trampled under President Trump[not state legislators/legislations and their disregard for the constitution re: voter laws], Just POTUS.
I'll wait.[/quote]

I think President Trump made a very good effort to eliminate constitutional violations at the federal level. If we returned to a truly constitutional government 95% of the federal government would vanish. Almost all the Departments of ??????? would vanish. Unelected bureaucrats would not be allowed to make rules and regulations that have the force of law. All firearms regulations would be repealed. Not a bad thing in my opinion but will never happen.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Trump and the Republicans could shut it right down by just not showing up. I wonder if Trump is not looking forward to presenting his fraud evidence to the public where thee msm has to cover it. ;-{>8

This “trial” is not about election fraud, it is about Trump being accused of inciting a riot.

The judge at the trial will not allow any evidence outside the scope of the charges which is basically his speech and the timeline between it and the riot.

Maybe he can squeeze in some evidence that it was all staged by Antifa and the Uniparty, but doubtful that Judge Leary will allow it. He certainly will not allow any talk of voter fraud.

Last edited by steve4102; 01/26/21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 45_100
[/quote]Please enlighten us as to which portions of the constitution were trampled under President Trump[not state legislators/legislations and their disregard for the constitution re: voter laws], Just POTUS.
I'll wait.

I think President Trump made a very good effort to eliminate constitutional violations at the federal level. If we returned to a truly constitutional government 95% of the federal government would vanish. Almost all the Departments of ??????? would vanish. Unelected bureaucrats would not be allowed to make rules and regulations that have the force of law. All firearms regulations would be repealed. Not a bad thing in my opinion but will never happen.[/quote]
You are content with a government acting outside the Constitution and is therefore treasonous? Or are you unwilling to do anything about it? I'm trying to understand the mentality here.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford

Did you mean years?

Please enlighten us as to which portions of the constitution were trampled under President Trump[not state legislators/legislations and their disregard for the constitution re: voter laws], Just POTUS.
I'll wait.

Raeford, Don't bother encouraging this card-carrying moron to use the common sense he was born with.

That part of his brain is no longer functional.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
726 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,172 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,749
Posts18,401,306
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.