Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Duck hunters are crazy here too. I don't do it on public here because I hunt for fun and altercations with idiots is no fun.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord

Enjoyed reading that, thanks for posting that up.

Originally Posted by gregintenn

Interesting!
I’ve spent quite a bit of time around Reelfoot Lake, and have never heard that story.

It's somewhat redundant of the video I posted earlier in the thread.
A little history lesson is good filler.
Gotta keep it interesting while awaiting more details.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you have never owned land , then .let your mouth runnnnn,,,

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
The locals are the law of Reelfoot. Telling you

Yeah well this ended up with 2 dead young men so "local law" won't apply. Feds will be called in to handle this. Rumor is the old man shot the first guy who was going to get a duck, 2nd guy comes out of the blind and gets shot. Old man thought there were only 2 and guy 3 hits him witha paddle knocking him out. Guy 3 takes both victims back to the ramp where LE were dispatched and waiting. Read it on the innanet so gotta be true

I didn’t say “local law”

People are scared to do the wrong thing out there disrespecting someone else. And it’s NOT because of the TWRA .lol
Duck hunting is a way of life and a lot of the local’s way of making a living. Please go ahead and tell us more what you read online though

I'm well versed in the screwed up sense of entitlement when it comes to ownership of public waters. No different than those in Currituck or the Core Sound here. TN doesn't have the market cornered on a$$hole duck hunters. Local law and customs got this 70 year old $hithead way in over his head and two young men are no longer here. I don't give a rat's a$$ about customs and local law, no excuse for anything like this to take place...not that you are condoning it either. Just a screwed up mess for no real reason.

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 01/26/21.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Our guy is not a boomer though

He’s an inheritance baby that thinks any land adjoining his is ok to shoot into.

The concept of “NO” is painful, had to have been. A real nut crusher.

Especially with empty Comet cans lying about.

lol

Well, it's not like he's actually hunting and trespassing on y'all's farm. right?

His bullets are just doing a flyover and hitting them deers.

crazy crazy

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
altercations with idiots

who have weapons

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My opinion,...duck hunting doesn't create any more conflict than many other activities you can name. It's just that duck hunting is typically done with 12 gauge shotguns.

People who get in a quarrel over a game of badminton get spanked about the head and shoulders with a badminton racket.

People who get in a quarrel over duck hunting shoot the fug out of each other with 12 gauge shotguns.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Community mourns hunters killed at Reelfoot Lake, person of interest still at large
January 26, 2021

UPDATE (4:30 p.m. 1/26/21): The TBI has announced that David Vowell is now wanted on two counts of first-degree murder.

OBION COUNTY, Tenn. — Northwest Tennessee is mourning the lives of Chance Black(right) and Zachary Grooms(left)
[Linked Image from wpcdn.us-east-1.vip.tn-cloud.net]
“It’s been tough to process. It’s brought a lot of hurt and confusion that we’re all learning to navigate,” said Seth Dortch, marketing manager for Final Flight Outfitters, Inc.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says they were killed Monday morning at Reelfoot Lake.

A friend says 25-year-old Zachary Grooms just graduated from Bethel University, with aspirations to become a police officer.

26-year-old Chance Black was also aspiring to join law enforcement as a state trooper. He worked at Final Flight Outfitters in Union City.

“They were very well respected, very well admired from their peers,” Dortch said. “Chance worked for us full-time for Final Flight Outfitters, and what an honor it was for us to have him on our team.”

Reelfoot Lake is a well-known hunting area, and both Grooms and Black were sportsmen.

“There’s a process there to take it all in, to mourn, to help build each other up, to strengthen each other, and for us as outdoorsmen, we have a lot to learn from it,” Dortch said.

Law enforcement was still on the scene Tuesday morning.

Dortch says now, the hunting community and northwest Tennessee are relying on their faith to get through this tragedy.

The TBI is still looking for 70-year-old David Vowell of Martin. They say to consider him armed and dangerous, and if you see him, call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The TBI has still not released a cause of death or motive in the homicide investigation.

https://www.wbbjtv.com/2021/01/26/c...-lake-person-of-interest-still-at-large/

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
E
ewc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Find the info yourselves then.

Last edited by ewc; 01/26/21. Reason: Removed link.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Screw Farcebook

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Screw Farcebook

This is the most sense posted in the entire thread.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
E
ewc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
If you read it, it’s a news post from a local reporter with new details.

Boat found, gun found, truck and trailer found, new info in the eyewitness, first degree murder charges filed, US Marshall’s now on scene, etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jimy

Just curious, but are you saying that you believe that a land owner has the right to kill people who are trespassing on private property?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I off road motorcycle ride and we run into this type of problem several times a year. It is always someone in a ranger pickup with a halve bottle of whiskey between their legs and a gun in the truck. The club has a dozen or more police officers in it. We have arrested a few of the drunks. The trail routes cover up to a 150 miles. We see bear and coon hunters running dogs all the time. Never had a problem with any of them in 25 years. I would submit that this isn't a hunting problem.

Last edited by MM879; 01/27/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
wpsd 6 tv
About Us
Sky6

Community mourns loss of 2 men shot and killed at Reelfoot Lake; friends of murder suspect left confused
Shamarria Morrison Jan 26, 2021 Updated 9 hrs ago

David Vowell

Photo courtesy of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation
OBION COUNTY, TN — Friends of a Martin, Tennessee, man wanted on murder charges stemming from the shooting deaths of two men killed Monday described him as mild mannered and easy going.

David Vowell is charged with the murder of 26-year-old Chance Black and 25-year-old Zachery Grooms, who were both from Weakley County. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation filed arrest warrants for the 70-year-old man for killing the two men at Reelfoot Lake in Obion County, Tennessee, Monday morning.

District Attorney General Tommy Thomas, who serves Tennessee's 27th judicial district, said investigators found a boat belonging to Vowell Tuesday. They also towed away a vehicle belonging to Vowell at the Blue Basin Cove Lodge on Reelfoot Lake.
"I know his family," Thomas said "We're satisfied he has no kill criminal history, but of course that's really irrelevant as far as where we are at this point."

Lodge owner Jerry Jones Jr. said you could find Vowell's boat docked at the lodge almost every day. Jones has known Vowell for more than 40 years.
"It is confusing," Jones said. "I wasn't out there. All I know are the rumors of what happened. You know, it's still hard to believe that this kind of stuff could happen."

State and local law enforcement officers have been searching for Vowell since Monday. Jones said the crime Vowell's accused of doesn't sound like the man he knows.
"In my head and my soul, I believe he’s a good fella. I don’t know what happened," Jones said.

Thomas said investigators told him Vowell approached the boat of the two victims, and an argument started. The two men were out duck hunting on the lake with a third man named Jeffery Crabtree, who witnessed the shooting. Thomas said Crabtree took the gun away from Vowell, and then took the victims for help.

Jones said he never saw Vowell return to his vehicle or dock his boat. He also didn't hear the shooting.

"He's the kind of person who would pick up any kid on the side of the road and take them hunting," Jones said about Vowell. "Those juvenile hunts, he'd have a whole boatload of children that he takes out there hunting."

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Just curious, but are you saying that you believe that a land owner has the right to kill people who are trespassing on private property?

Land owners should have the right to kill armed trespassers on private property. I've caught a few armed poachers years ago on our property. Now I just chase them and as long as they run off everything is good. I'd never shoot someone in the back, frontal shots only. What would you do if someone faced you off, on your property with a gun?

Life is good live it while you can.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i'm thinkin the ole guy dun himself in by now

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went duck hunting there in 2004. It's also one of the best crappie lakes in the country. I'm gonna hold my opinion until all of the details are released.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MM879
We see bear and coon hunters running dogs all the time. Never had a problem with any of them in 25 years. I would submit that this isn't a hunting problem.

Good post.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Just yesterday, the neighbors' dog from across the street was having a wonderful time flying about in the new snow. He came across and was blithely cavorting about in our yard, followed by one of the kids trying to get him back home. I let it pass. (Please see first signature line.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
239 members (300_savage, 1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 38 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.